Dear other high post number people

General Discussion
11/11/2018 09:28 PMPosted by Rosenivy
This may sound over dramatic but I'm doing it anyway.
The obvious answer then would be to create as many new threads as possible right now. So when the new forums start and they migrate everything that was started in the last two weeks, you can have an inflated post count to go with your inflated sense of self worth.
Posting in a thread about post count to see how many posts I have.

EDIT: I didn't need to post in a thread about post count to see how many posts I have because the post count is right there under my avatar telling me my post count.
Haven't we been through this before? At least once. Maybe twice? As far as I remember, at any rate.
Wait i'm confused, what about the old threads? they are going to get wiped also? like no more necroing 2011 threads?
11/11/2018 10:52 PMPosted by Kirela
I wonder what everyone's very first post will be when it rolls out.

The first thread just needs to say "First" and everyone pop their #1 in that thread. No conversation. Just drop and go.
11/11/2018 09:31 PMPosted by Arron
Iirc these forums will be read-only so you'll actually still have records of your high post counts. It'll only be "wiped" for the purposes of posting on the new forum.

So... what I'm saying is...

You should totally use this thread to see how high you can get your final tally.
Your post last week about hitting quadruple-six posts will probably be saved / transferred too.
I dunno. I think it's more a badge of honour to've been here for ages and yet not have posted much. It shows... great restraint. Yeah. Great restraint.

;)

[I'm about to ruin a perfect 700 to make this post. So not that great a restraint, I guess.]
11/11/2018 11:34 PMPosted by Romanna
you can have an inflated post count to go with your inflated sense of self worth.

Eh. -shrug-
It's more the memories than the number
my post number was never high to begin with so.. not a biggie for me

but I'm having some concerns regarding other things over there..

11/12/2018 12:28 AMPosted by Edisbelee
Wait i'm confused, what about the old threads? they are going to get wiped also? like no more necroing 2011 threads?

yeah no more necros.. brand new forum basically.
11/11/2018 09:32 PMPosted by Asmo
The race begins!

Feel like thats the problem with the forum.
11/12/2018 12:43 AMPosted by Rosenivy
11/11/2018 11:34 PMPosted by Romanna
you can have an inflated post count to go with your inflated sense of self worth.

Eh. -shrug-
It's more the memories than the number

Let's be honest here too.

I have an inflated self-worth with or without my high post count.
Eh, it's not like we won't still know each other in the new forums, provided they don't make us use our account name. (Cause if they do I won't be there)

Though I kinda think it'd be neat if they gave us like a badge of honor for reaching milestones like 5k, 10k, etc. posts on these forums on the new forums.
11/11/2018 09:36 PMPosted by Swiftraven
the forums are one of the last bastions for me, if the new ones are as bad as people fear, it might be the end of Blizzard products for me entirely.

just another change that nobody asked for, yet is forced upon us anyway

Check the Overwatch forum. Not bad. The advanced search feature really looks good as well. And, NO white flash when jumping into a new thread.
Meh. I'll have it back up eventually.
11/12/2018 12:44 AMPosted by Snowfox
I have an inflated self-worth with or without my high post count.

Normally I have moments of that. Not so much with the post count.

11/12/2018 02:46 AMPosted by Fugubar
Check the Overwatch forum. Not bad. The advanced search feature really looks good as well.

The mods however...
This isn't the first time.

I had a high post count on the previous forums, higher than this I think.

Well, it wasn't INSANELY high (like some of yours.)

So this will be starting at zero again, for the SECOND time.

11/12/2018 12:28 AMPosted by Edisbelee

Yes, exactly like when they were wiped/redone the first time. The nice tech MVP said something like the last two weeks of posts would be moved?