Is it safe to say BFA is worst than WoD so far ?

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 20 Next
I like bfas story way better than wod.
10/08/2018 06:50 PMPosted by Beraaht
WoD patch 6.0 end game :

- Do 1 daily apexis area.
- The raid.
- Grind mobs to trigger garrison invasion.
- That's it. No really, that was literally it.

You forgot Ashran.
Reminder that WoD actually had decent content, it's just that it didn't have -enough- of it. BfA has more content than Legion at the moment, and at least as much as WoD that we already know about including 8.1, almost assuredly more after that.
Nope. Not even close.
10/08/2018 10:39 PMPosted by Spellchaser
You forgot Ashran.

It was not worthy of being remembered.
Similar but in different ways. BFA had better end game content in terms of M+, and uldir is cool and a nice first raid. But oh boy is WoD's story atleast more interesting.
BFA is much better than Wod by a country mile.
Is it worse?
Not really for me.
Neither is very bad in my opinion.
However, In neither expansion did I rush like mad to reach end content.
I like the story so far in Zandalar and am interested in seeing the Alliance story in Kul tiras.
I do admit that the treasure hunter thing in WOD was new kind of fun to discover hidden treasures, but it got old fast when it became a requirement for pathfinding.
We haven't even reached patch 8.1 so I wouldn't compare it to the entire WOD expansion just yet.
My answer is no but then i’ve always hated time travel and alternate world BS in comics and stories, they always seem like cheap retcon opportunities when I would rather see the story grow and not be rebooted. Thus I hated WoD for the story more than the lack of content or design of garrisons that most complain about. I really dig the story of the Zandalari and Kul Tirans as it fleshes them out more.
I don't think so. WoD was remembered poorly because it alienated people from each other and there were a lot of months of no new content. BfA just started so content wise it's far too soon to say and I'm seeing a lot more people than I did in WoD so already it's off to a better start in my mind.
BfA has more content than Legion at the moment, and at least as much as WoD that we already know about including 8.1, almost assuredly more after that.

BFA is headed n the same direction as WOD if they dont lift their game.

Raid or die.

The emphasis has shifted back to "you want gear? Raid for it", which is an opposite to Legion's balance of both instanced and outer world content

Legion's world quest system and content far outstrips what i see so far in BFA..everything from Order Halls to world quest drops and quest rewards removed, nerfed or non existent.

Want gear? Do a mythic dungeon.

Want a profession rank? Do a dungeon.

Want to see the end of a story? Do a mythic dungeon.

Want crafting materials (hydrocore) Do a mythic dungeon.

Expulsom, the ONLY source for crafting mats cant be gained from any gathering profession, both sanguicell and hydrocore, are gated behind instanced content.

You didnt have to do a mythic to get Blood of Sargeras.

For whatever reason, Blizzard has decided that we have to be funnelled into indstances all the time.

The daily emissary chest is gone, replaced by minor rewards, the paragon chests, minus the mounts, are also removed. They may be back later, no one is sure.

The treasure chests are 6 war resources and grey gear, no weapon drops, no gear drops, no crafting materials, the rares are a splinter of azerite and thats it.

I have always been drawn and am happy with outer world content and Legion made that possible.

BFA is pushing instances all the time.
Ok let's do a comparison of WoD ,Legion and BfA

WoD : After reaching max what to do .
1: Do Garrison/Ship Missions
2: Grind to get Pathfinder for flying (only 1 part)
3: New Dailies (Apexis)
4: Run dungeons or raids.

Legion: After Max level
1: Do order hall missions
2: Grind to get Pathfinder (2 Parts this time)
3: Grind Ap to make Artifact weapon more powerful
4: Grind faction rep to get new playable races (Allied)
5: Grind World Quests
6: Run DUngeons and Raids

BfA : After max level
1: Pretty much same as legion just replace weapon with necklace and move mission table to a boat.

So yes Legion and BfA do have more to do but in all actuality it is the same stuff people complained about in WoD turned up to 11.

