Gladiator x2 with BM

Hunter
BM is still glad viable. Got glad on my alt hunter with it today.

Running beastcleave, cupid, KFC, and boomy / bm.

SURV def has the better toolkit, but for those who don't want to melee, you can still get glad with BM.

Cheers.
I enjoy it. I can agree SV is superior in most ways but BM is absolutely viable. I hope blizzard considers adding utility to the sec in 8.1. MM is looking to contend and that would be nice too.
10/18/2018 01:54 PMPosted by Dhog

SURV def has the better toolkit, but for those who don't want to melee, you can still get glad with BM.

Cheers.

Got a quick rundown on talents, pet to use and general gameplay (play to disrupt or do damage or both)? I’m a hunter nub just looking for some pointers if you don’t mind.
10/18/2018 03:43 PMPosted by Malus
10/18/2018 01:54 PMPosted by Dhog

Cheers.

Got a quick rundown on talents, pet to use and general gameplay (play to disrupt or do damage or both)? I’m a hunter nub just looking for some pointers if you don’t mind.

In general - https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/beast-mastery-hunter-pve-dps-guide

As for what the OP used, you can check his profile by clicking on his name. His traits are typical for BM PvP, and he used a spirit beast (marked with a star) which is preferred in PvP and raids.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/darkspear/Dhog
10/18/2018 04:32 PMPosted by Gibbseye
10/18/2018 03:43 PMPosted by Malus

As for what the OP used, you can check his profile by clicking on his name. His traits are typical for BM PvP, and he used a spirit beast (marked with a star) which is preferred in PvP and raids.

That's good basic advice. You can check out my talents and the general advice from wowhead and icy-veins. I prefer to stack vers and haste for smoother play and they are also good stats for survival in case you want to give it a try.

I prefer barrage over stomp b/c it does way more damage (stomp and all other pet damage was nerfed several times), and also I can control my AOE better.

I find that I break my own traps way less with barrage vs stomp (the enemy team often stacks on a stunned or trapped healer and makes it difficulty to keep up barbed stacks without breaking your own cc).

For comps like KFC where the warrior brings a mortal strike, I run spirit beast. For most other comps I run hyena for MS and master's call.

I sometimes run spirit beast vs RMP or other rogue / mage comps for the extra purges on the mage as well as an extra heal on their kill target during their cc chains.

If you have any specific questions, let me know. I've played BM for nearly 14 years, but I've also been glad with marks and 2500+ with survival.

If you have time, try to check out Dillon's posts and videos. He's half my age and about 10 times the hunter I'll ever be. I highly recommend the guides and information he puts out, but he mostly plays survival at the moment.
and he used a spirit beast (marked with a star) which is preferred in PvP and raids.

preferable at all times unless your mythic+ doesn't have lust and even then i'd argue that drums could be a better choice just to keep SotF and Spirit mend.

those become boring dead buttons with any non-spiritbeast.

(also drums have 6 min exhaustion as opposed to 10, can be beneficial depending on the run/timer.)
10/18/2018 06:00 PMPosted by Dhog

That's good basic advice. You can check out my talents and the general advice from wowhead and icy-veins. I prefer to stack vers and haste for smoother play and they are also good stats for survival in case you want to give it a try.

I prefer barrage over stomp b/c it does way more damage (stomp and all other pet damage was nerfed several times), and also I can control my AOE better.

I find that I break my own traps way less with barrage vs stomp (the enemy team often stacks on a stunned or trapped healer and makes it difficulty to keep up barbed stacks without breaking your own cc).

For comps like KFC where the warrior brings a mortal strike, I run spirit beast. For most other comps I run hyena for MS and master's call.

I sometimes run spirit beast vs RMP or other rogue / mage comps for the extra purges on the mage as well as an extra heal on their kill target during their cc chains.

If you have any specific questions, let me know. I've played BM for nearly 14 years, but I've also been glad with marks and 2500+ with survival.

If you have time, try to check out Dillon's posts and videos. He's half my age and about 10 times the hunter I'll ever be. I highly recommend the guides and information he puts out, but he mostly plays survival at the moment.

Noticing the azerite traits you are using, if you could would you double or triple stack any of the ones you are using? I can triple stack serrated jaws and lose no ilvl, can triple stack feeding frenzy with a loss of ilvl in one piece of only 15 I think, or I could double and maybe triple stack primal instincts at the cost of ilvl in 1 or 2 pieces.
Is vers better then mastery for bm pvp?
I stack vers and haste as much as possible and dump mastery.

I run a variety of traits, but battlefield precision, primal instincts, and feeding frenzy are my favorites, in that order.