What makes me log in?

General Discussion
A little bit about me: Vanilla player (logged in since vanilla on Nov 2004 to today Oct 2018), I have never stopped playing since then. So it has become a part of my daily habits to log in at least 3 hours a day since then., including weekends.

I have to say.. even though I'm older this fact doesn't handicap my ability to enjoy a great game, because game have been part of my life since atari, nintendo, genesis, etc... etc... all the platforms. My console gaming came to an end as soon after I purchased my PC with DOS/windows 3.1 , intel processor back in late 90's and I installed these games called Doom, startcraft, and warcraft. I started playing, and I never looked back since then.. For me it was a glorious adventure that kept me immersed and totally taken by the action, story, and rpg aspects of these games.. I obviously quickly left doom, to focus purely on Blizzard games. The mere fact of Seeing the logo Blizzard on the box while shopping for games back then, it meant quality guarantee and spent all my hard earned money in Blizzard products.

Blizzard was synonymous with: "game developers that understood and love gaming to the bone"., hence producing immersive, amazing, and all the great adjectives I cannot think of at the moment to fill in the gap to explain how amazing these games were. Why was this? Well it was simple really; it was because the game developers were GAMERS before developers. This does not exist currently in blizzard. It is a very sad fact, and it is today without a doubt the end of WOW.

Today more than ever I reflect, and know that WOW's end is very near. And I wonder: how we got here? the people that killed WOW are the new developers who have a master's degree, are very clean cut and production driven with their mind on metrics down the millisecond. This might be profitable way of thinking temporarily, but this doesn't create amazing Blizzard experience that keeps loyal players for years to come.

So what keeps me logging in?.... I honestly believe is just nostalgia combined with my habit of doing it. The difference is that today feel so empty playing BFA, it is by far the least exciting expansion and biggest failure of WOW's history of expansions ten- fold!. I will not elaborate on what is wrong with BFA; since this would take a book and not a post. I do have ideas, like many others to improve the game; which I have submitted in the suggestion in game ticket, and if you check your current subs you know it is a really bad expansion without a doubt. numbers don't lie.

So in conclusion: the reason I log in is to see if WOW can be saved by my participation, add a little +1 to the falling subscriber masses leaving the game, and hope to give it a virtual CPR., and find out if it is true that 1 can make a difference. But I won't hold my breath.. I am doing my part, now is time for Blizzard CORP. to do theirs. Bring back developers that love the game, and send these clean cut new devs on a new journey where they can start a new game for casual audience that need instant gratification and hyper excitement with amazing titan forge rewards for going AFK with a 20 men group, while grooming their ridiculous pets, but never again let them touch WOW, because the are killing WOW.
go do some high end mythic key and mythic raiding and ul have that challenge u seem to want so bad.
ive been around a long time as well. I use WoW as a glorfied chat room at this point. the social aspect of it, while at the same time having a game to play to keep my A.D.D. addled mind busy is why I enjoy the game.
The less of my guild that logs in every day, the more likely I am to unsub and move along.
10/27/2018 02:13 AMPosted by Fuze
ive been around a long time as well. I use WoW as a glorfied chat room at this point. the social aspect of it, while at the same time having a game to play to keep my A.D.D. addled mind busy is why I enjoy the game.
The less of my guild that logs in every day, the more likely I am to unsub and move along.

or find a better and more active guild ??
10/27/2018 02:14 AMPosted by Pepetux
10/27/2018 02:13 AMPosted by Fuze

or find a better and more active guild ??

If bliz would allow me to join more than one, I suppose I would.
Some people might not comprehend it, but friends are made in guild and hopping around to find one that suits my wants at the current moment isnt something I want to do.
10/27/2018 02:09 AMPosted by Kruelia
Today more than ever I reflect, and know that WOW's end is very near.
People consider non-mainstream MMOs that have like 30-40k active players to be large and successful, and then people say wow is dying because it supposedly "only" has like 1.4 million.

There are plenty of people that will stick around for the endgame PvE content regardless of what Blizzard does to the game because they have yet to !@#$ that up in all the years WoW has been out. And plenty more who will be around even if the rest of the content isn't that solid.
Makes you log in? Don't you want to log in?

Look up ellipsis... you're using it wrong.