Mages being jerks in Warfronts

General Discussion
10/06/2018 06:57 PMPosted by Voidarcane
So 5 times today I have seen mages put a portal right ontop of a soulwell while in a warfront causing multiple players to instantly be ported out and get a 30 minute deserted buff (no I am not that mage, I dont have a horde mage).

Can people please not be jerks and place portal(s) right ontop of something clickable objects to cause people to be sent out of the instance purposely causing a 30 min deserter buff, some of us have fresh 120's and want to get some of that catch up gear...

Also please report any mages who do this... it sucks having to wait for 30 mins to re-que.

Since Dalaran is basically a backwater port now, I need something to amuse me since I have no reason to open 'Ancient Teleport - Dalaran' for raids Anymore.
You know what you just accomplished with this post? You just gave a bunch of jerks a very effective Bad Idea™ for free. Nice job. At least I know what to look out for now.

*sigh* Next time, just report it.
10/06/2018 07:30 PMPosted by Mideriko
There is also Jaina's Locket, that makes a portal to Dalaran, I had a rogue use that and my mage got blamed for making the portal to the wrong place so some of those could be anyone doing it.

I do this on top of the construction tables and then blame the mage who gets kicked.
They'll probably just make it so you can't use portals in Warfronts.
10/06/2018 08:26 PMPosted by Whinah
I would never do this.. Because I really don't want to deal with someone whispering to me how much of a %!!#@#@# I am.

Or posting on the forum how evil I am

i dont mind bwahahahahaha
10/06/2018 08:07 PMPosted by Cadavette
Posting on my kid's mage. Click it and it's your fault. Just a reminder to look before you click, like looking over your left shoulder before changing lanes.

Funny how little decisions can be SO IMPORTANT. Pay attention.

First, why would you set your kid up for hate mail by posting your crap on his/her toon? Parent of the year stuff.

Second, if you read the entire thing you would know that some of the portals are covering up things that are actually used to complete the mission. Do lay down a bunch of razor blades in your kid's bedroom and tell them to go to bed and if they slice their feet open well its his/her fault?
Sadly nothing new. About a week ago there was a mage in Boralis who kept spamming Stormwind portals over the Stormwind portal. Most annoying. I was about to create a complaint ticket, but wasn't sure how to classify it. Griefing? Thankfully I was on my Mage and just teleported.
10/06/2018 09:44 PMPosted by Panku
10/06/2018 08:07 PMPosted by Cadavette
Posting on my kid's mage. Click it and it's your fault. Just a reminder to look before you click, like looking over your left shoulder before changing lanes.

Funny how little decisions can be SO IMPORTANT. Pay attention.

First, why would you set your kid up for hate mail by posting your crap on his/her toon? Parent of the year stuff.

Second, if you read the entire thing you would know that some of the portals are covering up things that are actually used to complete the mission. Do lay down a bunch of razor blades in your kid's bedroom and tell them to go to bed and if they slice their feet open well its his/her fault?

Mage portals vs real life razor blades. Yeah, those are *almost* the same thing. Almost.
10/06/2018 06:59 PMPosted by Tea
That's really !@#$ing funny and I wish I had my mage capped now.

Logging on mage now. Thank you OP for sharing this with us.
10/06/2018 09:45 PMPosted by Qùiel
Sadly nothing new. About a week ago there was a mage in Boralis who kept spamming Stormwind portals over the Stormwind portal. Most annoying. I was about to create a complaint ticket, but wasn't sure how to classify it. Griefing? Thankfully I was on my Mage and just teleported.

Mages who place a Stormwind portal over the Stormwind portal are trying to keep the .003 cent portal transaction fee for themselves instead of letting blizz keep all that cash. I wonder where you teleported yourself -- hopefully not Stormwind. =)
Might want to take care. I've seen LFR kick all hunters systematically back when pack was a thing.

Kicking all mages may come sooner than later.
Lmfao.
LoL ,they fell for that one.I'll never do it in a raid but only for bad folks.
10/06/2018 07:05 PMPosted by Voidarcane
10/06/2018 06:59 PMPosted by Tea
That's really !@#$ing funny and I wish I had my mage capped now.

It's not funny when there are 5 portals on a contribution table for a building or right on a capture point....

You're right that's not funny.

It's hilarious.
I cant use ancient portal: dalaran anymore. My friends all look to see which port is being cast. But I have been getting funnies by sticking portals on top of a warlock summoning stone, lol. Only one though so the ones paying attention can actually click around the portal.
10/06/2018 06:57 PMPosted by Voidarcane
So 5 times today I have seen mages put a portal right ontop of a soulwell while in a warfront causing multiple players to instantly be ported out and get a 30 minute deserted buff (no I am not that mage, I dont have a horde mage).

Can people please not be jerks and place portal(s) right ontop of something clickable objects to cause people to be sent out of the instance purposely causing a 30 min deserter buff, some of us have fresh 120's and want to get some of that catch up gear...

Also please report any mages who do this... it sucks having to wait for 30 mins to re-que.

How about people just watch what they are clicking. It takes major stupidity to actually get yourself ported out in this manner - the group remaining actually should rejoice that the 'weak links' have been removed.
I remember back in the day getting Coren Direbrew's drill tunneler. We would drop it right in front of the closed gate at the start of AV and say "Here's a drill to take us right to the Alliance base, click it!"

Good times were had until they nerfed it.
It's not funny when there are 5 portals on a contribution table for a building or right on a capture point....

Didn't you say soulwell?
10/06/2018 07:10 PMPosted by Voidarcane
10/06/2018 07:07 PMPosted by Pottaz
Don’t click on the portal then ya goofball

its hard not to when a mage keeps spamming them on construction tables or you get a bit of lag and click on a table twice or thrice and a portal is there and BOOM ported out with deserter buff.
If a mage is spamming portals on the table, just tell the raid to kick them for making the warfront take 10x longer than usual.
10/07/2018 03:07 AMPosted by Cantz

Didn't you say soulwell?

He did and I guess wasn't getting enough support for his outrage so had to change it.