I really want player housing :(.

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 12 Next
10/05/2018 08:40 PMPosted by Barisage
10/05/2018 06:16 PMPosted by Siveer
...how does instanced housing suck? As far as I know almost all games with player housing has instanced housing. The only one I can think of that doesn't is...Archage? Is that the name of it? Which didn't do so hot.

Instanced housing might be the best way to go.

I think it's bad because it would be another form of the Garrison. It would just separate the player base further. If you want to decorate a house that many will not see, I guess that's fine, but to me it's a pretty shallow feature. I'd rather not have housing at all then have a really inferior version of it. EQ2 had instanced housing, and it was boring. If WoW was to get it, it would only end up being disappointing because of its limitations. Players will want many things available in their own instanced house for convenience, making active city hubs into ghost towns.

Archeage has non-instanced. Ultima Online has non-instanced (or it did when I played long ago), and Star Wars Galaxies also had it. They work(ed) because server populations were smaller and there was a huge amount of open space on which to build. In Archeage you can build your own little non-instanced Guild Village if you were lucky or managed to buy the plots from people. In Star Wars Galaxies could build player run cities. In UO you could build your own little Guild area with castles, keeps, houses, etc.

Maybe I'm just picky, as having experienced non-instanced housing, the instanced version is just a bad imitation.
I never found EQ2 housing boring. You should see my house. I still go back from time to time to work on it these days.

Non-instanced doesn't fit with how this game is built in my eyes.
Player housing is a waste of time. Objectively.
When I was playing ESO I got into the housing a bit. It's kind of fun as you set it all up; it takes a lot of time. After that it's kind of redundant, just a parking spot for your toons.

And lets be real - Blizzard doesn't even have the resources to finish core aspects of gameplay.
10/05/2018 05:29 PMPosted by Swiftraven
+1

real player housing, not that garrison mess again

The garrison is fun to me, but having a dedicated means of staking claim to a portion of Azeroth - even if it was lore-explained as a pocket dimension via the Kirin tor (had to be exalted), that would be fun, too.

I’m not sure why a death knight would need a “home,” as Acherus does just fine, but I’d be for it due to others wanting it too.
10/05/2018 05:34 PMPosted by Telgryn
And which raid tier would you like to sacrifice for it?
also, couldn't they just hire the Wildstar team that was incharge of player housing to set it up for them? they don't have to sacrifice anything if they just pony up the dough.
So many posters just repeat the crap blizzard spews. No wonder the game is in such a crappy state.
10/05/2018 05:27 PMPosted by Siveer
This game would be so far above EQ2 if it had player housing.
Why?

Is it so you can erp in /s instead of /w?

I honestly don't understand the desire.
Player housing is basically just for RPers. At the very least, it's the most beneficial to RPers.

SWTOR did it very well, in my opinion. You could buy your own private house and guilds also got a base, which was a pretty neat mechanic and is very conducive to guilds that create a lot of internal RP.

Not really sure how the general population would feel about it but it's definitely a benefit to RPers and RPers are always the most loyal subscribers in an MMO because they stay when everyone else leaves, and they create their own content.
10/05/2018 05:30 PMPosted by Fartstorm
Play Everquest 2. But standing in your VR house gets boring in time like everything else.

It's not meant to be fun. Good MMO's have diversionary content that hits other itches for players besides strictly being fun.

The classic example of a good game is one that has a mixture of semi-serious, fun, and creative outlets in it. Warcraft 3 for example. There's semi-serious content in the form of the single player campaign, goofy fun in the form of online multiplayer, and creative outlets in the form of the world editor.

The world editor isn't supposed to be fun. It's what you make with it that's supposed to be fun. Or not. Designing a house is a way by which some people unwind.
10/06/2018 04:59 PMPosted by Alvidius
Player housing is basically just for RPers. At the very least, it's the most beneficial to RPers.

SWTOR did it very well, in my opinion. You could buy your own private house and guilds also got a base, which was a pretty neat mechanic and is very conducive to guilds that create a lot of internal RP.

Not really sure how the general population would feel about it but it's definitely a benefit to RPers and RPers are always the most loyal subscribers in an MMO because they stay when everyone else leaves, and they create their own content.
how did the general population feel about pokemon? i wasn't here when they added that.
10/05/2018 05:35 PMPosted by Siveer
10/05/2018 05:32 PMPosted by Paladina
Yes lets lock the population up again like we did in WoD, empty game world is all that's left as everyone huddles up in their housing. No thank you.
Proper player housing doesn't lock players up. It gets them to explore and find new things or craft new things to add to their house.

