Explain patch 8.1 to me

General Discussion
Give me some good details on this patch 8.1 coming out. Im guessing this is a big patch compared to regular patches etc? What are the biggest improvements coming with it?
From my understanding, patch 8.1 that is coming out on 12-11-18 is essentially the first part of the game that people were promised and bought in advance in anticipation of a 8-14-18 release.
11/14/2018 12:26 PMPosted by Pandæmonium
From my understanding, patch 8.1 that is coming out on 12-11-18 is essentially the first part of the game that people were promised and bought in advance in anticipation of a 8-14-18 release.

Minus playable Zandalari trolls.
So wha tare you details?
patch 8.1

8 ball
1 hooker
11/14/2018 12:28 PMPosted by Stride

I mean, thats not entirely true. The're coming out in 8.1.5, so it should be a long wait.
My understanding is that it's adding possible rewards for going beyond exalted with your reps (those paragon bags) and the new warfront in Darkshore. There are also some subtle class changes. That's literally all I can tell.

8.1.5 seems to be the new raid and the release of the Allied Races.
Disc priests will lose their status as FOTM.
Just waiting on trolls. Although I am expecting Blizz to announce trolls will not be released with 8.1.5 but now they will be in 8.2.
8.1 is the "Oh Crap" patch. Blizzard is desperately trying to shore up subscriptions in the face of failed systems.

It features a new Warfront that is not noticeably different than the old Warfront.

It features an Azerite armor merchant to alleviate the problems with Azerite armor RNG.

It features more traits in Azerite armor, which continue to not appreciably impact your gameplay.

If you don't like the systems in place for BfA, 8.1 pretty much just gives you more of the same.
11/14/2018 01:53 PMPosted by Illuminatë
So wha tare you details?

go watch a video. stop being lazy. there is so much out there to answer this question for you.

if you're trying to be cheeky, then you can gtfo.
WoWhead and MMO-Champion will tell you all you need.
its one of the patches close to the size of many games expansions.
It's basically 2 raids, one full, one mini, and a continuation of the war campaign
top hats!!
More Island stuff, New Warfront, stuff to buy for both, Heritage armor for blood elves and dwarves, raids being set up for later, new war campaign stuff. More toys, mounts and pets.

Basically lot more stuff. Like 7.1, it's not huge, but it's got more meat than 6.1 for sure. 7.1.5 is when the raid will actually be released (likely january) with Kul'tiran and Zandalri and new stuff like Wod TW and the return of the brawlers guild.
11/14/2018 12:28 PMPosted by Stride

Mag'har were added as a replacement so blizz can give the Zandalari a better reason to join the horde and give the alliance Kul'tirans.