Resetting bosses on ISLE/AV: Time for change?

Battlegrounds
Seeming like this is happening more often than usual for either someone wimping out, or just for the giggles, you know how it goes, you're 10% away from killing a boss, and then, out of nowhere, the boss begins to run downstairs/Outside, and suddenly. The boss shoots back to 100%, not only was it your only chance, but that 1 player out of 40, had cost the game for you.

So, as I would ask, #1, why is this still a thing? Not the reset part, but shooting back to 100%, why must a boss shoot back up because of one individual either...

A: Being afraid that they'll die and runs out.

B: Someone who trolls for the hell of it.

Personally, I think the format should change to that they regain 10% of their HP every second that they are not engaged with a player, that way, he can both Evade back to his spot, and not be a burden on the group that were close to winning.
This happened to me once. Was in doorway pew pewing from range and somehow I got aggro so boss went on me and reset :( Tbf, I just got there too. We still won though because Blizz favors Horde, right?
If 1 player out of 40 taunted them out, why did 1 player out of the remaining 39 not taunt them back in?

The reset mechanic is there to prevent weak teams who wipe from just graveyard rezzing and eventually whittling the bosses down.

The only place I feel the leash is too restrictive is in Isle, but I always preferred the enrage mechanic to the hard leash. I liked the ability to get them to aggro the boss and then he would wipe them with an enrage buff.

Still, the games where a reset has happened are so far and few in between that it's the least those maps have to worry about.
10/13/2018 07:11 AMPosted by Bynir
If 1 player out of 40 taunted them out, why did 1 player out of the remaining 39 not taunt them back in?

The reset mechanic is there to prevent weak teams who wipe from just graveyard rezzing and eventually whittling the bosses down.

The only place I feel the leash is too restrictive is in Isle, but I always preferred the enrage mechanic to the hard leash. I liked the ability to get them to aggro the boss and then he would wipe them with an enrage buff.

Still, the games where a reset has happened are so far and few in between that it's the least those maps have to worry about.

See, I to would rather have an enrage buff rather than the hard leash, at least if the boss is about to die, it gives players a chance.
I say make them fully kite.

Who wouldn’t want to see Van and Drek going toe to toe in the field of strife?

for the record, while I think it would be entertaining to see once, it would be a terrible idea.
I wish they would unleash him and add enrage buff, those were fun times, kiting him out before your team made it in, only to watch them engage him while he ran around 1 shotting every single one of them. Even better if you had GY in their base, as he had endless supply of people to kill.
O

This ^ . If your team is not intelligent enough to do something as simple as boss control, you don’t deserve to win. Almost every class that has the ability to tank, has a taunt, whether they are in tank spec or not. If the player continues to abuse this, report them and hope that blizz see’s it your way, and does the right thing by banning disruptive players, that continuously get reported, but sadly, they do not. So you’ll just have to live with that 12 year old who thinks it’s funny to do this.
10/13/2018 10:47 AMPosted by Ellisanna
O

This ^ . If your team is not intelligent enough to do something as simple as boss control, you don’t deserve to win. Almost every class that has the ability to tank, has a taunt, whether they are in tank spec or not. If the player continues to abuse this, report them and hope that blizz see’s it your way, and does the right thing by banning disruptive players, that continuously get reported, but sadly, they do not. So you’ll just have to live with that 12 year old who thinks it’s funny to do this.

In terms of let's say AV, it's not that difficult to taunt back, but let's say on Isle of conquest, you'd have to be on your game to taunt back, remember that the boss has an increase speed and the "Leash" Is quite literally next to them. So while I say that it makes sense to taunt back, for Isle, it's very difficult to do so.
I'd say they could fix this with a bit more leniency on the leash. They seem to reset IMMEDIATELY when being pulled out of the room for a fraction of a second. Giving players a few more seconds to get the boss back in the room would suffice.
10/13/2018 11:59 AMPosted by Baldrox
10/13/2018 10:47 AMPosted by Ellisanna
O

In terms of let's say AV, it's not that difficult to taunt back, but let's say on Isle of conquest, you'd have to be on your game to taunt back, remember that the boss has an increase speed and the "Leash" Is quite literally next to them. So while I say that it makes sense to taunt back, for Isle, it's very difficult to do so.

I absolutely agree that the leash on IOC is a little hinky, but the answer is definitely not to make the boss more easily kited and bugged. That part may require a tiny fix I regards to leash length and reset time, but AV, no excuse. I mean, tbh, at least the boss just returns to place instead of despawning as PVE bosses do lol. And yes, I know, this is PVP, but it’s not, it’s a hybrid, no part of that boss is a player.
This happens fairly frequently on Alliance, but usually because a mercenary taunts the boss out. The solution isn't to change the boss, it's to get rid of mercenary mode.
10/13/2018 12:35 PMPosted by Yarrow
This happens fairly frequently on Alliance, but usually because a mercenary taunts the boss out. The solution isn't to change the boss, it's to get rid of mercenary mode.

Mercenary, regular players, it's really the same deal.
The boss should just hit the next person on the aggro table that's in the room rather than resetting. If nobody is left to attack in the room, then reset.
10/13/2018 12:43 PMPosted by Baldrox
10/13/2018 12:35 PMPosted by Yarrow

Mercenary, regular players, it's really the same deal.

Regular players when they do this are usually just clueless and they tend not to repeat their error when the entire raid comes down on them in chat. I don't have a big problem with accidental resets by clueless players because that's a playing skill problem. It's when people do it on purpose that it's a problem.
10/13/2018 06:29 AMPosted by Baldrox
Yes, Idiocy should be punished, but not in a way that effects the whole group, why punish 39 people for the actions of one?

That's what happens in every team game in the world.
I've only seen this happen when someone jumps the gun and pulls before there's a tank ready with adequate healing. The boss starts clowning the group and everyone scatters.

Focus on getting the base graveyard so that dying isn't such an obstacle. It can be just as important as the towers.
10/13/2018 01:02 PMPosted by Townie
The boss should just hit the next person on the aggro table that's in the room rather than resetting. If nobody is left to attack in the room, then reset.

^
The alliance can actually hit the horde boss with vehicles while the alliance boss can't, just by the way the keeps are structured. I really hope they fix that eventually.