IoC and the Horde Keep

Battlegrounds
So, doing IoC on my warrior, dunking on Wyrmbane just doing my thing. Alliance breaks our gate down a good 30 seconds after we're already on wyrmbane and have him to maybe 60%

Some how, and I think I know how, they just melt Agmar to the floor.

I believe vehicles may be able to damage Agmar through the wall of the tower he's in, if dragged to the back? Its really the only explanation i could think of to make their kill time anywhere near feasible. We had the majority of our team in and killing wyrmbane, had a 40% headstart, and had lust.
ya i think i was in that game too,thx blizz for not fixing and giving alliance some help out.......
happened in a IoC tonight for me also, before I could even get a heal out we killed the boss, and the Horde had about a 40 second lead on our boss, I thought it was a siege bomb that killed him , I guess it could have been a siege tank but it happened so fast I couldn't tell.
There's obvious flaws with the map. For instance the Horde airship is in range of the alliance east & west gates *WAY* more than the Alliance airship is of the Horde gates.

That means the alliance benefits less from having it and really mainly needs to keep hangar just to deny it from the Horde.
Alliance players quickly destroy the Horde's boss with siege weapons through the floor/wall. They park the vehicles at the keep's doorway and then shoot upwards at the NPC.
It is called BOMBS. Learn to use them.

You just can't fix stupid can you?
Alliance tends to have a certain etiquette to pile on West door while horde scrambles to hit one third of something with three different vehicles. Horde never really agrees on gates and most gate breaches seem to be from hangar on foot or Demos that are quickly ditched. Sucks if people are resorting to vehicles cheesing into bosses.

A bunch of your team probs went hysterical when you were trying to kill Hal and had a lot of one by ones die at west gate and be too far to come to Ally keep. Shoulda had more Offense, not common but ya it happens.
Can anyone tell me why alliance is bomb running to the east gate lately?
10/30/2018 05:13 AMPosted by Layuth

Horde don't get bombs, those are inert cannon balls for them. Nothing to see here, move on.
10/30/2018 07:44 AMPosted by Yarrow
10/30/2018 05:13 AMPosted by Layuth

Horde don't get bombs, those are inert cannon balls for them. Nothing to see here, move on.

Some do, not many. :(

Both bombing the boss and vehicles being able to hit the boss should be fixed however.
Hey, it's not our problem if Horde aren't smart enough to do the quest to make the boss vulnerable to explosions. Removing it would just take skill out of the game.

Edit: more seriously, fixing the airship is a higher priority.
10/30/2018 07:34 AMPosted by Phelios
Can anyone tell me why alliance is bomb running to the east gate lately?

With the Hangar, the gunship can hit the east gate easily while it can barely hit the west gate.

Edit: Horde gunship can hit their gate much more easily and for longer than the Alliance gunship can hit theirs.
It took me a while to get, but Horde can hit the Alliance boss with bombs and vehicles too. I haven't seen it done with Glaives, but the boulders from demos definitely smash into the wall. It's harder than it is for Alliance, but you just need to move Halford to the wall directly in front of where he is standing, and the demo needs to shoot the wall above the jail bar. Two different games, one showing bombs, the other showing the one person that stayed in the demo (the others got destroyed because people abandoned them). It seems more Horde run bumbs though.

https://imgur.com/VOfkKYt

I agree that it needs to be fixed too.
10/30/2018 03:51 PMPosted by Layuth
Edit: Horde gunship can hit their gate much more easily and for longer than the Alliance gunship can hit theirs.

Yeah, this is the problem. In theory it's within the Alliance air ships field of fire, but if you try to target with the mouse, your camera moves to obscure the gate with the deck - no matter what your camera setting - while if you try to target with the keyboard, good luck hitting the gate.
The demos fit in the doorway in the horde keep and they can get shots on the boss for big damage. I think anyone who has played recently has seen this.
Not sure why but agmar always has died faster than wrymbane.
10/30/2018 04:25 PMPosted by Bynir
It took me a while to get, but Horde can hit the Alliance boss with bombs and vehicles too. I haven't seen it done with Glaives, but the boulders from demos definitely smash into the wall. It's harder than it is for Alliance, but you just need to move Halford to the wall directly in front of where he is standing, and the demo needs to shoot the wall above the jail bar. Two different games, one showing bombs, the other showing the one person that stayed in the demo (the others got destroyed because people abandoned them). It seems more Horde run bumbs though.

https://imgur.com/VOfkKYt

I agree that it needs to be fixed too.

Just wanted to clarify something on the demos(and all vehicles) they don't get 'destroyed' because someone abandons them unless the other side attacks them and destroys their health. They get destroyed when players try to drive them too far INTO the alliance/horde keep's headquarters building and that automatically destroys them.
Alliance airship can easily hit the hangar flag. Horde airship can't.

Was in a game yesterday where alliance controlled hangar, but a dozen horde were fighting to take back the flag.

Then the alliance airship rained down death on hangar flag and every horde there died in seconds.
10/31/2018 06:02 PMPosted by Webdog
Alliance airship can easily hit the hangar flag. Horde airship can't.

Was in a game yesterday where alliance controlled hangar, but a dozen horde were fighting to take back the flag.

Then the alliance airship rained down death on hangar flag and every horde there died in seconds.

Yeah, the damage done by the air ship needs to be reduced, like maybe halved. It's overly powerful in other respects too.
I was in IoC the other day and we actually used this exploit against alliance.

We managed to get Workshop at the start and help it the entire time. Alliance used Hanger to drop into the horde base. After about 15-20 minutes, horde gate goes down and we still have about 50% left on alliance gate.

We used the demolishers to wipe alliance as they tried to down our boss. Meanwhile horde continued to whittled down the alliance gate. After another 20 minutes, horde broke through and went to work on the alliance boss.

At that point it was a neck and neck race. Horde finally won by about 2%. The match lasted 48 minutes.