What about a flat decrease during stuns

Arenas
There kinda is an argument for changing how stuns work. Most other ccs have a downside, blind breaks on damage, poly breaks on damage and heals the target, fear breaks on damage, cyclone makes the target immune to damage as well as healing. Stuns dont have a downside its literally a free damage window. Its not like it hasnt been done before, if anyone remembers ele shams in wotlk getting 40% dr when stunned or dematerialize for mw monks in mop
stun does have a downside, it's shorter in duration than most other CC, tend to have CDs attached to them as opposed to being spamable (with sub dance cheap being one of the few exceptions) and in some cases dispellable.

It alsoo completely ruins many of the setups needed for comps to land kills because otherwise it's impossible to keep someone locked down long enough to land key damage in between trinkets, self peeling, and partner peeling.

Current form of stun I think is fine across the board.
10/09/2018 09:06 PMPosted by Surgingfist
There kinda is an argument for changing how stuns work. Most other ccs have a downside, blind breaks on damage, poly breaks on damage and heals the target, fear breaks on damage, cyclone makes the target immune to damage as well as healing. Stuns dont have a downside its literally a free damage window. Its not like it hasnt been done before, if anyone remembers ele shams in wotlk getting 40% dr when stunned or dematerialize for mw monks in mop

Poly is 8 seconds and can be spammed. Fear for Locks is 8 seconds and can be spammed. Cyclone is 6 seconds, cannot be dispelled by normal means, and can be spammed. Blind is just an additional cc tool added onto a class with already a good amount of cc. Stuns already have a shorter duration, cannot be spammed, and are for some classes their only real form of CC. If you nerf stuns, then Blizzard would have to look into giving all classes some form of spammable cc in return. Do you really want every class in the game having some sort of Poly, Fear, or Cyclone? I sure as hell don't.
10/10/2018 04:24 AMPosted by Yakz
10/09/2018 09:06 PMPosted by Surgingfist

Poly is 8 seconds and can be spammed. Fear for Locks is 8 seconds and can be spammed. Cyclone is 6 seconds, cannot be dispelled by normal means, and can be spammed. Blind is just an additional cc tool added onto a class with already a good amount of cc. Stuns already have a shorter duration, cannot be spammed, and are for some classes their only real form of CC. If you nerf stuns, then Blizzard would have to look into giving all classes some form of spammable cc in return. Do you really want every class in the game having some sort of Poly, Fear, or Cyclone? I sure as hell don't.

Lock fear is 6 seconds btw
A change like this would be really cool I think. I think that classes that revolve around their stuns should also get an immobilize instead. Being stuck in a stun, literally unable to do anything, is not fun gameplay.

The point of stuns right now is holding someone in place so that casters can get some damage in, or to make it so that a class can't get back to their healer. Have stuns be a type of CC with a drawback, like how polys/blinds/traps break with damage, stuns can have the drawback of giving damage mitigation. If rogues had a stun that they can use to peel with, but also had an immobilize move they would still be just as OP, but would change the way arena's are played in a way that allows more counter play. Obviously there would need to be a TON of tuning, and we know that blizzard can't be relied upon to do that fairly, but the underlying concept of, moving toward immobilizes to set up kills instead of stuns would be more fun in my opinion.

Edit - By immobilize I mean non breakable. Basically like a stun but that doesn't make it so the one stunned can still control their character, just without being able to move.
10/10/2018 05:18 AMPosted by Orphanchild

Sorry, my mistake. Point still remains though.
Would slow down the game dramatically and I don't really think it's needed anyways. Would also mean so many specs would just flat out lose the ability to kill as they actually rely on a target sitting still to get their kill set up.

Just don't think it's anywhere close to a healthy or right solution to actually fixing the issue you want to address.
10/10/2018 06:42 AMPosted by Yakz
10/10/2018 05:18 AMPosted by Orphanchild

Sorry, my mistake. Point still remains though.

Wasn't disagreeing just an fyi.

Game without stuns as powerful as they are would be terrible imo.
10/09/2018 08:52 PMPosted by Leadbelly
Isn't the point of a stun to open up a kill window? Maybe reduce the duration of stuns (of some classes) instead?

That shouldn't be the point of stun. It's makes every game play out the same.

WaiwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitSTUNBURSTwaitwaitwaitwait
10/10/2018 06:50 AMPosted by Shotchya
10/09/2018 08:52 PMPosted by Leadbelly
Isn't the point of a stun to open up a kill window? Maybe reduce the duration of stuns (of some classes) instead?

That shouldn't be the point of stun. It's makes every game play out the same.

WaiwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitSTUNBURSTwaitwaitwaitwait

Ok how about:

WaitwaitwaitwaitUSEDEFENSIVEwaitwaitwait all the way through 100% dampening?