Demonology

Warlock
I Admit I never really liked the Warlock class But I wanted to Give it a good go (the Last time I tried it was like Wrath) I am currently Doing Demonology. And the play Style feels amazing. I actually feel like a demon summoner with all the cool imps and other demons it feels like a good horde Spec (not the faction)I so far Really Like what Blizzard has done with it so far (at lest ascetically speaking) but I was wondering how is it at end game/ 120? Is it a good spec for raiding/pvp or?
It has its niche fights, and stays somewhat competitive, but the other two specs come out a little ahead as far as the number crunching. It is slightly skewed due to their being exponentially more afflic/destro locks than demo in end-game.

IMO - it is very fun to play, and when played right, can do enough dmg to keep your spot in the raid. My $ 0.02.
Sweet thats good to know Thank you :) Desto looks cool too but I will give it a Good try later Right now I am having fun with Demons :P
Its solid enough for raiding. Aff is still king but far less so than they were in Legion. Demo excels at some fights, falls a bit behind in others, but is certainly playable and perfectly viable in all fights up to heroic at least.

PvP though... you may want to go Aff. Demo can do perfectly fine if ignored which makes them alright for random bgs, but their demon swarms may draw unwanted attention and you'll be useless in arena unless your definition of being useful is trying desperately to survive while your healer keeps you up and hope your other teammates kills them before they kill you.
I completely stomp with Demo in every Mythic Uldir fight I've done except for Mother because realistically, all that movement with the winds makes it pretty dang impossible for the other 2 specs to compete with Affliction. Just for fun I even played Demo on Mythic Vectis progression and still did very well before I chose to switch back to Destruction due to needing that big infernal burst on certain adds halfway through the fight that Demo simply did not have

I also am pretty impressed with Demo in M+. I play in the 12-15 key range and while I'm not nearly as high as the top M+ Warlocks, I can definitely validate Demo's competitiveness in that range. Warrior level AoE burst, decent sustained damage, and solid sustained boss damage is not a bad combo.

Although boss damage burst isn't anything to be impressed by compared with Affliction, Destro, Mages, etc, Demo sustained damage is actually very strong. I can out-sustain Affliction the supposed "king" of ST as Demo so long as the fight movement is predictable

PvP wise, Warlocks aren't in a great spot overall, but they can work. Affliction and sometimes Destro based on comp are generally the way to go to push rating seriously in Arena, but Demo's sustained damage and ability to be a disruptive !@#$%^- to help set up kills for someone with a lot more burst is still useful in Arenas and Soul Link helps it survive a lot of burst that other Warlock specs would struggle against

Also in WPvP, I quest as Demo because I know I can 1v1 most melee and casters as Demo so if some cocky rogue interrupts my questing/herbing and thinks he can mongo me down because "warlock free kill". well that rogue is toast
Demo is fine, compared to other range Dps it’s not close.. but playable hopefully with the buffs in 8.1 to Felguard it becomes a little more up to Dps to Mage or Hunter! can only wait and see, I honestly think Demon Bolt needs a little buff too.

Mythic raiding aswell, it’s doable, but not close to Affliction, Mages or Hunters. I’m 5/8 Mythic, if you wanna progress far you’ll only Demo on Zek and Zul, Affliction on every other boss, Destro on Vec is good.
Demo is the only lock spec that feels like a lock should despite its lack of popularity. Affliction can be neat, but it's not very fun gameplay just using dots and one demon, and destro is just a fire mage so like.. yea. I kind of wish destro had more of a Fel vibe to it with more demons
11/13/2018 11:41 AMPosted by Goobdaysir
Demo is the only lock spec that feels like a lock should despite its lack of popularity.

This is why i switched to demo in BFA and have yet to be persuaded to change. I keep hearing that the numbers are behind afflic, but i have pretty much been out performing them in every group i've been in. Of course, numbers are one thing. Playing it correctly it something else entirely. And truly loving a spec helps make mastering it much easier.
11/13/2018 02:05 AMPosted by Ghazgkul
I completely stomp with Demo in every Mythic Uldir fight I've done except for Mother because realistically, all that movement with the winds makes it pretty dang impossible for the other 2 specs to compete with Affliction.

Is Demonic Core still bugged on Mother? The last I saw we aren't getting DC when Dreadstalkers despawn.
11/13/2018 04:41 PMPosted by Kwaii
11/13/2018 02:05 AMPosted by Ghazgkul
I completely stomp with Demo in every Mythic Uldir fight I've done except for Mother because realistically, all that movement with the winds makes it pretty dang impossible for the other 2 specs to compete with Affliction.

Is Demonic Core still bugged on Mother? The last I saw we aren't getting DC when Dreadstalkers despawn.

Haven't run into that problem yet, but I can confirm the dang pre-cast Demonbolt that only gives 1 shard bug is still a thing
is it a bug or are your dreadstalkers dying to a mechanic? because they don't give the cores if it's the latter.