Is it safe to say BFA is worst than WoD so far ?

General Discussion
Prev 1 6 7 8 20 Next
Lets see here

Devs lying to players: CHECK
Huge disconnect between devs and the players: CHECK
Lack of compelling content: CHECK
Regressive game design: CHECK

the only checkbox that BFA hasnt marked yet is the 1 patch expansion.
Is BFA worse than WoD? Hard to say but so far it's pretty darn close. Both the new things that WoD tried to do and the things that BFA is trying to do have been/were a massive failure. THe developers clearly haven't learned their lesson from what happened in WoD, because here we are now, and they are doing the same things that got them into trouble in WoD now. Ignoring player dissatisfaction over a variety of different things (ranging from profession costs ie battle potions costing 90 times more to craft than they did in mop, to GCD changes, to class imbalances being improperly addressed and beyond), lying to players with lines like "the only metric we care about is if you are having fun or not". The disconnect is just as large as it was back then, if not even bigger.
No. I'm not sitting in my garrison waiting for raid days. 8.1 is shaping up to have some hefty stuff and azerite (and hopefully class) reworks are in the pipeline. Also there is no dev side projects passed off as content.
10/09/2018 02:10 AMPosted by Eret
No. I'm not sitting in my garrison waiting for raid days. 8.1 is shaping up to have some hefty stuff and azerite (and hopefully class) reworks are in the pipeline. Also there is no dev side projects passed off as content.

yea, instead of afking in my garrison, im afking in zuld or org. wooooo hooo, what a difference!
10/09/2018 02:13 AMPosted by Zoopain

yea, instead of afking in my garrison, im afking in zuld or org. wooooo hooo, what a difference!

Is your choice not to do Wq, mythic +, expedions, zone mount farming, raiding, or anything else... To even compare WoD to bfa is laughable
No, it is not safe to say.

It is incredibly trendy to say, though.
Blizzard gutted the fun out of wow and pretty much gave us all the stuff we didn’t want!

So I give this game a wod out of 10

I saw that rating in a previous wow thread.
Nah I wasn't interested in WoD at all. I think I had only one max level character and garrison. I also logged in very rarely throughout the entire 2 years and didn't care much about the story since it was an alternate timeline. Bfa's story though seems far more interesting to me and if anything that keeps me far more engaged.
I miss my WoD class design. It went all downhill from WoD forward. MOP class design (and all-around) was A+++++++.
10/08/2018 06:40 PMPosted by Magaloku
Curious as to what everyone thinks. My answer is yes

Worse?

More like the same.

The dungeon tuning is worse though, much to hard.
Yes BFA is much worse than WOD but for different reasons. Too many broken systems and classes, poor quality , bugs, etc eyc
you are naive if you think 8.1 is going to fix anything
10/09/2018 03:55 AMPosted by Cerraphiel
you are naive if you think 8.1 is going to fix anything

And you're literally doomsaying for the sake of it.

I've looked at the patch notes, there are quite a few welcome changes coming with 8.1 along with a ton of new content. You don't like it? Okay fine, but please try to avoid throwing those who do like it under a bus.
I would say it is even worse than Cata.
is to me, even if bfa doesnt have the camera patch its still god awful. need to bring back wotlk style of gameplay, with valor and rep
10/08/2018 06:40 PMPosted by Magaloku
Curious as to what everyone thinks. My answer is yes

There is still time to right the ship as it enters the storm of public opinion. This is the first 1.5 months after release. There are some glaring issues. Indeed. But I would not say "worst" at this point. I reserve that judgment until at least three months in. That said, we are nearing a point in time where the temporary sour taste of an expansion release where it begins to develop roots.
So far? Yes
I don't remember the stuff we got in WoD being that bad? I remember it running short but I thought garrisons, the new questing system, the raid/dungeons, and the new loot changes were well received.

There is basically nothing about BFA that I can find that anyone likes outside of the art and maybe, maybe the story.

The backlash for WoD happened at the end of it's life, BFA's backlash started less than a month in.
Not even close. I don’t think WoD was even playable for the first week.
God no, WoD was one of the few expansions I actually had zero interest in playing. BFA has it's issues but it's not on WoDs level just yet.
As soon as 8.1 drops BFA will have more content than the entirety of WoD. Whether that content is fun is a different story.