Miss when the world was built for flying

General Discussion
11/10/2018 12:07 PMPosted by Andrin
I agree 100% with the OP that was when flying was fun. Now its a convience and boring.

That was the point. They wanted to remove it. Now, out of spite, mostly, they have just sucked the fun out of having it.

This is why, apart from my sub, Blizzard hasn't gotten a dime from me since May 2015. No more Blizzard store mounts, pets or gadgets. No more xpacs. And I used to buy them all.
Flight for me has always been more about convenience and to speed up the state of the game and the ability to do things in world.
11/10/2018 12:47 PMPosted by Gabitha
Flight for me has always been more about convenience and to speed up the state of the game and the ability to do things in world.

Which is, of course, why they withhold it for so long. I don't personally care because flying will never be a "make or break" thing for me. I'll fly when it's available.
Such a double edged sword.

It's cool to have and neat when paired w/ the world and having to fly up to floating islands w/ waterfalls in OG Nagrand was amazing, but flying also kills wPvP.

While it's currently a sharded mess of affairs, I've had some pretty huge battles w/ complete randos against teams of Alliance assassins and it was fun af taking their group down @ their own FP in Vol'dun, plus I completed the pvp quest for it which was cool.

Meh, I'm undecided. At this point might as well make a Flightmode like Warmode phasing, let players who want to fly get it for free and let players who don't want to fly ever keep it off.

It'll work itself out eventually...
11/10/2018 12:56 PMPosted by Kekeyo
Such a double edged sword.

It's cool to have and neat when paired w/ the world and having to fly up to floating islands w/ waterfalls in OG Nagrand was amazing, but flying also kills wPvP.

While it's currently a sharded mess of affairs, I've had some pretty huge battles w/ complete randos against teams of Alliance assassins and it was fun af taking their group down @ their own FP in Vol'dun, plus I completed the pvp quest for it which was cool.

Meh, I'm undecided. At this point might as well make a Flightmode like Warmode phasing, let players who want to fly get it for free and let players who don't want to fly ever keep it off.

It'll work itself out eventually...

If there is anyone left...
I miss it too.

They hated putting flying back in the game and they won't let us forget it. I see no other reason why they make us wait so long and they will never honerstly tell us why.
Flying will kill world pvp again, or make it extremely obnoxious. I can't wait to be doing a world quest when 5 people drop down on my head and kill me. War modes 10% exp/pvp abilities will not be worth it, and no one will be in wpvp anymore besides parties looking to get quick kills on unsuspecting questers who still haven't learned.

The net gun will not help any in any situation either when it's hard enough to look up vertically for someone at all times. It will be better put to use trapping and killing singular players, as opposed to stopping one from being ganked.

There will be no reason to travel on foot from A to B so you'll never encounter anyone anymore who isn't at a world quest. Very easy way to empty the world outside of WQ areas. Yes flying is convenient and saves a lot of time, but you sacrifice so much interactivity.

I suppose I play DH so I'm less bothered by it, but flying beyond engineering trinkets and slow fall etc shouldn't be in current content. Instead of exploring the world and feeling active in it you're just flying over it and getting a pretty view, drop in from point A to B and then quit. No exploration just fly about, very boring and unfortunately absolutely mandatory in order to keep a competitive pace in the world.

That being said I don't mind flying as a concept, but in current content it should be unobtainable. Just give it for free once the next expansions pre-patch comes out. Either way I'll be disabling war mode once it's out, despite having had it on 100% of the time since launch.

The only other thing I would take is if war mode disabled flying, and increased all rewards by 300% (more or less mount speed) 300% gold, 300% azerite, 300% materials etc. Why else wouldn't you want to move at 300%+ speed and receive the same rewards?
11/10/2018 11:01 AMPosted by Acialga
My god its coming, its only been what 4 months. First patch of the expac hasnt even came out yet. Let us have fun with our wpvp before yall ruin it with flyin.

Yet I see PvP people complain that PvP without flying is just FP and WQ camping. Not really fun either.

I tried world PvP before I quit. You know what happened? By the time I got to where the battle was I missed it. Another time our group was phased to different realms so we couldn't do PvP like we wanted. Most of us ran around complaining we couldn't find anyone in our group. We tried to reform the group and by the time phasing issues were sorted out the fight was over and people gave up.

The claims that flying ruins PvP are all talk and no substance. There is no great PvP revival during pathfinders time gate, nor is there the death of PvP when flying is finally available. It's regurgitated propaganda, nothing more.

