Hundo Club Server.

Classic Discussion
10/29/2018 05:09 PMPosted by Ristra
10/29/2018 05:06 PMPosted by Coniferous
That's tempting but I would need a few things.

1. A solid gold mount.

2. A solid gold armor set specific to my class.

3. A golden ethereal glow around my character.

4. An extra title above my name that said $$HundoClub$$

e: Oh and I would need a customizable theme song that played wherever I went.
See, entitlement server

Nah I would have to be able to play on any server so I can show off how much better I am to commoners.
10/29/2018 05:11 PMPosted by Coniferous
...See, entitlement server

Nah I would have to be able to play on any server so I can show off how much better I am to commoners.
So what you are saying is the commoners can't get it unless they ante up.
10/29/2018 05:11 PMPosted by Coniferous
...See, entitlement server

Nah, you would need to pay 100k for that.
10/29/2018 01:48 PMPosted by Brutain
I know a lot of us don't want to interact with whimsical players or retail players that just want to check the game so I was thinking...

How many of you would be willing to pay a 100 a month sub for an exclusive server only available to people willing to pay that fee?

That is too much for a bare bones server experience, just being "exclusive" isn't enough to get me to pay that kinda money. I can afford $100 per month but I would request a heavy GM presence with non stop special world events with unique gear only obtainable on that server. Essentially GM controlled world bosses/raid bosses etc. it would be a blast and totally worth it to me.
10/29/2018 06:19 PMPosted by Ziegfried
I know a lot of us don't want to interact with whimsical players or retail players that just want to check the game so I was thinking...

How many of you would be willing to pay a 100 a month sub for an exclusive server only available to people willing to pay that fee?

That is too much for a bare bones server experience, just being "exclusive" isn't enough to get me to pay that kinda money. I can afford $100 per month but I would request a heavy GM presence with non stop special world events with unique gear only obtainable on that server. Essentially GM controlled world bosses/raid bosses etc. it would be a blast and totally worth it to me.

Not a bad idea.
10/29/2018 06:21 PMPosted by Brutain
10/29/2018 06:19 PMPosted by Ziegfried

Not a bad idea.

Even if you had 1000 people paying $100/month, that's only 100k per month, and you won't get a server and all the people it would take to run it for only 100k/month.

And .. trust me - in most cases the richer and more entitled they are, the larger the hole at the end of 'em is.
10/29/2018 02:59 PMPosted by Brutain
Yah, you guys are right. Over ten years paying 11k extra to play on a server isn't that reasonable.

How about a one time, 100 dollar payment for entry.
i would rather have a 15 dollar monthly sub ( not including bfa access ) because a one time payment access gives all the toxic bfa people who come and leave because its not ' instant max lvl ' or ' too hard for their bfa insta-loot minds ' and when they would potentionally end their sub after a few months, if it was a one time payment they would be able to come back at any time they feel like trolling the classic community, even after they end their retail wow sub they would be able to log onto classic whenever theyd like because they've already paid for entry. now i think 15 a month is too much and i think 5-10 dollars a month and if you want to keep playing retail you can continue paying 15 a month and just try classic for an extra 5 a month, theyd get alot more people coming in and being able to experience classic and i think thats what they want.
TDLR:classic shouldn't be too expensive monthly and it shouldnt be a shared sub with retail.

There is no us and them. There are just gamers and people.

And I want as many of those people to play the game. The more the merrier, and the more it is likely they'll stick around if they love the gameplay.

I don't care about the argument, "muh vanilla, they'll only stick around for 10 levels, herp derp casuals!" Thing is, even back then, you had people only sticking around for a short time, because the game wasn't for them. But, given the evidence of players back then, a lot more stayed and played the game.

And finally, now who here is acting like that special snowflake retail gets accused of being? You segregation loving people are the worst kind of people in my book. Take your fcking superiority feeling and stuff it where you are highest plucking strawberries!