Wiping forum history

Customer Support
Is it possible to request a way to cooperate with Blizzard to have my forum history wiped out across all characters and on my Bnet account across all games? (WoW/SC2/Diablo/Hearthstone) I'm trying to wipe out my footprint and possibly any offensive post history, for important privacy reasons, and because I've had massive anxiety lately about being stalked/harassed online
11/12/2018 09:27 AMPosted by Melhann
s it possible to request a way to cooperate with Blizzard to have my forum history wiped out across all characters and on my Bnet account across all games?
Not something they offer. BUT, the forums are getting reworked tomorrow and it looks like everything will be zeroed out.
11/12/2018 09:30 AMPosted by Thundertotem
Not something they offer. BUT, the forums are getting reworked tomorrow and it looks like everything will be zeroed out.
According to one of the posts I read they are keeping about two weeks of posts so active threads can continue.

Edit:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/breaking/22764995
Note: We will be migrating over threads created in the last two weeks to allow ongoing community discussions to continue as seamlessly as possible.
The current forums will be kept as read-only too though. So whatever legacy you leave here will still be here after tomorrow from what I understand ;)
11/12/2018 10:29 AMPosted by Perl
The current forums will be kept as read-only too though. So whatever legacy you leave here will still be here after tomorrow from what I understand ;)

The previous incarnation of the forums was also read only for a while After the current version was implemented but eventually, they went away entirely.
If you ate this worried about that, maybe rethink how you conduct yourself on the forum.
11/12/2018 10:50 AMPosted by Nok
11/12/2018 10:29 AMPosted by Perl

The previous incarnation of the forums was also read only for a while After the current version was implemented but eventually, they went away entirely.
Yes, the read-only version will be temporary. Unfortunately, the news article that mentions this doesn't seem to be coming up when I click the link.
11/12/2018 12:52 PMPosted by Brahmina
Yes, the read-only version will be temporary. Unfortunately, the news article that mentions this doesn't seem to be coming up when I click the link.

How odd, they took the announcement down again. I wonder if it is being updated or if they changed the migration schedule.
11/12/2018 01:05 PMPosted by Mirasol
How odd, they took the announcement down again. I wonder if it is being updated or if they changed the migration schedule.

You mean we may get to go through additional days of GD freaking out over freedom of speech and thought police and everything?
I would recommend submitting a ticket through the appeals channel, Melhann. Our Forum Moderators should be able to look into your request.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/battlenet/665/1032

Keep in mind on the newer forums removing posting history may also limit your ability to post going forward.

Edit:

It might be easier to manually go through your posting history and edit any posts that you feel should be removed. If you have trouble doing that you can contact our Moderation team with the posts URL for help.
11/12/2018 01:08 PMPosted by Crepe
11/12/2018 01:05 PMPosted by Mirasol

You mean we may get to go through additional days of GD freaking out over freedom of speech and thought police and everything?

Same forum rules and same Mod team + better back end tools apparently = thought police. It is kind of bizarre. They tried it on the D3 forums too and the thread got booted. Not many people would bite.