Hundo Club Server.

Classic Discussion
I know a lot of us don't want to interact with whimsical players or retail players that just want to check the game so I was thinking...

How many of you would be willing to pay a 100 a month sub for an exclusive server only available to people willing to pay that fee?
Quick question, what the !@#$.
And this is why we have cash shops and micro transactions in games today.
Not even if someone else paid it for me.
I wouldn’t mind a small addition fee to sub into a more exclusive server...... but 100 month? I make good money, but I’m not stupid.

My daddy always said, “The rich didn’t get there by blowing all their money.”
10/29/2018 01:48 PMPosted by Brutain
How many of you would be willing to pay a 100 a month sub for an exclusive server only available to people willing to pay that fee?

Even though I have the discretionary income that I could afford it, I wouldn't be willing to pay it for the specific reason given.

Many of the good friends I made in vanilla and BC were on tight budgets. Some struggled to make rent. Some were minors who had to manage their allowances or beg their parents and some months they just didn't get to play. (And I gifted game time occasionally - buy a physical card, give them the code - because I could afford more.)

US$100 is an absurd barrier, given the Collector's Editions of WOW cost less (US$80 give or take) and I don't know that I've ever seen a new game cost more than about US$60.

US$5 is a quite reasonable barrier, enough to say this person sees WOW: Classic as having a value. Easy enough to pay with B.Net Balance for someone who has a Retail sub. Easy enough to pay in a 90-day or 180-day block (US$30-ish as opposed to US$77.94).
Yah, you guys are right. Over ten years paying 11k extra to play on a server isn't that reasonable.

How about a one time, 100 dollar payment for entry.
whimsical players or retail players that just want to check the game so I was thinking...

You're going to get all types of players to try Classic out so you might as well get used to it sooner than later and stop trying to act like you're better than anyone.
10/29/2018 03:04 PMPosted by Kiereco
whimsical players or retail players that just want to check the game so I was thinking...

You're going to get all types of players to try Classic out so you might as well get used to it sooner than later and stop trying to act like you're better than anyone.

Get over yourself.

Wanting to be a apart has nothing to do with being better or not better.. I just don't want to be around.
10/29/2018 03:11 PMPosted by Brutain

Get over yourself.

Wanting to be a apart has nothing to do with being better or not better.. I just don't want to be around.

Well I hear the private servers will be pretty empty in about a year or so (just a guess) so you can be alone there.
10/29/2018 03:11 PMPosted by Brutain

Get over yourself.

Well I hear the private servers will be pretty empty in about a year or so (just a guess) so you can be alone there.
10/29/2018 02:59 PMPosted by Brutain

Really, the same logic applies for me. Even Retail WOW Digital Deluxe or Collector's Edition doesn't cost that much. (The only time I see a price in that range is when I'm buying a complete collection on Steam - often 6+ games.)

While I have the ability to afford it, the players I want to spend time with aren't of the classist sort (if you can't join the Country Club and afford the dues, you're inferior). Putting a prohibitive price-tag in place isn't anything I'm interested in seeing and certainly not something I'd pay.

Again, it's not about the money. Blizzard could easily soak me for US$100 in things like T-shirts or plushies (out of game merchandise) tied to WOW: Classic. But I want the kind of diverse crowd in WOW: Classic that we had in vanilla, people who found the game so fun and engaging they made it work to play even if sometimes they couldn't afford a month.
10/29/2018 03:44 PMPosted by Eilethalua
10/29/2018 02:59 PMPosted by Brutain

While I have the ability to afford it, the players I want to spend time with aren't of the classist sort (if you can't join the Country Club and afford the dues, you're inferior). Putting a prohibitive price-tag in place isn't anything I'm interested in seeing and certainly not something I'd pay.

[/quote]

The prohibitive price tag is the whole point.

Imagine playing on a server that never had any gold seller spam or boosting services spam because it would cost them 100 dollars to get an account that was going to banned within 1 minute of spamming..

What if the increased price tag also included additional GM Policing of each zone looking for botters they would ban?

Also logs of the game would be highly monitored for any for cheating..

Would you pay more for a server that would not be cheated on, because of the cost of failure and massively increased monitoring would make it economically not viable?

