Live Developer Q&A Thursday, October 11 – Submit Your Questions

General Discussion
Prev 1 27 28 29 43 Next
RNG is a natural part of RPG's seeing how they're derivatives of table top games. There's been a lot of player controlled systems through the expansions to balance out some of the RNG involved in getting loot upgrades (Valor/Vendors, Valor/Upgrades, Reforging, etc), but it seems all of those have been either toned back or removed, while more and more RNG elements keep getting piled on (WF/TF, Traits, Caches, forced Personal Loot). Are there any plans to bring back some of the past systems, or create a new system, to give players more control and help alleviate the feeling that we're constantly rolling 10 D20's hoping for the prefect combination of numbers to get a viable upgrade?
10/08/2018 09:31 AMPosted by Bornakk
Join us live on Twitch.tv/Warcraft Thursday, October 11, at 11:00am PST, as we sit down with Game Director Ion Hazzikostas for our next live developer Q&A, where he’ll be answering your World of Warcraft questions including those on the next content update—Tides of Vengeance.

You can submit your questions here in this thread or on Twitter by using the hashtag #WarcraftQA.

As a reminder, please keep your questions short (40 words or less) so that we can get to as many questions as possible. We look forward to you joining us live on Thursday!

What are you guys going to do about the many issues facing Death Knight DPS & PvP? Unholy & Frost both need some work! Also your thoughts about for Unholy replacing Death Strike with Death Siphon? & Also what about bringing back 2 Handed Frost?!

(Replace Death Strike with Death Siphon)
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20748495429
When will you fix heirlooms?
When will Death Knights be playable in Arenas? The Lichborne talent in the PTR is bad in my opinion due to its downsides.
While not the most popular opinion, I enjoyed the Garrison Mission Table and Order Hall Mission Table. Gearing out my followers, covering a variety of mission types, and then farming Gold, Resources, or Reputation as someone who can't play as much as others was great. The current Table has absolutely no depth. I'd have liked to see more depth added this expansion, not less. Additions have been made to the other tables through patches, are there plans to develop the current Mission table?
Marksmanship Hunters?
Ret paladins Divine purpose has been bugged since launch. It does not chain procs properly. The Divine Purpose buff is not consumed immediately when a spender has been cast which can allow you to gain another Divine Purpose proc which is consumed once the first spender has done damage or healing. This is a 100 tier talent and yet nothing has been said about addressing it. Something that is a major choice for our class being bugged feels bad but the lack of communication from any sort of dev in any class forum feels worse. It feels like nothing has been seen. Even a simple acknowledgement would suffice most people to know that they have been heard. what is being done to improve communication between players and devs?
10/08/2018 01:10 PMPosted by Viktor
An overwhelming majority of Frost Death Knights want to use their two-handed weapon again as Frost. Will you give us this option?

Source: The official WoW Death Knight forum.

The overwhelming majority of a dozen people spamming the DK forums maybe. Please don't speak for all of us. I'm quite happy dual wielding and have been for some time.

I'd rather have answers to questions regarding survivability and utility for frost DKs. Is there a worry that frost gets too powerful too quickly in pvp with a larger toolkit? Why do so many other specs now have more effective in combat healing with far less down sides?
Is there any chance to add an auto translate tool when grouping with people from other countries? this will help a lot with people to feel less frustrated
Do you worry that the possible success of Classic WoW will prove once and for all how badly certain systems and game changes actually hurt the game?

I mean what if Classic WoW when all is said and done actually ends up the more popular version of WoW? What then?
Is there any update on shadow priest? Shadow priest have been left in the dark on updates for a while now can we expect any changes or updates soon?
Why would Sira and Delaryn serve Sylvanas after she burn Teldrassil? Please don't do this with nelfs fans,it's insulting.
Any chance at Azerite pieces being available at the end of M+ runs?

Currently the only available means is to get extremely lucky (or unlucky, depending on traits) from the weekly M+ chest, (some) world bosses and raids.
Are there any plans to tune holy paladin auras? Devotion is best for your raid, but mercy shows up on meters causing players to look worse on logs despite helping raid more, which is detrimental for evaluating recruits.
In Legion my guild and i came up with this game we called Foxapalooza. It was a drinking game based on how many Foxes we could simultaneously spawn from a single Fox Flower and it engaged many of my members. Attendance often passed Raid nights.

What was the philosophy to take a step back in regards to adding additions such as fox spawns from gathering, unique food buffs like Bear Tartare and Fighter Chow, and furthering interesting systems with professions?

As a brief followup, why does it seem from expansion to expansion do systems take steps backwards instead of forwards?

Examples being MoP Rares and later Elites required tactics to kill. Most classes couldn't face tank Ordos Elite mobs and Rare abilities like Spinning Crane Kick. Warlord's Rares consistently did not require anything like that.

Without bloating the post, WoW's systems seem to make lateral or stagnant moves instead of progressively getting better and better. Why?
10/09/2018 11:00 AMPosted by Vukdits
10/08/2018 01:10 PMPosted by Viktor
An overwhelming majority of Frost Death Knights want to use their two-handed weapon again as Frost. Will you give us this option?

Source: The official WoW Death Knight forum.

The overwhelming majority of a dozen people spamming the DK forums maybe. Please don't speak for all of us. I'm quite happy dual wielding and have been for some time.

I'd rather have answers to questions regarding survivability and utility for frost DKs. Is there a worry that frost gets too powerful too quickly in pvp with a larger toolkit? Why do so many other specs now have more effective in combat healing with far less down sides?

It would still be nice to have the option since it's very easy to implement.
Why is there a sudden increase in difficulty in lfr this expansion compared to in the past? Zul and G’huun in particular usually isn’t beatable without multiple stacks of determination by 820 item level players.
addon and fly took out a lot of fun from WoW, could we disable them in Classic permanently?
The new Nelf customization options that you'll be able to get from a questline, will they be account wide or will you have to do the questline on every nelf you have?
How are you addressing healer raid balance in 8.1? Currently some healers, like holy paladins are one trick ponies and the only reason they have a raid spot is because of beacon healing, while some healers, like priests and to a lesser extent, monks, can do a considerable amount of both raid and tank healing, and there isn't much of a downside stacking those specs in raids.