Where's Darnell?

Story Forum
Hi. Basic Human Male Paladin #2710 here.

Where in the world is Darnell.

I feel as though the Forsaken really needs him right now. He's the type of balance and Forsaken the race needs but I haven't heard hide nor hair from him despite him being wonderful and an amazing example of undeath not defining you as a person.

Again. Where the hell is Darnell?
Sylvanas probably killed him
11/13/2018 03:47 PMPosted by Zekedias
Where the hell is Darnell?

You'll find out in SoO: Vol. 2, Undead Boogaloo, when you discover that his large size and hapless naivety made him the perfect candidate for some of Sylvanas' most horrific experiments.
But if we're talking things that could help Forsaken go back on the right path he is definitely it. He clearly has morals. He isn't malicious. He isn't defined by death and just lives on.
11/13/2018 03:47 PMPosted by Zekedias
Basic Human Male Paladin #2710

Aww we can't call you that. I know I'll call you Billy.

Anywho, Billy is right, Darnell was a pretty nice character. Perhaps a little too human in nature, but hey, he is an undead human so par for the course really. If we were to see some reforms in the undead with Lilian I can see Darnell doing it.
11/13/2018 03:58 PMPosted by Ximothy
Aww we can't call you that. I know I'll call you Billy.

I'll take it.

Forsaken refinding their "humanity" was a big part of Before the Storm, wasn't it? I used to main Forsaken when I was a bab so I have a fondness. The Forsaken to me always seemed like a climb out of the shadow of the Lich King. To be better than what they were presented as, even if they did bad things.

Darnell is "human" but as it happens so were a bunch of other Forsaken who got slaughtered .
I know this seems like this is kind of distracting from the other Forsaken thread but I didn't want to derail it with the sudden question. A question that I think is very important for Forsaken identity.
11/13/2018 04:01 PMPosted by Zekedias
Forsaken refinding their "humanity" was a big part of Before the Storm, wasn't it? I used to main Forsaken when I was a bab so I have a fondness. The Forsaken to me always seemed like a climb out of the shadow of the Lich King. To be better than what they were presented as, even if they did bad things.

I actually agree that the Forsaken need a redirection, Billy.

They don't need to become good, mind you. I like the somber feeling Lilian and Zelling have. Lilian calls themselves monsters, and warned Zelling of the fate but agreed to raise him since it was his choice. And then seeing Zelling deal with it.

I like the more somber feel those two have as undead, over the highly militant Nathanos and otherwise who don't really seem like undeath have that much of an impact on them anymore.

I think that might be why I called Darnell almost 'too human', because I think there should be an inherent somberness and sadness to the undead. but if all Forsaken were like that, they'd be boring, so Darnell's humanity might actually be a good thing.
when I was a bab

a what now
2 min ago

I actually agree that the Forsaken need a redirection, Billy.

They don't need to become good, mind you. I like the somber feeling Lilian and Zelling have. Lilian calls themselves monsters, and warned Zelling of the fate but agreed to raise him since it was his choice. And then seeing Zelling deal with it.

I like the more somber feel those two have as undead, over the highly militant Nathanos and otherwise who don't really seem like undeath have that much of an impact on them anymore.

I think that might be why I called Darne

I saw in the other thread that Lorewalker Cho said the Forsaken are just plagued with darkness. Darnell can bring the balance the Forsaken need to flesh them out. To give them another option and put them in another light. He's "too human," yeah, but from what Blizzard has shown us it'd be a good long-term solution.

11/13/2018 04:04 PMPosted by Zarles
a what now

A baby. I was like twelve.
There was a line of dialogue datamined in Battle for Azeroth's initial stages:

"Did you see the mare that Darnell rode in on? Ha! Does he even expect to place?"

However, Darnell doesn't show up anywhere, nor is it concrete where this line appears. If I had to take a shot in the dark, I'd wager that this line is from the Norwington Estate, and it's not the same Darnell. Pity. I liked him.
11/13/2018 03:52 PMPosted by Katiera
Sylvanas probably killed him
11/13/2018 04:10 PMPosted by Grandblade
However, Darnell doesn't show up anywhere, nor is it concrete where this line appears. If I had to take a shot in the dark, I'd wager that this line is from the Norwington Estate, and it's not the same Darnell. Pity. I liked him.

Yeah. Probably not the same Darnell. I'm not gonna accept Sylvanas killed him because he's was a basic Deathguard. A grunt. He's Zuni but he made it out alive (sort of.)
He should be Executor Darnell, or Royal Deathgaurd Darnell by now.

Actually was Deathknell even evacuated? The Alliance might not even know about or care about Deathknell.
Something I've always wondered about Darnell was whether he was a first or second generation Forsaken.

Nothing explicity states either way. He seems too loyal to the Forsaken to be a second gen, but he also seems too green to be a first.

The fact he's a recruit doesn't particularly prove anything, he may have just not been a warrior until now.
I, Billy the Human Paladin, am very happy just discussing Darnell rather than wondering where he is.

He'd have plenty of promotions by now. He seemed plenty loyal.

From his introduction and the tone of his quests with him I imagine it's a sort of "You're both newly raised Forsaken, here's your pal."

Like risen right before the player Second Generation Forsaken. By now he'd be in the higher ranks, he was strong as hell and proved loyalty / eagerness to serve.

It's just a matter of awareness and thoughts about him now.
11/13/2018 04:18 PMPosted by Mellow
Actually was Deathknell even evacuated? The Alliance might not even know about or care about Deathknell.

If I may be honest I have no recollection at all what places besides Brill were evacuated. Hopefully Darnell is okay. I always liked him better than Voss. Darnell is one of the Forsaken I can count with my fingers that makes me still adore the race.