Play Healer, Win More

Battlegrounds

This matches my experience too. On Alliance side, it's extremely rare to see a friendly DPS use CC against the guy that's tunneling me. It doesn't necessarily happen on Horde side as much as I'd like it to, but it does happen more often.

And by the same token, he has effectively CC'd one of your team's healers (you). Not usually a good trade-off IMO.

I can deal with my team letting me get trainedt IF they are CC'ing the enemy heals but they usually don't.. so yeah.. where do those CC's go? The world may never know..

I know where they go. They go directly into the Ret paladin's bubble, the Hunter's turtle shell and the Warrior's bladestorm.
11/11/2018 08:53 AMPosted by Arganoth
11/11/2018 03:21 AMPosted by Awdawefaegf
Why do so many people not know the difference between to and too. I literally see people get it wrong constantly.

Me two.

e tu Brute?
<span class="truncated">...</span>
I can deal with my team letting me get trainedt IF they are CC'ing the enemy heals but they usually don't.. so yeah.. where do those CC's go? The world may never know..

I know where they go. They go directly into the Ret paladin's bubble, the Hunter's turtle shell and the Warrior's bladestorm.
You are assuming they ever got pulled out of the spellbook and put onto an action bar. Sadly I am afraid that you have assumed too much in many cases.
I think ima Q randoms and be a personal bodyguard today.

I feel for you guys so much. I made a healer and I only play rated bgs and arena. The randoms are too much lol
11/11/2018 01:01 PMPosted by Zarinfur
You are assuming they ever got pulled out of the spellbook and put onto an action bar. Sadly I am afraid that you have assumed too much in many cases.

I can personally verify they have them on their bar. Apparently melee hate to let ranged escape, so they blow all their CC cooldowns on me.

This matches my experience too. On Alliance side, it's extremely rare to see a friendly DPS use CC against the guy that's tunneling me. It doesn't necessarily happen on Horde side as much as I'd like it to, but it does happen more often.

And by the same token, he has effectively CC'd one of your team's healers (you). Not usually a good trade-off IMO.

LOOOOL !!! So trueee
I feel like randoms actually gave me a pretty good lesson on healing. I learned to juke a lot better because you have to do it so often. Positioning is huge (los is so good vs casters even in big open bgs). Also just not cracking under pressure. I enjoy healing them for some odd reason...

Agreed everyone should play healer.
Tbh tho i think it goes both ways. In a way i think everyone should play every class and just see what its like to play that role.
There's a lot of truth to the OP; I started out as a warrior in Vanilla. A few years later I switched to priest and realized I was a terrible warrior, lol.
11/11/2018 10:38 PMPosted by Redmyst
There's a lot of truth to the OP; I started out as a warrior in Vanilla. A few years later I switched to priest and realized I was a terrible warrior, lol.

Im terriable at everything lol
11/11/2018 10:11 PMPosted by Kitanana
Tbh tho i think it goes both ways. In a way i think everyone should play every class and just see what its like to play that role.

This is so true. I learned a lot about which cooldowns to look out for just from playing that class. I had no idea ret had a thorns like talent, for e.g.
getting trained by entire team while not getting peels isn't very fun. premading as a healer is much, much better.
Less yapping, more healing. Thx.
I was in a bg where a Mage was out healing the 3 healers we had.

I was in an av with 8 healers and 3 healers on the other side.. all 3 healers on horde side each had more healing done than all of the ally combined.

Just because you roll a healer doesn't mean you are going to help the team.

The common one is peel for me, each class gets a kit to kite/cc, yet I noticed a trend with the people asking for a peel.

They are always in a pve spec!
11/11/2018 09:40 AMPosted by Arganoth
11/11/2018 03:39 AMPosted by Signey
Healers in randoms go in expecting to get trained into the dirt while their teammates run past them, jump into 5v1 situations, then exclaim "NO HEALS???!!!" in chat. The occasions where dps are actually cognizant of their surroundings and peel for their heals are very much welcomed.

^ This...so much.

I have max level healers on both Horde and Alliance. There is nothing that triggers me more in a random BG than when ignorant dps start insulting the healer because they did not try to assist the healer in any way shape or form and the healer is in the graveyard, or they have left the healer to solo guard a flag in a BG like AB. This happens FAR more frequently on Alliance (in my experience).

I will never be the person in the BG who says "roll a healer then", because I know that it is often a thankless task.

It's always the healers fault!
Had someone say tonight we were losing BFG "because of these stupid %%% healers!" even though heal ratio, we had them outhealed by a fairly large margin.
The guy complaining literally ran right past me and the other healer who were trying to keep each other alive, (and sort of peel off each other), and he runs past us, runs right into a group of horde, dies, and starts screaming at us for not healing him.
A loss doesn't necessarily mean it's our fault. I have seen Bg's won with no healers at all.
Winning a BG is a team effort.
You can have the best healers ever, but if the DPS is either super squishy, or llleeerrrrooooyyyy right into the middle and die, that really is not our fault, at all.

Wish more people understood that.
11/11/2018 10:47 PMPosted by Kitanana
11/11/2018 10:38 PMPosted by Redmyst

Im terriable at everything lol

Me and you were in an AV this morning together, and we smashed the horde pretty good.
Got them down to about 73 resources and then killed their boss. Was fun!