Weakened Soul On PTR Feels Awkward

Priest
I realized that blizzard actually made a very odd change to prevent the same target from getting power word: shield a second time for 6 seconds?

Honestly, this is an extreme change and I do not understand it. It could remove disc from being viable in PVP or m+. We should be able to keep applying power word: shield. This is important in m+ and other situations.
I'll take what is weakened soul for 200.
The only time weakened sould would truly affect you in pvp would be during rapture, but I thought it won't be applying during rapture.

The focused will nerf is what is going to hurt the most.
Isn't that originally how it was? I never understood why they allowed spam shields in the first place.
How will that make Disc not viable in mythic+? You shouldn't be spamming shields on the same target anyway, other than during Rapture, where it will still work.
10/27/2018 08:41 PMPosted by Aeterna
How will that make Disc not viable in mythic+? You shouldn't be spamming shields on the same target anyway, other than during Rapture, where it will still work.

Flash Heal heals for 13,300 (plus mastery) for me.
Power Word: Shield absorbs for 13,275 for me.

Think about it that way.
10/28/2018 12:32 AMPosted by Moringa

Think about it that way.

Why compare them when shield is disc and flash heal is holy?

Oh wait does shadow get both? I haven't played shadow at all. I thought they got shadow mend.
powerword shield also allows you to heal targets through dps, so flash heal and shield isn't a very good comparison.
10/27/2018 12:33 PMPosted by Vizixs
I realized that blizzard actually made a very odd change to prevent the same target from getting power word: shield a second time for 6 seconds?

Honestly, this is an extreme change and I do not understand it. It could remove disc from being viable in PVP or m+. We should be able to keep applying power word: shield. This is important in m+ and other situations.

This is how it used to be. Really you are just comparing the wrong things, Sheild is instant cast. You should be looking more at shadow mend vs flash heal. Honestly renewal is closer to shield than flash heal.
10/28/2018 12:32 AMPosted by Moringa

Think about it that way.

... and shadow mend heals for more.
10/28/2018 06:22 AMPosted by Brighter

PW:S spam is situationally useful particularly when you have to be on the move.

It's not always the answer just like Shadow Mend isn't always the answer or relying on Atonement healing isn't always an answer.
The only thing that really feels awkward about it to me is that power word: shield still absorbs next to nothing.
10/28/2018 06:31 AMPosted by Moringa

We can still cast tons on the move. SW:Pain, Penance, Solace, Holy Nova, rotate shield between other players, or if things are dire, Pain Suppression, Barrier, or Rapture and shield spam. That pretty much covers all eventualities when you have to move.
10/27/2018 12:33 PMPosted by Vizixs

That's how it used to be, and how it should be.
10/28/2018 07:37 AMPosted by Aeterna
We can still cast tons on the move. SW:Pain, Penance, Solace, Holy Nova, rotate shield between other players, or if things are dire, Pain Suppression, Barrier, or Rapture and shield spam. That pretty much covers all eventualities when you have to move.

Have you tried something like Heartsbane Triad on Tyranical 14 and you have the debuff where you have to keep moving? SW:P and Holy Nova won't do !@#$. You have to save Barrier for Dire Ritual because the boss will very likely hit 100 energy (and yes it one shots all the dps at that level unless you have cheese classes I guess). You need Pain Suppression for Jagged Nettles. You can use Penance and Solace sure but those aren't spammable.

When you're at the point where you have to squeeze out every little heal you can, you'll realize being able to re-cast PW:S endlessly on the same target can be quite valuable. If you are doing low keys then any nerf doesn't matter. You can do low keys with no healers present anyway.

This is why I see something like this as an annoying nerf especially since I feel it is directed towards PvP (and yet it's affecting PvE even if it's just niche situations).
I was responding to the initial OP who said this change would make Disc not viable for mythic+, which is a far cry from this will make it harder for specific situations in specific keys. Specific, detailed feedback like that situation are exactly what Blizz asks for in feedback, not blanket "this makes us completely unviable for mythic+." I can see this situation frustrates you, but I'd appreciate if you didn't sneer down your nose at me.
I mean at that point you'd be saving rapture and shadowfiend for that.
10/28/2018 06:31 AMPosted by Moringa
10/28/2018 06:22 AMPosted by Brighter

It's not always the answer just like Shadow Mend isn't always the answer or relying on Atonement healing isn't always an answer.

no it doesnt

u penance solace or dot on the move

pw:s is not raw spammable unless rapture. if you do, then you are doing it wrong and should try to improve. weakened soul doesnt change anything

10/28/2018 09:20 AMPosted by Moringa
If you are doing low keys then any nerf doesn't matter. You can do low keys with no healers present anyway.

This is why I see something like this as an annoying nerf especially since I feel it is directed towards PvP (and yet it's affecting PvE even if it's just niche situations).

you dont spam raw pw:s on the same target in any m+ difficulty

you dont spam shield in pvp, even with SoS.

i dont think you are playing the same game
10/27/2018 06:24 PMPosted by Valarien
Isn't that originally how it was? I never understood why they allowed spam shields in the first place.

Yup. Back when I played it, Weakened Soul was way worse. People just got used to shield spamming, and can't imagine not being able to do it.
10/28/2018 11:22 AMPosted by Awria
10/27/2018 06:24 PMPosted by Valarien

Yup. Back when I played it, Weakened Soul was way worse. People just got used to shield spamming, and can't imagine not being able to do it.

I think it’s more like “people got used to a single shield being worthless so they try casting 3-4 in succession to try and mitigate a bit”. Honestly, I was ready for Weakened Soul to be back (even though I think it’s very poor class design), I just expected it to bring a small buff to the shield amount with it.