SO what makes BfA worse then WoD is the fact that they doubled down on everything that people disliked in WoD and yes somethings people did like (mythic dungeons)and those thing people disliked back then are now being called by them as more content.
The funny thing about WoW expansions is that they more or less follow the Star Trek formula. Behold:

Vanilla = TOS (Good)
Burning Crusade = TMP (Better, but boring)
Wrath = Wrath of Khan (Best)
Cata = Search for Spock (Bit Shaky)
Mists = Voyage Home (Fun)
WoD = The Final Frontier (Ugh)
Legion = Undiscovered Country (Awesome)
BFA = Star Trek Generations (Meh)

Now sure, someone's probably going to contradict me and tell me that's more or less the realm of opinions, but we can also use this to predict how future expansions might turn out:

Post BFA = First Contact (Good)
BFA+2 = Insurrection (Bad)
BFA+3 = Nemesis (Terrible)
BFA+4 = Star Trek 2009 (Okay)
BFA+5 = Into Darkness (Lich King rehash)
BFA+6 = Beyond (Meh)

Hopefully Blizzard can break that pattern by patching BFA into a decent expansion. A good start in my opinion would be to fire whoever they have writing the story line.
Half or more of the world quest rewards are azerite. Profession WQ are few and far between, I dont remember a single fishing wq so far either.

We are being pushed into instanced content repeatedly.

Ive seen Uldir. Its rotten.
The 'terrible' expansions (CATA, WOD) were hamstrung by cut content and the vision for those expansions were cut short and felt unfinished as a result.

BFA can still be salvaged by its patches, if they complete their original plans.
I don't think so. M+ alone gives me more to do than WoD mythics and/or challenge modes. We already have more dungeons. The first raid is solid. I expect the pace of patch release to be better too, based on how that went in Legion. The art/story/lore has been at least as good (Drustvar is better than any WoD zone imho), music is better, and cinematics team has outdone themselves.

I have some gripes with BfA to be sure: boring first tier of azerite traits, too many bugs making it to live (Sethraliss eye bug killed my best push last week)...

But overall I am enjoying it.
10/08/2018 11:24 PMPosted by Aehl
Half or more of the world quest rewards are azerite. Profession WQ are few and far between, I dont remember a single fishing wq so far either.

We are being pushed into instanced content repeatedly.

Ive seen Uldir. Its rotten.
I am enjoying Uldir. Mythrax is a fun fight.
Not even close.
only a few months in for WoD, i would say it was better. trying to upgrade your garrison and do the treasure hunting stuff and find new followeres and get them geared out... There was plenty to do outside of raids and dungeons.

BfA has M+ over WoD, but you can get burnt out pretty quick pushing keys, imo.

I'm fairly confident that at the end of BfA everyone will agree it was better than WoD (not that that's a great achievement or anything), but as of now, if you line it up week by week, i feel BfA falls behind.
10/08/2018 11:20 PMPosted by Waidmann
Ok let's do a comparison of WoD ,Legion and BfA

WoD : After reaching max what to do .
1: Do Garrison/Ship Missions
2: Grind to get Pathfinder for flying (only 1 part)
3: New Dailies (Apexis)
4: Run dungeons or raids.

Legion: After Max level
1: Do order hall missions
2: Grind to get Pathfinder (2 Parts this time)
3: Grind Ap to make Artifact weapon more powerful
4: Grind faction rep to get new playable races (Allied)
5: Grind World Quests
6: Run DUngeons and Raids

BfA : After max level
1: Pretty much same as legion just replace weapon with necklace and move mission table to a boat.

So yes Legion and BfA do have more to do but in all actuality it is the same stuff people complained about in WoD turned up to 11.

SO what makes BfA worse then WoD is the fact that they doubled down on everything that people disliked in WoD and yes somethings people did like (mythic dungeons)and those thing people disliked back then are now being called by them as more content.
WoW has always been mostly based on Questing -> Dungeons -> Raids.

What's changed since Legion is M+ to keep dungeons relevant longer. M+ is fast-paced, high teamwork, great social activity for those of us who play it that way. Those who insist on pugging may feel differently. :D