BfA good or bad?

General Discussion
bad, classes are boring and the new features are even worse
11/13/2018 03:14 AMPosted by Corpselord
Greetings all. I have not purchased the expansion yet and am wondering whether or not I should. Do you recommend it?

I asked the same question in trade chat. People told me that BfA is "widely considered bad." And that it mimics some of the problems that WoD had. Is this true?

Thanks for your replies. Cheers all.

It isn’t earth shattering, like say Wrath of the Lich King or Legion were, but i don’t think it is as bad as everyone is making it out to be.
I think BfA is fine. It’s 10x better than WoD but not as good as Legion or Cata.

However, I wouldn’t listen to me or anyone else. It’s one of those situations where you should try it for yourself.
Have to admit, I'm a little bored with it. Still not at 120 (b/c bored) - but I think that's more to do with me having played a bunch of Legion.

I just ... don't seem to like my monk this time around. They took out the one major ability we had and now there's this giant hole in my rotation that leaves me spamming smaller, unexciting abilities instead of 1 big thunk.
Depends what you are looking to get out of the expansion.

If you more of a causal player and just want to experience the new content it isn't a bad expansion. Story is okay. The zones are visually interesting.

If you are looking to do lots of end game content:

PvP is pretty much unchanged:
Warmode is a joke. It has not expanded or improved world pvp
Arena is the same as it always has been.
Unless you play a Priest, Mage, Rogue, Druid, Warrior which always seem to have a viable arena spec or 2 you have you need to see if you have a competitive spec

Mythic Plus is the same as it was in Legion
Unless you play one of the desired class/specs do not expect to easily get into groups for higher keys unless your raider.io score is 1k+ and you have a history of success. Do the highest keys you can on Tues/Wed if you are on a high pop server otherwise your will never move because the lowest key on the leaderboard is an 11 or 12 by the time the weekend rolls around

Raiding... it isn't that bad.
Uldir is a pretty good intro raid.
LFR is still a toxic environment and I find pugging Normal almost easier than doing LFR. Ghuun is actually a challenging fight to learn on heroic. I do not anticipate that I will get much more than 3-5 bosses down on Mythic. The 1st two bosses on Mythic are probably easier than Heroic Ghuun.

Gearing
It doesnt take long to go from a fresh 120 to 340-350 ilvl.
But gearing gets difficult at that point because you have to clear heroic Uldir or start do a key that is +7 or for a chance at a higher ilvl item at the end of the instance. You can always run lower keys and hope for big titan forges

Azerite gear is a mess imo.
Not all traits are created equal. So even tho your new 370 chest has a higher ilvl the first two rings could have traits that do little to no damage and your old 340 or 355 may still be better.

Island Expeditions are an easy way to boost your heart of azeroth but get old very quickly.

World Quests and the Mission Tables are unrewarding compared to previous expansions. I stopped checking the table because sending my followers out on a 3 day mission for few hundred AP didnt seem like the best use of my war resources. The individual rewards for World quests are barely worth doing once you have gear and max rep. 2k gold isnt bad but I am not wasting my time running around a zone for 2k when I could run around collecting herbs on my farmer and make 5 to 10 times is much in the same amount of time it takes me to do the world quests
Other then raid and a few World Quests for the daily if the reward is decent there isn't much to do and that is with alts.

My main can't even run a +10 Mythic for gear. Well it just isn't worth it being all heroic + raid geared. Maybe with 8.1 this will change. I would say check back then.
Thanks for the replies. I guess I'm leaning toward not buying BfA. It just doesn't sound very interesting. But I need to think it over. Thanks again, your feedback is greatly appreciated.
11/13/2018 07:04 AMPosted by Corpselord
Thanks for the replies. I guess I'm leaning toward not buying BfA. It just doesn't sound very interesting. But I need to think it over. Thanks again, your feedback is greatly appreciated.

BFA is another MoP.(Another not great or bad expansion.) But with different strengths and weaknesses than MoP had.
11/13/2018 03:14 AMPosted by Corpselord
Do you recommend it?

I don't. The expansion features, warfronts and island expeditions, are not entertaining to me. That leaves little else to do outside of the standard grind. I've been avoiding BfA content for awhile now. They also gate the story behind a rep-grind, which is complete garbage IMO.

BfA is definitely a pass when it comes to content. I've been doing old world stuff ever since I unlocked Dark Iron Dwarves.
If your a casual player I wouldn't bother. If you have a guild or group of friends then yes it's fun. The leveling was fun, and the mythic plus is fun long as your running with a good group.
Bfa actually has content so it is better than wod. But not much better.
11/13/2018 04:13 AMPosted by Honma
It is a really good expansion. The world is beautiful, the dungeons are fun. The class design is really off, what i dont like, same goes for gearing.
Questing experience is amazing; i'm liking PvP too, i main a dk and looking for the next patch that will hit in dec 11.

I think you should give a chance to it. If you dont like, well, thats ok. But if you do, its a few bucks for 2 years of fun :)

This, I'm liking the expansion still.

The Kul'Tiran story line alone is worth it IMO.
It's bad...like real bad, dude...

so bad...

like the evening after you ate indian food and the chef didn't wash his hands and you were out of toilet paper bad

yep...that bad
I overall like BFA, but all but one of my friends quit. That's literally like 20 people.
BFA needs a lot of work, the art/lore and new zones are good, the 5-mans are good, the new allied races are great but most all the new systems introduced are pretty souless.

-the Heart If Azeroth is just a stat stick and extremely boring coming off the heels of Artifact weapons.

-Azerite gear and the RNG that goes along with it has made gearing a frustrating, unrewarding and boring process.

-Class design is in a really bad place, most all classes feel gutted and slow compared to legion.

-Pathfinder is back and gated behind a downright grind of WQs, hearing “a turtle made it to water” at this point gived me a bloody nose.

There is still plenty of time for them to turn this ship around, BFA has so much potential, time will tell
11/13/2018 11:07 AMPosted by Thaallia
I overall like BFA, but all but one of my friends quit. That's literally like 20 people.

Ive actually had a lot of friends come back to wow after a hiatus from wod and they love bfa. There are always two sides to every coin.

I highly recommend you find new friends that have common interests with you. <3
11/13/2018 07:36 AMPosted by Tentaclatrix
11/13/2018 04:13 AMPosted by Honma
It is a really good expansion. The world is beautiful, the dungeons are fun. The class design is really off, what i dont like, same goes for gearing.
Questing experience is amazing; i'm liking PvP too, i main a dk and looking for the next patch that will hit in dec 11.

I think you should give a chance to it. If you dont like, well, thats ok. But if you do, its a few bucks for 2 years of fun :)

This, I'm liking the expansion still.

The Kul'Tiran story line alone is worth it IMO.

I agree, Im really enjoying BFA also.
It depends if you play the game or play the forums...
If those are the 2 choices, my answer is good.
so far, meh, the implementation of 8.1 will garner my final judgment on the exp.