I've disliked player housing in every game I've played that had it and really really hope the devs don't waste resources puting it in this game.
10/05/2018 05:27 PMPosted by Siveer
This game would be so far above EQ2 if it had player housing. It's the only reason WoW hasn't gotten above EQ2 on my list, (besides nostalgia).

It would be so great to mount my Legion Artifact on the wall. Have the Blades of Azinoth perched next to a Gnome head. I'm sad :(

Final Fantasy 14 does housing very well and it's a very fun game to boot! Less toxic community too, I thrive in the toxicity these days though haha.
I play Terraria and Fallout for my housing fix.

Terraria has huge updates planned and of course 76 is coming. Can't wait!
If you want Player Housing go play a game that has Player Housing.
WoW does not, and never should, have player housing, Garrison was bad enough.
10/06/2018 05:11 PMPosted by Somalion
If you want Player Housing go play a game that has Player Housing.
WoW does not, and never should, have player housing, Garrison was bad enough.

In your opinion
As much as I want player housing, we all know Blizzard will find a way of messing it up like they did with Garrisons.

They promised the world, that garrisons would be like six layer ice cream cakes with icing and sprinkles. Along with a side of a liquid chocolate fountain and marshmallows for dipping.

What we got was a plate of half eaten oreos with the filling scraped out.
WoW had the garrison and halfhill farm. Friends on the farm achievements were kind of fun. The garrison engineering building was fun also.

I just started playing EQ2. Haven't played it enough to have much of an opinion yet. I'd like to see how flying works there.

WoW was the king of flying MMO's before WoD ruined it all. Worst thing they did to WoW was time gate flying and lock it behind an achievement wall.
10/06/2018 05:23 PMPosted by Zaranthosdk
WoW had the garrison and halfhill farm. Friends on the farm achievements were kind of fun. The garrison engineering building was fun also.

I just started playing EQ2. Haven't played it enough to have much of an opinion yet. I'd like to see how flying works there.

WoW was the king of flying MMO's before WoD ruined it all. Worst thing they did to WoW was time gate flying and lock it behind an achievement wall.
in eq2 have you had the pleasure of trying out the jumping and gliding mounts?
10/05/2018 07:35 PMPosted by Siveer
10/05/2018 07:27 PMPosted by Sinelus
Problem with that is people will rebel it because it would phase us and practically empty cities again, WOD again. Alternatively it could use FFXVI's housing but that's limited and even then, it serves no true purpose. Why would you go there? To AFK?
https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/sapphys-houses-consolidated.540075/

https://www.google.com/search?biw=1920&bih=1005&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=Uh64W--CDYHesAXc8ZuIBg&q=ffxiv+housing&oq=ffxiv+housing&gs_l=img.3..0i67j0l5j0i67j0l3.152640.155519..155618...0.0..0.118.1009.12j1......1....1..gws-wiz-img.......35i39.3YPs0E2X-LQ#imgrc=_

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26035

you go there to make stuff like this.

Or like this...this is a City of Hero base

http://www.rlgaming.com/viewtopic.php?t=12833

Nearly everything in that base...including the plot size...was purchased or created. The nifty thing about that was that if you didn't want a base? You could sell the stuff in the AH. If you did? You could either buy something off the AH, or go out and find it for yourself. It didn't take away from the game, it just added to it.

And incidentally, City of Heroes was released in April, 2004. WoW was released in November of 2004. If City of Heroes could manage bases (housing) at that time, why couldn't WoW?

Final Fantasy is the same way. Don't want housing? Don't have to have it. You can sell the stuff on the AH and go on your way.

I don't get why people have such a hate on for this. I want something to make my crafting viable again, and if its made right, it would give crafters/people who want housing more incentive to get out and about in the world.

Edit: The reason Garrisons tanked so badly was that everything was pretty much handed to the player so there was no reason to go out and about to do things. Making players put it together is more logical, imo anyways.
10/05/2018 05:42 PMPosted by Óbvious
I know the game is shutting down, but you should really go check out the player housing in wildstar, leaps and bounds beyond anything

Did'nt save the game then did it?

This is excatly what killed Asheron's Call. Player housing.