I hit max level, unlocked a bunch of stuff, got bored and uninstalled WoW. All I want from max level is flying. For me it's the most fun mechanic WoW used to have. It's gone now and so am I.
I still think a lot of zones are made to spite players that want flying.

They make it a massive pain to get back to your corpse 90% of the time.
11/10/2018 02:06 PMPosted by Jagdtiger
I still think a lot of zones are made to spite players that want flying.

They make it a massive pain to get back to your corpse 90% of the time.

I'm still bitter about that time I died in Highmountain and somehow ended up in a graveyard a quarter of the zone away.

AH-HA! I kept the screenshot, I was so annoyed.

https://imgur.com/a/MHKJttL
World PvP is a mess and has always been an unbalanced mess and the lack or addition to flying wont change that | Change My Mind
Let us have fun with our wpvp before yall ruin it with flyin.

Suck it up and buy a net gun.
11/10/2018 01:36 PMPosted by Jahazra
Flying will kill world pvp again

Can you tell me where it's alive and well so I can realm change.
Flying will kill world pvp again, or make it extremely obnoxious.

No, wpvp is already obnoxious from phasing, shard faction imbalances, and flightpath / world quest camping. Flying is just another thing *competent* players keep in mind when fighting another player, and react/adjust for it.
Blizzcon was full of talk about "player agency" for the next patch. Well, guess what, we already had player agency before in the game. Specifically, player-directed flight at max-level from TBC to Mists.
11/10/2018 10:00 AMPosted by Vadya
Have you been to Zuldazar? It WAS built for flying. Entire corridor-zone with steep hills, constant switchbacks to make your journey longer, and so much foliage you can't see how far the jump is if you get fed up and want to hop down to the next path.

Don't get me started on the temple city.

That isnt design with flight in mind, that is design with time wasting in mind.

It give the false impression that the zone is bigger than it is. You compare Zuldazar to a zone that was made back when flight wasnt a carrot on a stick and tell me how the design feels. None of them have crappy stacked winding paths or any of that nonsense.

And they genuinely feel bigger. Borean Tundra feels gigantic, Kun-Lai summit feels like a large open plain with a huge mountain to explore and it is.

Nowadays that mountain would be put there to block your path so as to force you to go around and would be made so steep you couldnt explore it anyway (looking at you Zuldazar).

Face it, WoW is a shoddy game these days. The Blizzard of old is long dead. Activision saw to that. And if you actually believe that Activision doesnt pull the strings youre fooling your self.
The only other thing I would take is if war mode disabled flying

That would be an interesting compromise. PvPer's get their fights and bonus resources. Flyers get their exploration and convenience. Who can say? It might even help contribute to balancing warmode a bit.
oh look, this nonsense again
11/10/2018 11:04 AMPosted by Cirenavi
My god its coming, its only been what 4 months. First patch of the expac hasnt even came out yet. Let us have fun with our wpvp before yall ruin it with flyin.
Could care less about world pvp, I am a pver. The game is way to imbalanced for pvp to even be fun. You want world pvp, the play on a pvp server simple enough. Oh wait, they died out because of how bad this game is at pvp.
No they went away due to pve realms crying over a death or two.They do the same with warmode now.

No one saying it shouldnt return, just all the crying makes us want it to take much longer, cuz tears.
11/10/2018 01:53 PMPosted by Zaranthosdk

Yet I see PvP people complain that PvP without flying is just FP and WQ camping. Not really fun either.

I tried world PvP before I quit. You know what happened? By the time I got to where the battle was I missed it. Another time our group was phased to different realms so we couldn't do PvP like we wanted. Most of us ran around complaining we couldn't find anyone in our group. We tried to reform the group and by the time phasing issues were sorted out the fight was over and people gave up.

The claims that flying ruins PvP are all talk and no substance. There is no great PvP revival during pathfinders time gate, nor is there the death of PvP when flying is finally available. It's regurgitated propaganda, nothing more.

I hit max level, unlocked a bunch of stuff, got bored and uninstalled WoW. All I want from max level is flying. For me it's the most fun mechanic WoW used to have. It's gone now and so am I.
Sadly that is true for most pvp realms. Sure it happens on ED too but only AFTER blizz removed world defense last xpac and got rid of our guild bases. Either way keep flyin out of WM is my opinion, not a demand. But you dont see me crying for months about something on the GD, xpac after xpac.