Is it safe to say BFA is worst than WoD so far ?

General Discussion
Prev 1 17 18 19 20 Next
10/11/2018 10:04 AMPosted by Draetha
10/11/2018 07:38 AMPosted by Torne
BfA has the worst class design of any expansion by a sizable amount, so yes.

It's actually sickening.

That is debatable. Some specs are hurting that is true but others a really fun and feel good to play.

As a whole, class design in BfA is awful, especially when compared to previous iterations. Likely the worst its ever been. Nothing gets me angrier then seeing my old baseline abilities/traits being put into azerite gear.
WoD was bad because of Apexis crystal dailies and a lack of end game content.

BFA is bad because of the poor class design, an unprecedented amount of rng and a lack of character progression.

It comes down to this, would you rather play a game you enjoy but have nothing to do in, or a game that has wealth of content that's a chore.
WOD brought in garrisons and mission tables so it will always be the worst expansion.
10/08/2018 06:40 PMPosted by Magaloku
Curious as to what everyone thinks. My answer is yes

WoD had progression and gear vendors. BfA does not. People that complain about WoD are the ones that sat around in their garrisons all day or hated the patch drought. There's no reason to hate WoD more than BfA. It was MUCH better than this horse crap :) WoD made me do things. BfA has made me farm legacy content for content.
Yes. It is. BFA looks better, but I didn't get bored as fast in WoD. Maybe because I was doing the Garrison stuff. It at least gave me something worthwhile to do. BFA, not so much. Once I finished the war campaign and maxed all reps except tortollian, the game bored the hell out of me.
Yes, it's worse.

Why? Because even with content to play, the classes and the new systems are boring AF. What's the point of doing Legion 0.5 content? WQ are the same as Legion (minus the PvP ones), Raid is ok I guess, Dungeon are ok but will get old fast. How can yo go from a good expansion like Legion, cut all the fun things and then release BfA? What an idiot had this idea?

WoD lack content, but at least classes were fun to play and the Raids were really good.

The problem is that BfA released in a stale mode. At least WoD released with a lot of hype and the problems came along the road with so much cutted content. Now the community is quitting because the content is not enjoyable with the classes and the people left is raging asking to fix the broken things.

Two different problems, but the problem of BfA is the philosophy of the game. And that's much harder to change.
10/08/2018 06:55 PMPosted by Kenshimoo
Anyone who says yes clearly doesn't remember just how terrible WoD actually was.

Very true. We got a selfie camera as litteraly the only piece of content in an x.1 patch....let that sink in a bit folks.
10/22/2018 11:09 PMPosted by Revolutionx
10/08/2018 06:55 PMPosted by Kenshimoo
Anyone who says yes clearly doesn't remember just how terrible WoD actually was.

Very true. We got a selfie camera as litteraly the only piece of content in an x.1 patch....let that sink in a bit folks.

Think the conversation was about now. Not the 6.1 patch. Wod was good until they abandoned it. The expansion sucks but hopefully it gets better. So wod atm way better right now. I’m hopeful 8.1 will be better than 6.1
My opinion is this: Expansions are not good at their start. They become good after their final patch. WoD 6.2 was fun and I miss it dearly. I hated 6.0.

Legion at the start sucked for me too, but at the end, it was awesome.

Not really fancying BfA either right now. But I am sure it will improve when they are finally done making it.

Worse thing is, is that when I finally start to enjoy something, they take it away and replace it with the next expansion that basically brings you back to square one. Not exactly sure why they'd expect people to pay a monthly fee for something they do not want. I guess their metrics say that they can get away with fooling us once or twice, which I suspect to be true, because they certainly fooled me. Not anymore. Thus at this point, I will never buy an expansion again, and just play one expansion behind whenever I do decide to sub.
Problems with BFA:
- Scaling makes progression feel like there isnt any
- Azerite system is boring and adds nothing
- Island expeditions - boring and adds nothing
- Mechanics - the classes feel gutted, slow and boring
- Losing Legendaries and Artifacts
- Professions feel lackluster (except Alchemy)
- So sick of Jamacian troll accents

