The Dev Teams Current Attitude

General Discussion
Prev 1 11 12 13 23 Next
10/11/2018 11:22 PMPosted by Jagdtiger
The entire gaming industry has been moving into the "trash talk your customers" mindset in recent years.
No one is trash talking the customers, not sure where you're getting that from. Though I do see quite a few gamers viciously slinging mud and then complaining that their delicate sensibilities were offended when they receive back something less than 100% arss kissing.
10/11/2018 11:26 PMPosted by Cryptdust
The entire gaming industry has been moving into the "trash talk your customers" mindset in recent years.
No one is trash talking the customers, not sure where you're getting that from. Though I do see quite a few gamers viciously slinging mud and then complaining that their delicate sensibilities were offended when they receive back something less than 100% arss kissing.

"Trash talking" was the closest way to describe what they do without me getting banned.
Not surprising.

Battlefield response is still my favorite example of shooting themselves in the foot.
If you don't like it, don't buy it. okaaaaay that's not really a threat to the customer. But a hit for the company.

Personally I try to take a middle of the road approach. But blizzard recent moves leave me scratching my head. You got class teams outright saying they didn't have time to fix classes..... What? Is the class team showing up for work and actually working? Seriously what's going on there because I'd be fired if I ever gave that excuse.
The "We're the developers, and we'll do what we want," mindset has been a rampant issue amongst MMORPGs for a very long time. It used to fly solely because there were so few MMORPGs to choose from, so if you wanted to play one at all, you had to pick an orifice and smile.

Now, however, that's not the case. With MMORPGs and MMO-lites so heavily available, most companies have come to realize that you can't act that way anymore without severe repercussions -- and the ones that don't, well... Neverwinter's population sank like the Titanic when they continued to implement "features" that no one wanted. If you thought EverQuest 2 was a joke before, you'll bust a gut now. Destiny/Destiny 2's problems, Wildstar...

I genuinely don't think anyone enjoys feeling like they're in a standoff against the studios that develop their favorite games, but breakdowns in communication always lead to much larger problems, and generic answers/politican-speak never fixes the cracks.
They haven't gone full "The Isle" levels of disgusting god complex yet, but I expect that'll happen within the next few months and have prepared for such a fiery event with an entire crate of popcorn.
10/12/2018 12:07 AMPosted by Inoro
They haven't gone full "The Isle" levels of disgusting god complex yet, but I expect that'll happen within the next few months and have prepared for such a fiery event with an entire crate of popcorn.

I'll do you a deal on my supply of Soda to go with it!
10/12/2018 12:12 AMPosted by Conorn
I'll do you a deal on my supply of Soda to go with it!

If you got dr. pepper, ginger ale or root beer you got yourself a deal my dude.
10/11/2018 04:45 PMPosted by Cyouskin
10/11/2018 12:49 PMPosted by Mürdertrain
Does anyone else find Ion and Lore's attitude toward the community and ultimately their consumers disgusting?

No.

"The community" of the loud, vocal minority are trying to backseat-design WOW and get pissy when openly-elitist Ion "Scarab Lord" Hazzikostas says anything that isn't "We agree with you."

You're an MVP, and you just answered a question directed at the entire community as if you ARE the entire community. Then you insulted anyone who doesn't agree with you. Repeatedly.

Your response is the best example of how a lot of people feel they're being treated by Blizzard overall that I've seen in a long time. You've adopted the attitude Blizzard is being criticized for and amplified it, because your job does not depend on being polite to customers.

I'd like to thank Blizzard's current leadership for destroying my 14 year addiction to this game. My life has revolved around this game to such an extent that it's honestly really impressive what they've managed to do. They've made me not just feel that I need a break from the game, I should probably just delete all my characters and uninstall to save myself from getting nostalgic and reinstalling later.

