No 5STR/5Crit Gem

General Discussion
Im curious if a developer could clarify why Brave Stonehide has 5 Agility/ 5 Crit & 5 Intellect /5 Crit gems but no 5 Strength /5 Crit gems.

I have literally spent weeks grinding to get the gems from heroics that are worse than the gems provided to agility and intelligence users for marks of honor.

I recently discovered some of the pieces I thought were best in slot were not as well meaning I need to continue to grind for gems. This process is laborious and frankly annoying when our counterparts based on other stats just regem and get full gems so easily.

I understand plate wearers are afforded some advantages. I would ask that you add gems for plate wearers to the vendor as well even if they are at a relative disadvantage. It makes little to no sense to me why plate wearers have to farm heroics day in and day out.
He is right if we could get some clarification on why this is it would be great as i have farmed for gems aswell and noticed the difficulty to obtain certain gems. Thanks for your time Dev's
Adding them would only be fair to others. !!!!!!!!
Plate does get kinda screwed over. Would be nice if we could get +5 strength/crit gems like agility or intellect users instead of stacking +6 strength gems. End up losing 10 - 15% crit (depending on how many gem slots you have) just for a tiny amount of strength.

This warrior has 21 slots but could have 24 if I swap a weapon in for Sul. That's a potential 120 crit rating. That's about 14.8% crit. WAY more valuable than a measly 24 strength.

Probably better off posting this in the BG forums. Going to get buried in general. Not that most people will care about low level gem issues.
I remember those
are you sure there isn't any sun well plateau gem you are looking for
11/12/2018 12:53 AMPosted by Longos
I remember those
are you sure there isn't any sun well plateau gem you are looking for

We're sure.
I might be missing something, but why use the PvP gems? You could just find a jewelcrafter who can make inscribed pyrestone (10 crit, 5 strength), inscribed noble topaz (4 crit, 8 strength), or etched twilight opal/inscribed monarch topaz (16 crit, 8 strength). None of the TBC gems require a specific iLvL to use as far as I'm seeing so you can deck out a TBC geared toon in BT epic gems. The 5 crit, 5 strength gem Brave Stonehide should have would seem like a downgrade to the gems a JC can make. Not sure what the gems scale down to at lower levels (seems WoWhead is buggy with this), but you'd think the crafted ones would still be better or at least comparable to the MIA vendor one.

Since BT and MH drop gems like candy and the recipes to cut the gems are easy to obtain these days, any decent jewelcrafter should be able to make the inscribed pyrestone. I wouldn't call getting those gems laborious. Hardest part would be finding a jewelcrafter with the pattern which is nothing more than a simple trip to the Shattered Sun Offensive vendor in Shattrath while hoping the're exalted with the faction. If not, it's not like it's hard to get exalted with them these days.

That said, the gem should be on the vendor anyway, but there are equal or better gems you can get from a jewelcrafter.
Dyra for 70s there are no gems that compare the crafted ones are 3 str/ 3 crit.
11/12/2018 03:11 AMPosted by Dyra
I might be missing something, but why use the PvP gems? You could just find a jewelcrafter who can make inscribed pyrestone (10 crit, 5 strength), inscribed noble topaz (4 crit, 8 strength), or etched twilight opal/inscribed monarch topaz (16 crit, 8 strength). None of the TBC gems require a specific iLvL to use as far as I'm seeing so you can deck out a TBC geared toon in BT epic gems. The 5 crit, 5 strength gem Brave Stonehide should have would seem like a downgrade to the gems a JC can make. Not sure what the gems scale down to at lower levels (seems WoWhead is buggy with this), but you'd think the crafted ones would still be better or at least comparable to the MIA vendor one.

Since BT and MH drop gems like candy and the recipes to cut the gems are easy to obtain these days, any decent jewelcrafter should be able to make the inscribed pyrestone. I wouldn't call getting those gems laborious. Hardest part would be finding a jewelcrafter with the pattern which is nothing more than a simple trip to the Shattered Sun Offensive vendor in Shattrath while hoping the're exalted with the faction. If not, it's not like it's hard to get exalted with them these days.

That said, the gem should be on the vendor anyway, but there are equal or better gems you can get from a jewelcrafter.

ever since the stat squish, crafted gems scale to like 3/3 for some ridiculous reason. if they where on par with the heroic gems or the pvp vendor gems, they would be getting used for sure.
tbh, i feel like the crafted gems shoulde be re scaled to 6/8 because of the effort it takes/ took to get your jc all the way up there and then farm the reps required to learn those cuts.
+6 Strength gems are unfortunately the best we can get. Check for mats on AH (crimson spinel) and have a JC make them for you. Blizz forgot about us :(
guess it's payback for crusader enchant giving its full +100 strength in 1-60.
yeah, i know it's probably not the best enchant even at that level.
oh well.
TBH it feels like an oversight more than anything. Hopefully they'll add a 5str5crit gem rather than removing the agi and int ones, or nerfing them. Though the stat budget on the 5int/agi+5crit gems feels way higher than it should be for the level brackets, so them being nerfed over a strength one being added would probably make more sense.
I can confirm there is no 5str/ 5 crit gems available for purchase with marks of honor. I also wouldn't mind some input from Devs regarding this topic, thanks.
Inscribed Pyrestone?
I agree with the OP Drvirtua, Blizz please add some 5 str 5 crit gems to the pvp accessories vendor. It is important that all classes are able to get the same accessibility to gems regardless of their priority stat.
lookin' like burning crusade lookin at the level of posters in this damn thread
11/13/2018 10:49 PMPosted by Teelo
Inscribed Pyrestone?
3/3 like i said before.

also, 6 str is not better than 5 str 4 crit from heroics
11/14/2018 07:21 AMPosted by Lorca
11/13/2018 10:49 PMPosted by Teelo
Inscribed Pyrestone?
3/3 like i said before.

also, 6 str is not better than 5 str 4 crit from heroics

They are forgetting that gems scale with level, that’s why the JC ones look good on a 120 perspective but garbage on a 70.