Classic WoW: Demo

Classic Discussion
Will any progress be saved while playing the demo? If I got to level 10 and logged in again when the classic servers are up permanently will my progress be saved or am I starting over again?
Demo: Yes, but your level range is 15 - 19.

Servers up: Start over, from level 1.

EDIT: Clarification.
Dev watercooler. There lie the answers you seek.
You'll start from level 1 at the real Launch.
Really take a minute to think about what you just said and ask yourself again.
Not sure if I understand your question fully but the demo will maintain your progress. Keep in mind that it's highly likely that your demo characters will not exist when the game is fully released.
10/23/2018 03:35 PMPosted by Mellga
Yes, but your level range is 15 - 19.

You may want to reread his question.

OP, none of the demo stuff caries over to live classic.
10/23/2018 03:39 PMPosted by Thermiss
10/23/2018 03:35 PMPosted by Mellga
Yes, but your level range is 15 - 19.

You may want to reread his question.

OP, none of the demo stuff caries over to live classic.
Clarified.
It's funny... used to get a lot of questions about this in beta. Will all my progress and gold transfer to live when it launches? :)

Sure bud... sure.
10/23/2018 03:46 PMPosted by Tristany
It's funny... used to get a lot of questions about this in beta. Will all my progress and gold transfer to live when it launches? :)

Sure bud... sure.

This isn't beta though. The game is already complete. They could give the people who are playing it a little head start. Cap the leveling at 19 and play time sure.. Blizz has a lot of options they can do.
Why wold a demo carry anything over to the actual launch? You start at level 15 in the demo as well.
Has anyone been able to get a download of the demo that doesn't have an active subscription?
10/23/2018 04:45 PMPosted by Broskiê
Has anyone been able to get a download of the demo that doesn't have an active subscription?

Other than mmo-champion datamining patch stuff that is coming through, it is not intended to be available for download yet.

You do not need an active subscription to get the download when it becomes available. All you need is a Battle.Net account and to pay for the BlizzCon Virtual Ticket. That Battle.Net account is what you'll log in with to get access to the demo. In fact, one of the errors datamined so far was "You must purchase a Blizzcon Virtual Ticket in order to access World of Warcraft: Classic."
10/23/2018 04:49 PMPosted by Eilethalua
10/23/2018 04:45 PMPosted by Broskiê

Other than mmo-champion datamining patch stuff that is coming through, it is not intended to be available for download yet.

You do not need an active subscription to get the download when it becomes available. All you need is a Battle.Net account and to pay for the BlizzCon Virtual Ticket. That Battle.Net account is what you'll log in with to get access to the demo. In fact, one of the errors datamined so far was "You must purchase a Blizzcon Virtual Ticket in order to access World of Warcraft: Classic."

Yea, according to MMO Champion, the download is available already.