Mythic G'Huun required for flying?

General Discussion
We all know that flying trivializes world content. GD likes to say "well, if I've done all the content, why shouldn't I be able to fly over it all?", but I think until you've beaten Mythic G'Huun you have content yet to do.

thoughts?
Raiding =/ World Content

/thread
Wouldnt be long before you get players spamming runs for RL money.
No, that is stupid. It should go back to the way it was. When you level cap, you buy it, done.
Raiding is one of those things that doesn't effect the world content. With the requirement for flying they put this achievement in place to know you've done the rep, explored, and have done the story, so nothing more for you to do, thus earning the right to fly in those zones. The raid has no need for you to fly and you could kill Mythic G'huun without doing any of the story content in theory. So Imo beating this raid boss shouldn't be considered at all as a requirement.
10/08/2018 06:28 PMPosted by Pict
We all know that flying trivializes world content. GD likes to say "well, if I've done all the content, why shouldn't I be able to fly over it all?", but I think until you've beaten Mythic G'Huun you have content yet to do.

thoughts?

You really dont want to hear my current thoughts because I'm fairly certain you'd be clicking to report the post if I did.
Yeah, right, because making casual-friendly content exclusive for those who complete serious content is such a wise idea...

No.

thoughts?

First, to echo what was said above, world content and raiding content are two completely different forms of content.

Second, Pathfinder Pt1 is enough proof that someone's done enough world content to justify having flight enabled for new zones. There's no reasonable excuse for delaying the actual flight unlock for literal months after the world content becomes irrelevent for any character besides alts and new players. As much as I actually like Pathfinder, I'd rather have the obnoxious gold-fee-per-character method if it's available from the start.
We all know that flying trivializes world content

No. This is only the case when game designers are lazy and don't want to actually take the time to design zones with flying in mind. For example, in WotLK (arguably the most fondly remembered xpac), you could unlock cold weather flying at level 77 for 1000ish gold (which wasn't cheap back then), and it was pretty much required to be able to navigate storm peaks and ice crown.... the designers took the time to actually create dynamic zones incorporating flying, vs the current devs who just flat out ignore flying while designing and then slap an annoying check list/ time gate you need to get done before you can fly... im sorry, but its lazy...

Also, I have to ask, are you telling me world content has become some epic endeavor this expansion? I haven't been playing much this xpac because my wife and I just had a kid.. so I've been busy getting puked on and wiping baby bottom, but last time I checked world content is still trivial without flying....
This would never work. I'm pretty sure that if it happened at least a fourth of the wow population would leave. A lot of players despise raiding, so unless you could find an equivalent in pvp or questing, this would be one of the worst directions the game could go.

thoughts?

Well, it's technically not the worst idea ever, but it's pretty clear what you're trying to do in the thread.
Psst, you are the wrong horde race.

thoughts?

That would then really kill wow for sure.why would that be required ?it's too high to reach.And i'm not going to pay gold to be carried for that achievement.
You missed Sunday by several hours.
10/08/2018 06:32 PMPosted by Nøz
No, that is stupid. It should go back to the way it was. When you level cap, you buy it, done.
Raiding is cool don't get me wrong, but I don't have intentions of raiding as of now. Uldir does not really peak my interest. Mythic + does :D
so tonight we've had a
"set everyone's gold to 0" post
a "ban players for deserting dungeons" post
and now a "mythic ghuun for flying" post

is this the Night of Asinine Ideas or something?
10/08/2018 06:32 PMPosted by Nøz

Flying really should just unlock with Pathfinder part 1. Think about it. Blizzard's reasoning is that they supposedly want us to experience the new world and content on the ground first before we fly. That way they don't feel like their effort is wasted or whatever.

Well, if you've already hit max level, already explored the zones (required for pathfinder pt 1), already done the zone quest lines (required for pathfinder pt 1) and already hit revered with all the reps (requires grinding world quests in the new zones and is required for pathfinder pt 1)...

then guess what? You've experienced the new content on the ground first! Hurray, enjoy flying!

(but no)
NO - just wrong on way too many levels

There are a LOT of people who will never see a Mythic like that...for whatever reason...
Looks like Pict is on a ****posting roll today. You do you, big guy.