It's okay to be a casual

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7
Its okay to be serious or "hardcore" in the game too. We should all stop caring what each other are doing or receiving. It shouldn't matter to the hardcore that casuals can see the raids via LFR. It shouldn't matter to the casuals that the hardcore can access the best gear necessary for their content.
Casual elitists are the worst kind ... at least the other elitists are actually good at the game and have a reason to feel superior but being condescendingly elitist about how casual you are and acting like you’re more important than other types of players is pretty cringy.
11/01/2018 05:28 AMPosted by Blitzkareeg
Just saying. Its not the raiders who log on to raid 2 time a week, and then go play something else that sustaining this game.

I like how the GD's characterization of raiders swaps between "no-lifers who spend all their time on a video game" and "don't even play the game outside of raid hours" depending on context.

At any rate, the battlenet forums and the GD in particular are definitely majority casual and "it's ok to be casual" isn't even close to being an unpopular opinion here.
11/01/2018 11:27 AMPosted by Tareir
Its okay to be serious or "hardcore" in the game too. We should all stop caring what each other are doing or receiving. It shouldn't matter to the hardcore that casuals can see the raids via LFR. It shouldn't matter to the casuals that the hardcore can access the best gear necessary for their content.

What I dislike about the 40 hour+ a week players is using 3rd party tools to gate others from playable content.
People don’t rip on casuals they rip into entitlement. And you don’t have to be hardcore to do so, but in turn you’re labeled a hardcore or elitist by the same entitled kids who try to use “casual” to legitimize their entitlement.
11/01/2018 11:40 AMPosted by Seelnay
11/01/2018 11:27 AMPosted by Tareir

What I dislike about the 40 hour+ a week players is using 3rd party tools to gate others from playable content.

If a bunch of 40+ hour a week players (which is a silly exagerration, but whatever) want to group up with each other and do content...that doesn't impact you any more than LFR impacts them. They're just playing what they want to play.

This isn't Everquest - one group killing a boss doesn't preclude others from killing it, instances aren't limited.
11/01/2018 05:21 AMPosted by Monstor
11/01/2018 01:22 AMPosted by Bloodfall

If they dont want to progress why bother playing LFR at all? Why play PVE at all if you're aren't going to try to get into raids?

I'm going to guess that you would then also say the following:

"Why play League of Legends if you don't play ranked?"

"Why play World of Warships if you don't play ranked?"

"Why play Diablo 3 if you don't play hardcore only?"

"Why wear my seatbelt when driving a car?"

"Why use a condom ever?"

You, idiot, are stupid.

No, I can understand that you dont have to compete to have fun, but the only time raiding is a competition is for world first. I'm asking what's the point of going through the hassle of progressing for weeks if you are gonna stop short?
10/30/2018 12:12 PMPosted by Monrith
Do your thing and have fun.
When I was younger, I played hours upon hours of WoW. Now, I play on the weekends. I can't tell you how much more fun I am having now than I played for hours on in.

#casualsUnite
11/01/2018 05:25 AMPosted by Wuhjikô
11/01/2018 01:22 AMPosted by Bloodfall
If they dont want to progress why bother playing LFR at all? Why play PVE at all if you're aren't going to try to get into raids?

LFR is a raid.

It may not be the hardest of core raid... but it is one. No amount of mental gymnastics can change that.

LFR is raiding like Duel Links is a yugioh game. Sure you can play a yugioh experiance, but it's super dumb down and no where near has fun.
Being a casual is absolutely fine and being a try hard is absolutely fine as long as Blizzard has content for both. But titanforging is cancer.
Its funny as being a casual for 14 years in this game, I almost feel embarrassed to justify my playtime to friends and family. I cannot imagine what the basement dwellers say to their friends and family.

What I am saying is, "casual WoW players" are already hardcore gamers by many standards. They are not the problem. Addicts masquerading as "hardcore players" are. Their playstyle is unhealthy and unnatural, and they sure as hell do not have the higher moral ground here.
It's ok to be a casual.

It's not ok to be a casual and try and influence end game content.
Be as casual as you want as long as you put in some effort to learn how to play your class, know what to do when you play group content, and use some kind of website to make sure you gear/gem/enchant etc., to get the best stats.

I don't raid, don't do mythic+, don't pvp, but I spend a lot of time trying to get better at playing my toons and researching and using online sims to get the best DPS I can.

I don't really like voice-chat so I tend to stick more with easier content, preferably solo. But even so I like to optimize what my character can do.