Lets discuss spriest in 8.1.

Arenas
11/12/2018 07:08 PMPosted by Estrath
Spriest can not have a fear and a stun at the same time, that is because a talent replaces psychic scream for psychic horror.

is this an 8.1 thing or what because you're completely wrong about it atm
11/12/2018 07:55 PMPosted by Elementalqti
How did wizk come 2nd in the tourny then?

because he got immediately swapped out against any double melee team that basically killed him in the opener for thug cleave

idk man, they didn't just play RPS to 2nd place and they couldn't play anything else into the dh/boomy, especially thug cleave
11/12/2018 07:53 PMPosted by Estrath
11/12/2018 07:15 PMPosted by Myracle
I haven’t logged in my spriest for a while but I’m positive you can have a stun, silence, and a fear

Can't have both psychic scream (fear) and psychic horror (stun) at the same time.
Yeah unless this is 8.1 it's not true. Even then, I saw nothing about this in the notes. Are you talking about Mind Bomb and Fear? Because taking MB removes Psychic Scream.
Lmfao stun replaces fear... he's playing mind bomb in bfa!?
These are the people trying to give a valid opinion about class changes... lmao.
11/12/2018 08:02 PMPosted by Elementalqti
Lmfao stun replaces fear... he's playing mind bomb in bfa!?
These are the people trying to give a valid opinion about class changes... lmao.

Ya I’m not sure what he’s doing.
@Felryn 8.1 thing

@Efx yea I meant MB, my bad It's late lol.
11/12/2018 07:57 PMPosted by Felryn
11/12/2018 07:08 PMPosted by Estrath
Spriest can not have a fear and a stun at the same time, that is because a talent replaces psychic scream for psychic horror.

is this an 8.1 thing or what because you're completely wrong about it atm
How did wizk come 2nd in the tourny then?

because he got immediately swapped out against any double dps team that basically killed him in the opener for thug cleave

idk man, they didn't just play RPS to 2nd place and they couldn't play anything else into the dh/boomy, especially thug cleave

Wasnt it pretty much only turbo to !@#$ on spriests? And thats only due to the rng 1 shot mechanics of enhance.
Any other dps and there would be cds used like earthen wall totem etc, but if you can get major defensive cds without using any offensives then i could see a spriest getting %^-* on.
idk class just isnt fun to play

You dont do pressure or damage so when your CCs are on cd you just afk and wait for them to come back up so your assass rogue can 100-0 them for you.

Like you either become a litteral target dummy for some melee cleave or you get to free cast and do zero damage.

Sure you can do some cool plays with your utility but idk its just not fun to play

Even wizz says the same thing every day when he streams.

The class isnt fun and hes carried by pikas damage on rogue

if/when assass rogue damage gets nerfed you really wont see any spriests they spec is really tied to assass rogue damage
11/12/2018 08:08 PMPosted by Estrath
@Felryn 8.1 thing

source please

i looked up the spell on the ptr and it doesnt state that it replaces fear
11/12/2018 08:14 PMPosted by Felryn
@Felryn 8.1 thing

source please

Hes talking about mind bomb bro... the whole thing is just stupid because he thought we were talking about mind bomb, but unless your a pver why would mind bomb ever be picked lol.
11/12/2018 08:20 PMPosted by Elementalqti
Hes talking about mind bomb bro... the whole thing is just stupid because he thought we were talking about mind bomb, but unless your a pver why would mind bomb ever be picked lol.

did he not say stun?

he say spriest can't have a stun and a fear at the same time, but we can via psychic horror.

edit:
i fully understand that the fear talent replaces the fear baseline ability btw
11/12/2018 08:22 PMPosted by Felryn
11/12/2018 08:20 PMPosted by Elementalqti

did he not say stun?

he say spriest can't have a stun and a fear at the same time, but we can via psychic horror.

edit:
i fully understand that the fear talent replaces the fear baseline ability btw

I feel like he’s been choosing the reduced cooldown on silence this whole time and just now realized you can have all 3.
11/12/2018 07:15 PMPosted by Myracle
I haven’t logged in my spriest for a while but I’m positive you can have a stun, silence, and a fear

Can't have both psychic scream (fear) and psychic horror (stun) at the same time.

This is misinformation. I run psychic horror and no it doesn’t replace psychic scream. Mindbomb does, however.

