Let us solo island expeditions

General Discussion
The problem is Blizzards lack of foresight. The rewards are tied to the damn rares and invasions. So, they have split the community down the middle. You have those that want the pets, mounts, transmog, etc and then you have those that just want to complete the weekly.

Just put all the rewards on the vendor and the problem is fixed. But blizzard will never do it because reasons.
I support not only island expeditions (because haven't even done any yet), but also ALL content with an NPC group like we can do in Heroes of the Storm.

Obviously the loot/reward system would be less than if grouping with actual humans; that incentivizes content with other players while not blocking those who prefer to not group with anyone because [insert whatever reasons you want here].

They started on the right track with bodyguards. Just need to take it that extra half-step to apply to any content.

If they let players like myself do that, as a tank I'll get more experience with the content and thus more comfortable, and willing to try it out with other human players if the reward is worthwhile.

Otherwise I just stick to playing solo, wrecking old dungeons and raids so I can see the content on my terms, when I have time, when I won't burden a group if I have to go AFK for a bit, etc.
Just let as manually enter the Islands like we can Dungeons. That way we can solo or duo them with a friend if we like.
I would love a solo mode. i want to explore these things, see how they work, figure out the strategy and go off and find the rare stuff etc.

I can't see how you are free do that with the present mechanic if it's do it to order in an enforced team or get kicked out

If you could add in a 'solo' mechanic where you can tactically select a pair of your follower NPC's to assist you, that would add even more interest, and also give more purpose to the followers which are really a bit characterless in this expansion.

No need to mess with anything anyone is presently enjoying about it, just give us more *options* please :)
I started doing islands as tank because, if I died, I would get kicked on the run back. Love this community.
I vote for solo expeditions! Maybe we could use companions that we find/hire elsewhere in the game, sort of like the followers in WoD.

My reason for wanting to do them solo is because of the potential of being around toxic players (which upset me greatly) but also because I have pain in my hands & arms that is exasperated when I have to constantly mash keys for 10-15 minutes (its physically exhausting and too stressful).
If you are going out on a tangent soloing mobs, I'm not surprised for the kicks.
That said, I would be for Solo expeditions, with npc's ... simply because I find no enjoyment joining random strangers who don't talk, and look like npc's already automatically moving to the next rare/elite 'till the IE is over.

I get that it might be funner with 2 friends but the way it has been constructed, these instances are for me at least, not fun pugging.

It would of been even better if they put more objectives, treasures, etc... that isn't timer based.

You could have an added difficulty that is timer based for those that like timers.
I got kicked for being a healer. Apparently, healing people was not needed...

Now I run with a partner. No issues on kicking then.
11/09/2018 07:07 PMPosted by Ohgodfleas
As anti-social as it might sound, I would also enjoy doing solo expeditions with NPC teammates.
Anything would be better than getting grouped with two 11-year olds. They have to be the only ones fascinated enough with Island Expeditions to actually do them.
11/10/2018 06:57 AMPosted by Mitora
I got kicked for being a healer. Apparently, healing people was not needed...

Now I run with a partner. No issues on kicking then.

You don't need a healer if you kill rares fast enough that they drop orbs to heal you up or if you play with a hybrid.

Not saying I kick people for being a healer, but when I see a healer in my group, I cringe and feel like they are getting a free ride because they contribute significantly less unless their group is garbage.

11/10/2018 06:18 AMPosted by Soulprison
The problem is Blizzards lack of foresight. The rewards are tied to the damn rares and invasions. So, they have split the community down the middle. You have those that want the pets, mounts, transmog, etc and then you have those that just want to complete the weekly.

Just put all the rewards on the vendor and the problem is fixed. But blizzard will never do it because reasons.

A lot of stuff is going to be on a vendor in 8.1.

I do agree it is a little bit of an issue, but I don't think it is as big as people think. I think the majority of kicks are just players feeling like 'you should do as I want', which can be more than just you doing their farming method, it can include the spec you play, what you pull, how you pull, etc.

Some people also just like to troll and kick people for fun. I used to vote kick players for fun back in Legion during the 3 person invasions if I felt like they weren't trying hard enough.
11/10/2018 04:57 AMPosted by Missymoo
played as feral -got kicked
went off on my own as boomkin (because I could solo rares) - get kicked
trying to explain why killing the unbound azurite isn't worth it for 120s- kicked

But mass pulling and or afking your multiboxed alt are totally things that dont get you kicked

i dont get it

Well i can explain the not getting kicked when you are multi boxing - it is impossible for a single player to kick a multi boxer in there.
11/09/2018 07:01 PMPosted by Terranox
11/09/2018 07:00 PMPosted by Walburgha
I've never been kicked on any of my characters. Not that random kicks don't happen, and people can't be jerks, but if it is happening that often, you might look at the common factor... you.

It happens on my geared toons (when I can solo mobs).

What does your gear have to do with anything? Were you actually soloing instead of sticking with the group? Cause I could see that getting you kicked.
11/10/2018 06:35 AMPosted by Khoovi
I would love a solo mode. i want to explore these things, see how they work, figure out the strategy and go off and find the rare stuff etc.

I can't see how you are free do that with the present mechanic if it's do it to order in an enforced team or get kicked out

If you could add in a 'solo' mechanic where you can tactically select a pair of your follower NPC's to assist you, that would add even more interest, and also give more purpose to the followers which are really a bit characterless in this expansion.

No need to mess with anything anyone is presently enjoying about it, just give us more *options* please :)

Yea a few people mentioned the withered scenario and Having the island expedition and thinking of it as a solo withered with some customizable npc allies that would be a fun mode. Sort of like how you make pet battle team comps but with yourself. And it would make better use of followers instead of sending them out to do quests. I found I liked the bodyguard system and the withered scenario going at my own pace and that's a good example of solo content although it had its bugs but a great example of how good solo rpg modes are brought into the game.
I've only been kicked once, and I hadn't even loaded in yet when it booted me out