I really want player housing :(.

General Discussion
1 2 3 12 Next
This game would be so far above EQ2 if it had player housing. It's the only reason WoW hasn't gotten above EQ2 on my list, (besides nostalgia).

It would be so great to mount my Legion Artifact on the wall. Have the Blades of Azinoth perched next to a Gnome head. I'm sad :(
+1

real player housing, not that garrison mess again
Play Everquest 2. But standing in your VR house gets boring in time like everything else.
Be nice to kick my feet up at the end of the day. Gadgets of mass destruction can shure take the energy out of you.
Yes lets lock the population up again like we did in WoD, empty game world is all that's left as everyone huddles up in their housing. No thank you.
And which raid tier would you like to sacrifice for it?
10/05/2018 05:32 PMPosted by Paladina
Yes lets lock the population up again like we did in WoD, empty game world is all that's left as everyone huddles up in their housing. No thank you.
Proper player housing doesn't lock players up. It gets them to explore and find new things or craft new things to add to their house.
10/05/2018 05:34 PMPosted by Telgryn
And which raid tier would you like to sacrifice for it?
I'll sacrifice all of them for player housing :). But, if i had to pick i'll sac LFR or Mythic. Normal and Heroic are all we need.
They tested player housing while making WoW but dropped it because they couldn't make it "fun".
I'd only want housing if it was actually well done, and we were able to build our own custom house, ala Sims. Since that's entirely unlikely to ever happen, I really don't care if it's ever added or not.
I still hang out in my garrison when I'm not actively playing a character. It's like the only space you own in the game, if I sleep in the streets if Dalaran or Stormwind someone with a permanent marker and a bad sense of humor will do stuff to me.
I remember having player housing in Dark Age of Camelot. That was fun. And the huge guild mansions were fun to explore.
10/05/2018 05:36 PMPosted by Teneea
They tested player housing while making WoW but dropped it because they couldn't make it "fun".
All they have to do to make it fun is copy player housing from one of the other games out there that have it. EQ2, FFXIV, ESO, Black Desert, etc.

They are all copies from each other anyways.
Player housing would make their time played metric explode, allow them to sell millions of housing items, and bring in a whole new set of players. Blizzard will never go for it.
I know the game is shutting down, but you should really go check out the player housing in wildstar, leaps and bounds beyond anything
If it was specifically Guild housing maybe. Otherwise I'd rather see people out in the world.

Don't get me wrong I loved my houses in FFXIV but they got pretty boring after decorating them a few times and no one but yourself looking at them.
I'm a crafter in FFXIV. I specialized in selling walls (wallpaper). Did a fairly brisk business with them. However, I didn't just sit around my free company house, I was always out in the world collecting stuff to make those walls. I did the same to make most of the things I had in my room.

Just because you get player housing of some sort, doesn't mean you have to stand around and do nothing. Do something like FFXIV, you have to go out in the world, either to earn gil, or to get mats to craft stuff.

There are ways to achieve player housing without creating that mess called Garrisons.
10/05/2018 05:32 PMPosted by Paladina

The lack of content lock people in. Also thé fact that we could do our profession and had à AH didnt personne us anything To do outside.
10/05/2018 05:45 PMPosted by Sharaesdel
I'm a crafter in FFXIV. I specialized in selling walls (wallpaper). Did a fairly brisk business with them. However, I didn't just sit around my free company house, I was always out in the world collecting stuff to make those walls. I did the same to make most of the things I had in my room.

Just because you get player housing of some sort, doesn't mean you have to stand around and do nothing. Do something like FFXIV, you have to go out in the world, either to earn gil, or to get mats to craft stuff.

There are ways to achieve player housing without creating that mess called Garrisons.
Exactly this. I wasn't a crafter in FFXIV but, I was a dungeoneer in EQ2 and got most of the items for my house like that.

FFXIV i never made enough money to buy a plot, (probably because i didn't craft). But, I was always out and about looking for items for my house. You should never be stuck in your house unless it's to decorate/re-organize.
I want fully customizable player housing. The ability to make the house with mats in size and design. The ability to gather materials to make house items, pictures, walls and furniture. the ability to plant flowers and vegetables, trees. That sandbox addition could keep players busy for hours.