In legion mindbomb was a stun and not a disorient effect so that may what you’re thinking of? Right now on live if you spec psychic horror, spriest has 1 min cd fear, 45 sec cd stun, and 45 sec cd silence

Also, @Elementalqti

You’re ignoring all the changes to spriest damage reduction. Currently on live, shadowform gives 10% damage reduction, edge of insanity gives 20%

8.1 is removing both of these and replacing with focused will which is 15% dr.

Quick maths for you, 10(shadowform) + 20(edge) = 30

So focused will is a net loss of 15% dr.

You are also ignoring the fact that Gosu Crew lost basically every game they played RPS. Not saying it’s not a strong comp, it’s really good, but you’re just kind of spreading misinformation here. Wizk was on the bench every single series except the finals where they were swept 0-4
@Felryn 8.1 thing

source please

I was talking about edge.
https://ptr.wowhead.com/priest-changes-tides-of-vengeance

Now the other thing was a mistake, I was being stupid and thinking of MB. You can have all 3 silence, fear & stun.
imo this is how spriest is likely gonna be in 8.1:

it'll be one of the better designed specs in the game due to having a large portion of its problems fixed while still having an abundance of utility to do counterplay stuff with

whether it's overtuned or not really comes down to blizzard tuning.
11/12/2018 08:33 PMPosted by Qwanda

listen my guy, dont advertise something as "math" when the math is wrong. just acknowledge we're all lazy and pretend the DR is 30% when percentages arent additive

Now the other thing was a mistake, I was being stupid. You can have all 3 silence, fear & stun.

ya, I was concerned about stun replacing fear. that'd be a disgustingly bad change.
11/12/2018 08:34 PMPosted by Estrath
source please

Now the other thing was a mistake, I was being stupid and thinking of MB. You can have all 3 silence, fear & stun.

You like straight up said can’t have a stun and fear. You even mentioned psychic horror. Maybe you’ll gain more rating now lol?

11/12/2018 08:33 PMPosted by Qwanda

This is misinformation. I run psychic horror and no it doesn’t replace psychic scream. Mindbomb does, however.

In legion mindbomb was a stun and not a disorient effect so that may what you’re thinking of? Right now on live if you spec psychic horror, spriest has 1 min cd fear, 45 sec cd stun, and 45 sec cd silence

Also, @Elementalqti

You’re ignoring all the changes to spriest damage reduction. Currently on live, shadowform gives 10% damage reduction, edge of insanity gives 20%

8.1 is removing both of these and replacing with focused will which is 15% dr.

So focused will is a net loss of 15% dr.

You are also ignoring the fact that Gosu Crew lost basically every game they played RPS. Not saying it’s not a strong comp, it’s really good, but you’re just kind of spreading misinformation here. Wizk was on the bench every single series except the finals where they were swept 0-4

Shadowform is 10% physical reduction similar to armor on live so many classes melee classes can naturally bypass it.
11/12/2018 07:12 PMPosted by Kïlljøÿ
raid boss? what?

spriest get destroyed by all melee cleaves even sitting with edge and 30% damage reduction.

Did you not watch blizzcon as proof? Gosu crew had to swap the spriest for a hunter due to spriest just dying constantly to turbo.

And with the 8.1 changes spriest lost 30% damage reduction and now have 15% damage reduction.

We get fade giving us damage immunity every 45 secs for 4 secs and disperse healing back which should help but don't think spriest will not stuggle vs melee cleaves.

Bro.... rps came second and boomy/dh/rsham came first? What your implying is that no sprirst can live to double melee? No... thats just you and other bad spriests. How did wizk come 2nd in the tourny then? If what you said is true a melee cleave would of came first. Iike seriously are these the people commenting on my post.....?

Also people saying you're getting nerfd in survivalbility. As i said no bias 1400s please, use your brain seriously...
You lose 5% damage reduc but now its passive and you dont need insanity, you're getting greater fade and a massive disperssion buff, tell me again how your survivalbility was nerfed again....? Omegalul.

Do i look 1400 rated to you?

Wizk did not make second in tourney, jellybeans did. then they were forced to play rps into dh/boomie because dh destroyes melee cleaves with cleave damage.

Maybe learn something about the game before you actually speak kid,

And what does blizzcon have to do with spriests current state? I never said spriests were bad, i said they get destroyed by melee cleaves and are not tanky at all vs them which is 100% true.

Rps got destroyed by method black's turbo and they were forced to swap the spriest out for a hunter.

Like are you brain dead or something kid?