Thank You Blizzard

General Discussion
I have seen the negativity that many World of Warcraft players have expressed in recent days, especially following the developer interviews. I want everyone to know I am not denying that there are issues in the current game; they are real, and I have experienced some of them myself. I also know that the development team is working on them, even if it is not at a level or speed some players desire. But all of this is irrelevant to what I want to say, something that I feel doesn't get said enough.

I appreciate you, employees of Blizzard Entertainment.

I have seen the beautiful landscape of Kul Tiras and Zandalar. I've marveled at the rolling hills of Stormsong Valley and the sun-scorched plains of Vol'dun. I've roamed the majestic city of Dazar'alor and experienced the unique atmosphere of Boralus Harbor. I see what the people at Blizzard have turned from a group of computer programs into scenery the likes of which we may not find in the real world.

I have experienced story I couldn't have imagined in my wildest dreams. I stood in shock as I witnessed Teldrassil burn, and questioned what it takes to win a war. I reunited a family divided by war and hatred, and helped them save their people from corruption and fear. I fought alongside loa as they defended a great kingdom from dark forces threatening to end an entire civilization. I see what the people of Blizzard have turned from ideas into a vast narrative that connects the entire universe of Warcraft.

I have worked together with people I have never met before to face challenges and overcome hardships. I've explored islands never before seen, fought war on a scale I never thought possible to experience, and triumphed over G'huun to save the planet. I see what the people of Blizzard have created to give an experience like no other.

All of this to say, thank you Blizzard. I appreciate the time and effort, the heart and soul all of you put into this game. It has issues and imbalances, true; no game is ever perfect. But when I log into World of Warcraft, I get to experience a whole new world, and it's only because of the hard work and dedication from the employees at Blizzard.
What a nice post. :)
Wow. This was remarkably well-written and heartfelt.

I hope somebody at Blizzard having a lousy day reads this and feels better.
I just don't get how a shaman could make this post but okay

Please don't include inappropriate language in your posts.
Because everyone that has appreciation for the WoW development at this point plays the game in a very casual manner. Casual meaning not taking part in the "end game grouped content."

With that being said, I'm absolutely thankful for Blizzard. As much as I might think the current development team is the worst thing that's ever happened to a Blizzard product outside of Jay Wilson and DIablo 3... They are hands down still one of if not the best and most consistent developer on the market.
Thanks OP. There truly is plenty in BfA to enjoy! I mean for me, best part? Brutosaurs!
What unholy optimistic ray of sunshine is this? The positivity...it burns us! Begone with you and your complimentary ways, this is not the place for your kind!

But really awesome post. =] It's always good to stay on the brighter side.
Like.. I want to believe there was more effort than before..

But a cloak and a flag over a mount/ murky knight pet for Blizzcon.. for the first time I get to go to blizzcon

The no murloc equivalent onesie for the blizzcon gear store.

A saurfang & greymane statue? rly :|

The jackets look second rate to overwatch. Also they get a legendary cosmetic for ticket holders.

Not to mention when I was power leveling Legion dungeons today, i got hit by a surge of how much fun that was.

Suramar's 'passages' music & even high mountain's snow drift peak.

Well.. you win some you lose some i guess.
This is exactly how I felt towards Blizzard Classic-WOTLK. I was just so grateful that they created this beautiful game. Now, it couldn't be further from the truth. Where is the imagination, the wonder, the mystery? The game is just so boring and streamlined now.
10/12/2018 10:24 PMPosted by Classicsoon
This is exactly how I felt towards Blizzard Classic-WOTLK. I was just so grateful that they created this beautiful game. Now, it couldn't be further from the truth. Where is the imagination, the wonder, the mystery? The game is just so boring and streamlined now.

exactly what i was thinking lol, i didnt have a bad thing to say, Classic-Wotlk

i just uninstalled a few days ago because i cant find fun in this game anymore
Careful you'll get accused of being a shill for the company who is being offered err.. a free virtual ticket.. or new wallpaper.. or.. I have no idea.. for writing any kind of non-negative statement about the game. I mean if you're not prefacing your posts with "Blizzard sucks and the devs need to be arrested for crimes against me!" then you're obviously a complete tool and plant.
10/12/2018 10:27 PMPosted by Actasanc
Careful you'll get accused of being a shill for the company who is being offered err.. a free virtual ticket.. or new wallpaper.. or.. I have no idea.. for writing any kind of non-negative statement about the game. I mean if you're not prefacing your posts with "Blizzard sucks and the devs need to be arrested for crimes against me!" then you're obviously a complete tool and plant.

There's nothing I could really say that would convince everyone that I'm not, but to be honest, it doesn't matter that much. This is my opinion, and you can freely agree or disagree. Like I said, there are problems in the current game. Take my class for example. Shamans are in a bad place right now, and they have every right to complain. Sometimes, being loud and saying, "This isn't right. This isn't how it should be," is the only way to get something changed for the better. But for me, I just wanted to thank Blizzard for what they have done. For what I see as a collaborative work made from the daily support of thousands of people. Some people love Battle for Azeroth, some people hate it. There's nothing wrong with either point of view. I just want Blizzard to know that I, for one, appreciate their hard work.
10/12/2018 10:11 PMPosted by Murlocholmez
Because everyone that has appreciation for the WoW development at this point plays the game in a very casual manner.
Heroic raider and M+ veteran here to disagree with your claim.