Imagine playing on a server that never had any gold seller spam or boosting services spam because it would cost them 100 dollars to get an account that was going to banned within 1 minute of spamming..

What if the increased price tag also included additional GM Policing of each zone looking for botters they would ban?

Would you pay more for a server that would not be cheated on, because of the cost of failure and massively increased monitoring?

My answer remains the same because, as I said, at that level of prohibitive it also drives away lots of good people. I will never be the kind of person to want to live in a gated community, and I'm not the kind who wants to play in a gated WOW server.

I also think the idea a prohibitive amount would keep out gold sellers is kind of short-sighted. Where there's a will and willingness to pay, there's a way and a supplier. A one-time fee for the gold-farming account, compromising accounts by people who paid, and even the use of fraudulent credit all happen.

And for every person you have willing to spend US$100 per account, and treat that as throwaway money, there will be someone willing to spend US$1000 for 10 accounts to be a jerk and troll until they finally get each of those accounts perma-banned, enjoying every moment of the outrage of others who were so sure they'd get their superior community with a money barrier.
10/29/2018 04:52 PMPosted by Eilethalua

Would you pay more for a server that would not be cheated on, because of the cost of failure and massively increased monitoring?

My answer remains the same because, as I said, at that level of prohibitive it also drives away lots of good people. I will never be the kind of person to want to live in a gated community, and I'm not the kind who wants to play in a gated WOW server.

I also think the idea a prohibitive amount would keep out gold sellers is kind of short-sighted. Where there's a will and willingness to pay, there's a way and a supplier. A one-time fee for the gold-farming account, compromising accounts by people who paid, and even the use of fraudulent credit all happen.

And for every person you have willing to spend US$100 per account, and treat that as throwaway money, there will be someone willing to spend US$1000 for 10 accounts to be a jerk and troll until they finally get each of those accounts perma-banned, enjoying every moment of the outrage of others who were so sure they'd get their superior community with a money barrier.

Your statements are all false.

Easy access and low risk are where crimes take place. More theft happens in ghettos, slums and trash bins than happens in gated communities- that is why they exist. The same goes for gated servers, they will be just as safe.
The entitlement server. I pay more so I expect more.

"We shouldn't have que times."
This is kind of silly, really.

Since for me and a LOT of others, the point of having Classic is having the same basic structure as we had before. It's unfortunate that it may not happen because getting all the right bits of the stew back in place will be hard.

And besides, why? If you really want that level of freedom, why not create your own private server and log into it alone...
10/29/2018 04:52 PMPosted by Eilethalua

I have to ask. Are you a professional writer? Is that you GRRM? :)
Jk.
Seriously though I'm a fan of your writing on here. Your posts are always well thought out, concise, and flow so smoothly.
I enjoy reading them.
Always easy to read and very very clear.
Wish i had half your skill.
That's tempting but I would need a few things.

1. A solid gold mount.

2. A solid gold armor set specific to my class.

3. A golden ethereal glow around my character.

4. An extra title above my name that said $$HundoClub$$

e: Oh and I would need a customizable theme song that played wherever I went.
10/29/2018 05:06 PMPosted by Coniferous
That's tempting but I would need a few things.

1. A solid gold mount.

2. A solid gold armor set specific to my class.

3. A golden ethereal glow around my character.

4. An extra title above my name that said $$HundoClub$$

e: Oh and I would need a customizable theme song that played wherever I went.
See, entitlement server
10/29/2018 05:04 PMPosted by Padrepwn
I have to ask. Are you a professional writer?

Thank you, and I wish.

I've written several incomplete novels, and done the NaNoWriMo (which is a community thing to try to write 50,000 words in a single novel in the month of November) a few times. Sadly, I haven't crossed the hump of actually figuring out where I want a novel to go and finishing it - before I scrap most of it and rewrite.

The limits of my "publishing" are some short stories, wall of text forum posts which I try and try and fail to keep short, and some writings I put up on a WordPress account (which includes WOW fiction).

The closest I come to professional writing is translating all the coding changes in software that I test into user language in help documentation, which does require a lot of careful thought into how clear the information is. =)