Enhance nerfs and changes

Shaman
Enhance utility is what makes it good. Our damage is on par with rogues that set up damage and have lots of cc.

Enhance’s comparative strength, since it doesn’t have a lot of cc, comes from utility such as grounding, tremor, off heals and purge.

Enhance damage is now being reworked and a significant amount of its damage came from static cling (removed) and forked/ride the lightning that have been nerfed and made it one talent that only allows one or the other talent to proc and will only hit 2 targets instead of 3.

Enhance utility/support in the sense of off healing was directly nerfed by 33% and indirectly by mana regen nerf.

Enhance utility in the sense of purge was nerfed due to now poor mana regen.

Enhance utility was also affected in that its totems still cost mana and if an enhance purges or off heals too much it can’t cast totems like grounding or cap totem for 2-3 seconds which can be game changing in arenas

They have now nerfed lightning shield to no longer build maelstrom on overcharge as well as our windfury talent nerf from 100-80%, which are major talent choices and significantly further nerfs enhance damage output.

in response to all these nerfs they reverted the initial 5% overall damage nerf that went out with the nerf to enhance’s off healing and mana regen

Blizzard had originally promised a rework to enhance in 8.1 before the release of BFAlpha. Instead of a rework they nerf enhance based on the current static cling/ride the lightning/forked lightning talents that were left over from legion.

And instead of a thought out and planned rework enhance has received reactionary nerfs and changes. Nothing blizzard has been done to enhance was done with any forethought or any form of planning; only reactionary measures.

It’s sad, lazy and embarrassing.
I'm sorry to break it to you, but pre-nerf Enh was completely busted in PvP. The changes that they have done is trying to keep them under control in PvP while making them usable in PvE. All the PvP nerfs were necessary for Enh to be able to get general talent buffs without getting completely busted again.
Says the guy that doesn't pvp on the character he is posting on, nor has any significant arena rating... thanks for the negative mouth breathing response
I get your frustration. The stormstrike talents definitely needed toned down, but the way they handled it seems lazy. We were also promised a rework but our "rework" was just some number tweaking. Enh will probably be fine in pvp next patch, but the way they're handling the spec feels so lazy and half-arsed that it feels like they don't care about the spec.
11/10/2018 11:26 AMPosted by Agatos
the way they're handling the spec feels so lazy and half-arsed that it feels like they don't care about the spec.

ya and i think that's my biggest frustration
rip
I get your frustration. The stormstrike talents definitely needed toned down, but the way they handled it seems lazy. We were also promised a rework but our "rework" was just some number tweaking. Enh will probably be fine in pvp next patch, but the way they're handling the spec feels so lazy and half-arsed that it feels like they don't care about the spec.

I don't think the word rework was ever mentioned. What I read said the changes for the class would take more than a hotfix to implement. Many people took that to mean a rework, but talent changes cannot be done with a hotfix, so they are right on course for what they said. I don't think what has been mentioned will fix us, but they haven't lied to us yet.

They just don't know what to do with us. They refuse to make us a straight forward class, with limited RNG, but burst is probably the most difficult thing to balance. We will always be in a bad spot as long as we are based around procs. Ret was in the same boat, but it's very strong in single target now, and they want to limit their AoE. Honestly, the way fury plays now is what I've wanted for enh since MoP.
losing fun talents for number tuning is gonna suck pvp wise.

I dont think they will be fine. Currently enh has high sustained dmg, low mobility, weak defensives , and good utility. Our healing got nerfed, mana regen got nerfed hard which leaves us unable to heal or purge frequently (hurting survivability and utility), our ss pvp talents are getting butchered, our major sustained talents are getting nerfed, our useless talents will still be useless despite buffs, and we get no defensive/mobility improvement.

They are leaving enh in a rough spot in 8.1. We will bring nothing to the table a dh, dk (post buff), or ret dont do better. Enh will remain playable, but dh/war and tsg will probably be better then turbo which is our main comp. The new ss talent will be needed to make dmg meaningful but since it's a trash lazy talent we can't play with cc classes because it will break everything. This leaves us as a squishy, average dmg, low mobility melee.

I agree with you. This is feels like a bunch of lazy changes that leave the class in limbo. Excel at nothing and be average at everything. I play dps shaman to be a class that brings utility and has high dmg. Not some crappy version of a dh.