Let us solo island expeditions

General Discussion
11/09/2018 07:01 PMPosted by Terranox
11/09/2018 07:00 PMPosted by Walburgha
I've never been kicked on any of my characters. Not that random kicks don't happen, and people can't be jerks, but if it is happening that often, you might look at the common factor... you.

It happens on my geared toons (when I can solo mobs).

So, when you just ignore your teammates and go play alone? Let me ask, did you try to comunicate with them? Asked for them to follow you? Thats what i do and they always listen. If you're not even trying to do it, you're the problem.
11/09/2018 11:50 PMPosted by Honma
11/09/2018 07:01 PMPosted by Terranox
It happens on my geared toons (when I can solo mobs).

So, when you just ignore your teammates and go play alone? Let me ask, did you try to comunicate with them? Asked for them to follow you? Thats what i do and they always listen. If you're not even trying to do it, you're the problem.

I do most of the time. But to do it every single time is tedious... I guess I need to make a macro button for island expeditions or some addonmsker can do it.

But I realize making this thread that I enjoy island expeditions and the thing that stresses me out the most is actually my teammates. As they have the power to get you kicked with no verbal warning whatever which is effectively playing by yourself with a random chance of getting kicked locked out for 30 minutes and no loot.

The most op thing in your group to worry about is your team mates.
I agree normal islands should have a solo, a duo and a three person mode - most of the problems with these would be fixed by this.

It would take so little to actually make these enjoyable yet I won't hold my breath that blizzard makes this happen.
I've never been kicked on any of my characters. Not that random kicks don't happen, and people can't be jerks, but if it is happening that often, you might look at the common factor... you.

Yeah, 100% this. I know what people are capable of and have been on the receiving end before...but it's definitely worth looking in the mirror if it's a constant thing. Thankfully, I could count the times I've been kicked on one hand probably. They're easy to forget if you know you didn't do anything wrong, so...

I can think of only 1 time specifically where I know I deserved it, and that was because I was being a jerk because I had a bad day like, 7 years ago. There wasn't much of an excuse and I was being petty. I'm fine admitting as much. No one is perfect.
I don’t understand how this has become an issue. Then again I do not think I’ve been kicked before. I usually stick with the group but I’ve also gone solo for large stretches until I notice that my group needs me. I’ve even disagreed with other players before but we work past it since it is just an IE in the end and we all want to get it done.
That being said, I have kicked people that have gone afk but that is rare.
Only time I've been kicked is in a !@#$ty 2 party group that is losing, never been kicked with 2 randoms. Islands are pretty useless anyways.

I've had players initiate kicks on other players because the player didn't do something the other player wanted.

The entitlement from other players is pretty insane. Usually when I say no to the kick, the toxicity of that player spews out and then I initiate a joke kick saying 'he started a vote kick for you', and they are removed.

Nothing better than vote kicking those who want to vote kick other players for really pathetic reasons.
Another person wanting to take the multiplayer out of MMORPG.

How far this game continues to fall.
It would be fun to get something like the withered scenario, you get some npcs(would be nice to get some big name characters there) that help you and you can find upgrades for them in the islands or spend doobloons to upgrade them, could even have some story development if you find something that resonate with them.

Personnaly, except if I do with friends I don't really care what other people do. You don't need communication to clear ies, and most people like me that just want the drops just spam normals and those can be solo even with 2 afks.
11/09/2018 08:53 PMPosted by Jalen
11/09/2018 06:58 PMPosted by Terranox
Sick of getting randomly kicked.... I'd rather have 2 npcs most of the time.

Yeah. We should also be able to clear raids on our own as well. Just grab the NPCs that fit the roles that you need for specific bosses....

Sarcasm aside: No. This is an MMO. We need to stop asking for solo content.

Jalen, why can't you be Horde? Every time I see you post, I agree with you. Fix it. <3

Compliment aside - yes, this. It's an MMO. Get over it, and find friends. Be social. Find people with like minded goals and go in, get whatcha want.
11/10/2018 02:24 AMPosted by Popuko

Nothing about MMORPG means "group up all the time" or "group up most of the time" or "group up any specific percent of the time."

Island Expeditions are content most 120s can solo, and which can legitimately (by design) be played a few different ways depending on the needs or desires of the player. Of all the anti-solo-queue hills to die on, this is the smallest.
Solo against the clock (not against the other faction) might be pretty fun.
11/10/2018 02:24 AMPosted by Popuko

Until they remove the option to create groups, there shouldn't be a problem.
played as feral -got kicked
went off on my own as boomkin (because I could solo rares) - get kicked
trying to explain why killing the unbound azurite isn't worth it for 120s- kicked

But mass pulling and or afking your multiboxed alt are totally things that dont get you kicked

i dont get it
11/09/2018 07:07 PMPosted by Ohgodfleas
As anti-social as it might sound, I would also enjoy doing solo expeditions with NPC teammates.

Same, I wouldn’t mind having the option to chill and do the invasions on the island without being yelled at.
11/09/2018 07:03 PMPosted by Sinelus
OR make a group in LFG and invite 2 like-minded players who want to do weekly or farm elites. Make it clear what your after.

Or make them soloable.
I always thought Island Expeditions should be this expansions version of the Mage Tower, but repeatable with multiple skill levels.

This expansion is seriously lacking in that solo filler content, making Islands solo with lots of cosmetic/fun rewards to work towards in quick log in and grind out solo fun is exactly what we need right now.

I hate the three player cap, it should be solo or five players, three players are just annoying and encourages a anti-healer anti-tank mentality.
I would totally love this idea.

Are you kidding me, people do it all the time because they join as a two stack and then try to kick at last minute for more chances at loot. Just because it hasn't happened to you, doesn't mean it doesn't happen often.
Haven’t been kicked - but it’s another example of intricately designed content meant to be interesting and explored that just gets rushed and Zerg-ed most of the time - especially in randoms. Would be nice to have the option of solo or maybe a selection of zerg vs. farm/explore queues