Method is Ruining the Game (and E-sports)

General Discussion
Prev 1 24 25 26 Next
I dont really agree that method is responsible, but I do hate how cookie cutter WoW has become due to PvP + "e sports."

I want a fully customizable cluster F of a game back. Vanilla wow was so much more "deep" even if meant you made mistakes while learning.
OP is so stupid it actually blows my mind. And all the upvotes prove the stupidity of GD, good job folks. I guess sports and all the video games with esport scenes much be super unpopular, because why even bother if you cant keep up. Oh wait, are you telling me most rational human beings realize they don't have to be the best to appreciate the efforts of others while only being casual themselves? Holy cow, if only GD were normal human beings.
10/08/2018 01:25 PMPosted by Sìmplejack
10/08/2018 01:17 PMPosted by Ythisens
I don't know why people keep parroting that subs are "hemorrhaging" despite having 0 data to back it up. On our end literally nothing indicates that that is happening.

Are you honestly trying to tell us that BFA has magically beaten the trend of EVERY expansion since Wrath?

Stop that parroting right now! At least how we know what triggers the CMs.
10/08/2018 03:28 PMPosted by Balthezar
PvE Esports is wack.

I wanna see two people hit each other with hammers not a computer.

Given the numbers that the MDI and Method's streaming obtained compared to what the Arena world championship gets, it seems a lot of people disagree with you.
<span class="truncated">...</span>
There's no data because you guys hid it after subs tanked extremely hard in WoD.

They can hide their subs but can't hide their activities

https://mmo-population.com/activity

You really think there is no data analyst in the world that can't figure it out ? Wow is still king , no pressure

Thought it was funny that the list in that link had games that are officially dead (meaning shutdown), like Asheron's Call and City of Heroes.

Then I saw this

The average active users in MMO related subreddits

So... what is the relevancy of this data and why are you linking it here? I mean, obviously WoW is still more popular than other games but I am not understanding what this subreddit activity data has to do with anything.
10/08/2018 03:33 PMPosted by Tàrgon
10/08/2018 03:28 PMPosted by Balthezar
PvE Esports is wack.

I wanna see two people hit each other with hammers not a computer.

Given the numbers that the MDI and Method's streaming obtained compared to what the Arena world championship gets, it seems a lot of people disagree with you.

Because PvP is in the toilet thanks to pruning.

I wonder why.
10/08/2018 08:21 AMPosted by Synsha
10/08/2018 08:18 AMPosted by Daddy
One can argue that not knowing everything from day 1 would make things more competitive.
They tried that previously, it lead to incredibly buggy and wonky instances. Way more than current. Better to have the content somewhat tested before it's released to the masses.

That's not what I meant. Testing still, but have testers sign a NDA.
10/08/2018 03:39 PMPosted by Daddy
...They tried that previously, it lead to incredibly buggy and wonky instances. Way more than current. Better to have the content somewhat tested before it's released to the masses.

Yeah it was so great to play beta BFA 2 months into the xpack.

Where is the real xpack?
On our end literally nothing indicates that that is happening.

Of course if it was showing up on your end you could not or would not discuss it as it would add fuel to the fire, so either way you end up telling us either a falsehood or you are telling us the truth and the former and the latter both give the same relative result. If you are telling us the truth subs aren't an issue. If you are shining us on it would not be in your best interest to shine us on in the direction of decreasing subs so you would only tell us a falsehood if you were trying to keep up a pretense of nothing being wrong. aka This is fine! (as the house burns down around you).
10/08/2018 03:39 PMPosted by Daddy
...They tried that previously, it lead to incredibly buggy and wonky instances. Way more than current. Better to have the content somewhat tested before it's released to the masses.

You realize part of the testing is just putting a lot of people into the instance and making sure stuff doesn't crash and break, video card communication issues, and stuff. Making sure animations actually work, phases actually happen, etc.

A lot more than just boss tuning.

You think thousands are players are going to jump through NDA hoops, and Bliz actually enforcing It? Thats so counter productive to why it's actually tested it's crazy.
I don't know why people keep parroting that subs are "hemorrhaging" despite having 0 data to back it up. On our end literally nothing indicates that that is happening.

LOL I don't have any data to show that water is wet either, I just know it is.
The way that I personally look at it is, It would be a more interesting race to watch if the top guilds did not spend countless hours and wipes on the PTR to get 90% of their strats down. It would be 100 times more exciting if there was some real race to worlds first. ATM we all know it will come done to 1 of the top 2/3 guilds simply because of the time they spend on the PTR.

Since Blizzard has some of the TOP PvE gamers ever to play doing internal testing and development and we know they add a X modifier to dmg/hp above their internal team. Then why have it on the PTR, it should be new and exciting to all the players.

We know that they completely ignore us in BETA feedback. It has been proven time and time again with the bugs and broken mechainics that were found and reported in BETA just to show up in the live version. As well as broken classes...

What is the whole point of PTR if they ignore 99% of what we find. Other than give those top 1% raid teams a boost to what to expect in the fight designs. Seriously....
did i seriously just waste 20 seconds reading the first couple paragraphs of this mouthbreather nonesense and about to waste 5 minutes more? I guess i am.

There's always going to be a first. There's always going to be a "best" way.

Are you confusing being invited to test closed beta for which they are not the only guild? Blizzard uses an internal team of ex-pro gamers to test raids who are on the blizzard payroll and they have to respect an NDA which is seriously no !@#$ing joke legally.

You do realize that testing on closed beta means jack and !@#$ ultimately because everyone else testing on closed beta feeds the community information about the raid design and on top of that fights are frequently finalized to play differently live than on closed beta.

There is almost no testing done on closed beta of the mythic versions of encounters and I have NEVER seen blizzard enable testing of the last few bosses of a mythic raid.

Do you really believe that other top raid guilds that can't actually put 14 hours a day into the game would stand a chance if there was zero raid testing on the public test realm or closed beta? In addition to 14 hour raids they literally have limitless resources and customize their own version of bigwigs (methodwigs) on the fly while they are doing progression. Simply removing pre-knowledge of the fight won't "even the playing field".

Lastly, the only difference between method now and nihilum/deathntaxes/paragon etc. in the past is that social media has peaked in power and there is very little blizzard can do to stop that other than ban people from posting about the game and literally killing millions/billions w/e of free advertising.

If the old classic dev team was still involved, I highly doubt they'd do things much differently in respect to your arguments because of how valuable the social media exposure is.
WoW isnt a real e-sport it failed years ago.
i think its more blizzard is ruining the game, Method is fine
E-sports are not sports. I give zero rat farts about any 'professional' gamers. I'll never play a video game based on what 'team' is playing it.

You want e-sports out of the equation, stop watching it. Seriously.
10/08/2018 03:50 PMPosted by Symbioserous
WoW isnt a real e-sport it failed years ago.

This. Just let us play in our sandbox and kill each other.
Think the OP made some valid points, just the Method interjection into every one came off as WAY to creepy ex-girlfriend. I mean...who hurt you?
10/08/2018 03:52 PMPosted by Yed
I mean...who hurt you?

Soy.
Did Method force Azerite on us? No.