You want some real feedback?

General Discussion
It's not so much about not being able to fly.
Nor is it about the same old WQ's.
It is not so much about the terible RNG.
Or the bad map design.
There is the class balances.
There is the lack of character depth in spells.
Do we have limited stuff to do?
Maybe it's because the mission tables offer nothing more than what we can get from WQ's, and offer less rewards.

It's none of this.

We players get it, we understand why there is no flying, no need to preach to us.
We know why everything is the way it is, we understand, we really do.

No one here I have seen so far have stated "I don't know why we cannot fly" or "Why are the WQ's the same each week?", WE GET IT, no need to preach to us to tell us "The game was designed with this and that in mind, we cannot change it just to satisfy the players". WE. GET IT.

We don't like it.

We don't want it for every expac, especially when it is the same exact stuff, but worse, and less of it.

Bare minimum to save this expac is to give us MoP class design back, We have for 5-6 years now had the feeling our characters have regressed, not progressed, it feels like we are getting weaker with each 'upgrade' when we should feel like we are getting smarter, stronger, more capable.

You have dumbed down the game so much I can run a 4 spell rotation and when I need to use more? It is the same every single time, there is no need to pick and choose based on the scenario, I hit Radiance, spam Smite and use Penance when it is off CD while keeping my DoT up.

A big hit is coming? Use Barrier, after we get hit, use Halo, go back to Radiance/Smite spamming and use Shadow word to fill the healing gaps, than Mindbender once a minute to help keep mana up.

That's my day in healing, every day, every week, every run.

Since Vanilla when we had the most choice we basically chose the same way, mainly because we did not know better, but instead of limiting our choices for us, let us make our own mistakes, let us customise our own character, not all have the exact same minimum build.

Than, you can start to plan to make the game more open and accessible on every account, more choice, more options, more ways of progressing, more content.

Solo progression, 3 man dungeons, 5 man BG's, dungeons that felt epic, almost like a 5 man raid.

It's too, linear. The dungeons, the progression, the amount of same M+ and raids, the gear, the characters, everything.

I miss the old BRD when we had to find a dungeon in a dungeon and have some real epic content. Now we just burst through the front door like the swat team and flatten the places as fast as we can.

I actually did enjoy planning and spending an hour in a dungeon rather than click a button and win.

We, the players, understand your reasoning for doing what you are doing, we just don't like it.
Do you want feedback?

Stop posting, you are bandwagoning on a hate train and letting the internet shape your mind and taste
10/26/2018 06:04 AMPosted by Chowjo
Do you want feedback?

Stop posting, you are bandwagoning on a hate train and letting the internet shape your mind and taste

What are you rambling about? He is 100% right. You're a part of the problem. People have legitimate criticism about this expansion and have had for a few expansions now with the general direction the game has taken and you dismiss it just like the devs have.
Do you want feedback?

So it's either bandwagoning, or white knighting, and you think the internet is shaping OTHER'S minds???

OP got it right.
Feels like they're micromanaging the PCs a bit.
Let’s not forget ilvl scaling. Checked a mob on this toon the other day and the exact same mob on my DK with about 40+ more ilvls had about 9K more health.

Lvl scaling I have no issue with, but when you get better gear, mobs shouldn’t automatically get tougher as well. What’s the point of getting gear? My DK doesn’t really feel like he’s much better than 50ilvls ago when he first dinged 120.
I think corporations like activision and EA are just plagues on society. They have tunnel vision that’s solely focused on deadlines and revenue. Corporate stooges need a lesson that a fun game keeps people playing and thus makes more money.
I like some things, I don't like others. I think OP is right except when she says:
10/26/2018 06:00 AMPosted by Akaraven
It's none of this.

It's actually ALL of the things mentioned. Some like parts of it, some don't. But added together, many players see more that frustrates them than not.

The "hate train" is people just saying everything sucks without being specific. OP isn't doing that at all. OP is being very specific, both with what's wrong and with ways to improve.

That's definitely proper feedback. I wish everyone would make their posts similarly informative.
Do you want feedback?

I have been here for longer than some of the players have been alive.

I think I am entitled to this opinion based on what own personal playing experience, something I have personally gone through, experienced and seen with my own eyes.
10/26/2018 08:17 AMPosted by Brahmina
I like some things, I don't like others. I think OP is right except when she says:
10/26/2018 06:00 AMPosted by Akaraven
It's none of this.

It's actually ALL of the things mentioned. Some like parts of it, some don't. But added together, many players see more that frustrates them than not.

The "hate train" is people just saying everything sucks without being specific. OP isn't doing that at all. OP is being very specific, both with what's wrong and with ways to improve.

That's definitely proper feedback. I wish everyone would make their posts similarly informative.

Whilst yes the things I listed are bad and we don't like it, what I mean is that there are players who yell "uNsUb FlYiNg!" and another yells "ThE gAmE wAs DeSiGnEd ThAt WaY1".

We get it, the game has been designed how it has been designed for obvious reasons.

But we f***ing hate it. The game design has gone down the toilet, the things they offer are too straight forward.

Complete X WQ's and next thing you know you are exalted with all the new factions. What is that? There is no farming like it used to be in the day, you wanted Brood of Nozdormu rep? Go farm AQ, get some items, hand them in DURING your AQ run and get your rep with the dragons.

It's essentially the exact same thing, you do content and get rep and be rewarded. But the HOW we do it was so much better, so much more entertaining, there was so much more value in getting that rep and the items that were associated with it.

I couldn't care less if they kept WQ's in there, but for what they are worth they are pointless. We need progression, real progression. Some rep rewards that are very specific like the AQ one, I cannot recall but I think it was solely gained from AQ and nowhere else, you had to go there, not just pop in, do 4 WQ's that took 10 minutes total including travel time and than you get 2000 bonus rep.
Do you want feedback?

You're dismissing this massive backlash against the game as mere hate bandwagoning? How delusional does one have to be to actually believe that?

Do you actually think that a lot of these players enjoyed the game, but after reading negative posts and watching negative videos about the game suddenly changed their minds into thinking the game is bad?

Please, just stop. You are embarrassing yourself. You are part of the problem.