Of course this matters to no one seeing as how this is the internet. But the numbers of people like me are snowballing, and as a whole we do matter enough that it is a huge mistake to go the "dismiss and insult" route.
10/11/2018 09:12 PMPosted by Woodspath
10/11/2018 09:08 PMPosted by Santaklause
Zero communication. These Q&A's are a joke. Do they let Lore and Watcher out of their cage once a month for these? Are they being held at gunpoint?

Whenever you inevitably leave, and we can only hope that you will, can I have your gold...? Assuming of course that whatever character you have outside of this level one alt you use to troll the forums with actually has some gold?

Assuming, of course, that your standard behavior pattern is to beg for gold in trade chat, on the street, and from your fellow guild members, because you're too lazy to earn your own.
Does anyone else find Ion and Lore's attitude toward the community and ultimately their consumers disgusting?

Personally I like Ion's attitude in the live Q&A sessions.

Your title is "The Dev Teams Current Attitude", but you mention 2 people.

The dev team is more than 200 people. Do you really imagine that all 200 of them have exactly the same attitude these 2 people have? I don't.
10/11/2018 08:08 PMPosted by Wanglang
<span class="truncated">...</span>
Boo-hoo. I have green text and it makes me special.

Argue my points. Provide something others won't see as a waste of time.

This is a yikes from me, boss.

Just ignore green text on sight. They are so embarrassing. I mean just read his replies. He is relentlessly stupid and no one should entertain his thoughts.
The attitude of the current dev team seems to be arrogance, closed-mindedness, a complete lack of originality or creativity, massive levels of tone-deafness, and a genuine contempt for people who aren't smart enough to properly enjoy the "content" they have been so gracious to bestow upon them.
They have always had this attitude, however it seems to be hitting harder than usual this round.

The being openly combative is new though and that's going to be costly.
They really should have 2 other people do the QnAs. One calls us dickweeds, the other seems to have a flexible definition of honesty. Neither is a sympathetic vehicle to dispense their corporate line.

This is a yikes from me, boss.

Just ignore green text on sight. They are so embarrassing. I mean just read his replies. He is relentlessly stupid and no one should entertain his thoughts.

I've only ever seen one MVP call blizz out for the trashfest this expansion is, the rest usually shill and make excuses. It is amusing to see them get upset when called out for it though, as if they are waiting for blizz to step in and defend them.
10/11/2018 12:58 PMPosted by Swiftraven
gawd Joyeuse you gotta bring high elves up in every thread don't you

Its a fair point to make.

Their attitudes towards high elves are the exact same that they apply to gameplay systems as well. The playerbase has told them very explicitly what they want and yet they insist on telling us that the players are in wrong for not enjoying their intended vision for the game instead. Whether its high elves or azerite armour, their response is the same; that they very plainly don't care what you want.

Its daft that they arrogantly dismiss their customers like this.
10/12/2018 01:46 AMPosted by Qri

Personally I like Ion's attitude in the live Q&A sessions.

Your title is "The Dev Teams Current Attitude", but you mention 2 people.

The dev team is more than 200 people. Do you really imagine that all 200 of them have exactly the same attitude these 2 people have? I don't.

Ion trying to convince viewers that Warfronts are great fun but wouldn't be if you grouped with people you knew because then the Warfronts would end too quickly was about as convincing as the days when he tried to convince us the shipyards were totally different than mission tables because oil was fun and exciting!
10/11/2018 12:56 PMPosted by Joyeuse
Don't forget that if you want to play an Alliance race, "the Horde is waiting for you™."

Your tears are delicious <3
10/11/2018 12:56 PMPosted by Hellasha

No, I don't

It feels appropriate. I do find the attitude some people on GD have towards the devs disgusting though.

You might but this is a sub based game, not a B2P or F2P, and in that manner, it becomes a continuous product/service. So people have every right to be pissed off when they feel they are not getting the product they are paying for. Just because it's pixelated doesn't mean that it in any way changes the fact you are still paying for something in exchange for an expected outcome.