Problems with WOD
- Bad bad bad story
- Sitting in your garrison instead of interacting
- Lack of content later on
- Grind was too grindy

Things to like about BFA vs WOD
- Mythics+
- Very cool areas/zones
- Warfronts (at least for now)
- More interesting starting raid (imo)

Things to hate about BFA vs WOD
- Class design is horrible
- Professions
- Getting around in the world is painful

P.S. - I still thought Cata was the worst expac as it's the only time I unsubbed
definitely worse. the game is all about are you enjoying what you play and i have to say no. design made bfa by far the worse, definitely the most unfun any of my toons have ever been. wod may have lacked content but at least toons were way funner. people make fun of the selfie camera patch but azerite tops that by far, total junk system about as bad when people were getting lots of legendaries while everyone else got left out then blizz finally admitting it was messed up. hmmm that guaranteed legendary in wod was so much better to.
Curious as to what everyone thinks. My answer is yes

No.
Ultimately the problem with WoD wasn't the garrison, or questing, or command table - it was the lack of content.

BfA, for all its failings, have been delivering on the content cycle, more in tune with Legion in that design.
WoD only kept me playing till level 104. In BfA, I have 4 120's.

Edit; level 94. 94...
I've actually gotten bored of BFA much sooner than I did with WoD. Stopped playing for a few weeks while playing Horde side, and the only reason I came back to play is to play through the Alliance side to get rep for their races, too. lol
For me personally? yes.

For 3 reasons specifically;

1. pruning of abilities has gone too far.
2. class balance is the worst it's been in a long time.
3. leveling alts isn't an option because Blizzard has slowed it down to sell more boosts.
10/22/2018 10:03 PMPosted by Sinzy
WoD was bad because of Apexis crystal dailies and a lack of end game content.

BFA is bad because of the poor class design, an unprecedented amount of rng and a lack of character progression.

It comes down to this, would you rather play a game you enjoy but have nothing to do in, or a game that has wealth of content that's a chore.

^Almost all of this except I enjoyed WoD because I'm a pvper and don't need content like everyone else.
The classes played great in WoD. Smooth and fast combat.
That's my #1 priority, so WoD all day. I honestly want patches like the selfie ones again, anything that involves no touching of classes.
I would say it's worse in some but better in others WOD had allot of bad things going for it and also a sprinkle of good. not saying that Bfa is good but it's still a step above Wod but that really isn't saying much.

With Bfa though I'm hoping that people will speak there mind more look at what happened to /r/ wow they censored the site for a safespace and made up rules so they could delete any thread they wanted if they deemed it offensive or duplicate but that's and open ended statement.

More people need to speak now then ever I originally would stay quiet to these things but enough is enough The community as a whole deserves far better then this. No more sitting waiting for them to fix this we complain loud enough and blizzard will hear. and even if others complain that we're complaining that's even better it gets the conversation known So i have no problem with people that try to say it's bad to complain because they're actually bring more light to the problem.
Too early to make a comparison. We haven't seen all of BfA yet, so have to give it benefit of the doubt. Personally, I liked Draenor but that's just me. Especially when flying was available. The month long grind was worth it. It had interesting side quests also, like the Gara storyline. Kudos to the hunters who did the data mining for that quest.
10/08/2018 06:53 PMPosted by Jamalia
Curious as to what everyone thinks.

I'm curious why anyone thinks they can judge it until we've seen it all.

We already know it has M+, that puts it ahead of pretty much any other expansion except legion in terms of having something to do outside of raiding. Even if Nazjatar sucks and we never get to go to Nyalotha at all, BFA would still be no worse than middle of the pack.

10/08/2018 06:57 PMPosted by Xíang
I'm determined that one good expac means a bad will follow, and reverse.

Wrath, MoP, Legion... yeah, that kinda holds up. (Although all expacs have had some good and bad points.) But I think BFA has the potential to break the pattern. Or not, depending on what the devs do over the next year.