Big Enh PvP Nerf On It's Way

Shaman
You can use your "de-curse" on more then warlocks IMO I shouldn't have to tell you it breaks roots, right? Also, there is only two instant fears I can think of Warrior and Priest. Warriors fear is harder to predict but if you see a Priest running at you use your brain and place tremor totem. Granted, this is only if they use fear on you if they use fear on anyone else it's a wasted CC.
I wish this would become a regular talent. I feel so shallow in instanced PvE. If they would just give this to enhancement, we would be in a really good spot. More damage overall, and some (semi) constant AoE built in. It isn't as if DH doesn't use their AoE for single target rotation. Granted ours would be spamable at times, but they could raise the damage a bit, lower the CD slightly, and lower the proc rate, then raise the damage of lava lash, and boom, we are competitive.
11/01/2018 06:57 AMPosted by Gron
11/01/2018 06:46 AMPosted by Fookle
Ya, ALL enhance has is DMG. They have no CC (hex , stun , incapacitate, interrupt). They have no utility (purge, dispel, tremor totem, earth shield) Also, they have no survivability with instant heals and astral shift. Almost forgot they have no mobility with ghost wolf.

So... should I leave this hot mess of a comment to someone else to pick apart.. or.. is it a free for all?

For starters, it is a de-curse. Not a dispell. Difference? Well, if you fight warlocks all the time, you can use it. Yay!

Tremor totem? You have to have it on the ground before fear hits you. So you need to predict fear casts.

Earth shield? .. Really? I mean. Really? ... Really? ... I think you may be a tad confused on the enh shaman toolkit and how well it all works. On paper Sure thing it is cool beans.. In practice.. Well. Here we are right?

I'm also fairly certain the incapacitate he is referring to IS hex. I dont know what else it would be. The AoE stun is nice, but done better with DH. Our heals are weak, even with the PvP talent.
11/01/2018 10:15 AMPosted by Klowdywilde
11/01/2018 06:57 AMPosted by Gron

So... should I leave this hot mess of a comment to someone else to pick apart.. or.. is it a free for all?

For starters, it is a de-curse. Not a dispell. Difference? Well, if you fight warlocks all the time, you can use it. Yay!

Tremor totem? You have to have it on the ground before fear hits you. So you need to predict fear casts.

Earth shield? .. Really? I mean. Really? ... Really? ... I think you may be a tad confused on the enh shaman toolkit and how well it all works. On paper Sure thing it is cool beans.. In practice.. Well. Here we are right?

I'm also fairly certain the incapacitate he is referring to IS hex. I dont know what else it would be. The AoE stun is nice, but done better with DH. Our heals are weak, even with the PvP talent.

It's amazing the amount of shamans posting who have no idea how to use their abilities properly or don't have a full understanding of them. Sundering incapacitates your target.
11/01/2018 11:09 AMPosted by Fookle

It's amazing the amount of shamans posting who have no idea how to use their abilities properly or don't have a full understanding of them. Sundering incapacitates your target.

There is no reason to be rude, other than childish ways. I even stated I wasn't sure what you were talking about. I was comparing it to rogue and paladin skills. That is barely an incapacitate skill. It's on the same level as a tauren stun, without being in that class of skills.

You should probably backpedal on that aggression, this is a game, that means nothing in the end, and not everyone spends as much time on it as you. Please reserve your childish anger for when your parents come into the basement to change your sheets, and do your laundry.
11/01/2018 11:09 AMPosted by Fookle

you're like a really bad troll from 2006. post on your main, stop smacking those lips about what you think you know cause you clearly don't.
11/01/2018 07:07 AMPosted by Fookle
You can use your "de-curse" on more then warlocks IMO I shouldn't have to tell you it breaks roots, right? Also, there is only two instant fears I can think of Warrior and Priest. Warriors fear is harder to predict but if you see a Priest running at you use your brain and place tremor totem. Granted, this is only if they use fear on you if they use fear on anyone else it's a wasted CC.

Seeing as how the topic at hand is enhancement shaman, and the spell at hand is called "Cleanse Spirit" with the following tooltip of "Remove all Curse effects from a friendly target", do enlighten me how it breaks roots. I'll wait.

By the way, "Spirit Walk" is the one that breaks roots - it is not a dispel and is not usable on other classes. Two different things here.

Sundering is a great way to interrupt with it's incapacitate, but it's also by far the most damaging low cost ability we have - better used, imo, as a near end execute if you will. Especially with a 40 second cooldown, you're balancing the high damage with the interrupt ability which also DRs hex.

Regarding healing, curse cleansing, and purge - all require mana, of which the regeneration rate was just noticeably reduced. Additionally, healing requires maelstrom - of which you need to do any damage. As a shaman, there is no free ride for healing. As elemental, trying to heal gets you locked out of a good chunk of your spells as well.

TBH, I don't even really care if any of this makes sense. Rest of you guys have fun with him
Ya, ALL enhance has is DMG. They have no CC (hex , stun , incapacitate, interrupt). They have no utility (purge, dispel, tremor totem, earth shield) Also, they have no survivability with instant heals and astral shift. Almost forgot they have no mobility with ghost wolf.

Fookle, I’m sorry but you obviously have absolute zero idea of our class design. I’m not going to go into detail, since everyone has already done so. Shamans have the worst utility out of every class. However, what we do have is an insane amount of burst.

Well let me hop in.

Our "cc" - cap is killed instantly, has a charge time, and can easily be walked out of. Our incap is a long CD and literally is only used as a burst CD. Hex sucks. It's the worst casted cc in the game.... dispellable by multiple classes, has a CD, target can move while ccd, and breaks from small amounts of dmg. how can you even make it sound like we have this advanced cc toolkit lmao?

Our utility is good I'll give you this point. But purge is pretty weak now. It burns through our mana so fast and we dont regen mana for a long time. We also need that mana to heal because we flop due to lack of defensives. Our totems are all proactive and require skill to use correctly against decent players. They both have decent cds, die easy, and require a stun on the shaman to completely nullify.

Survivability....this is completely wrong. Our wall lasts 8 seconds on a 1.5 min CD. Our healing got nerfed into oblivion.. it burns our dmg resource, drains mana needed for totems/purge, heals for very little now, and gives us no sustained tankiness due to us going oom.

Mobility. Gw is pretty crappy... the only class that can't kite shamans with their cds is priest and dk. Once a class gets distance we have no gap closers. We have one sprint/root break that can instantly be reslowed.

If you're gonna make claims about a class you should really know what you're talking about. Enh is not bad but they rely on great utility usage, good game awareness to know when to run/los, and keeping up a high dmg output. Our defensives, mobility, and cc are all trash and if they continue to nerf enh we will fall way down the tier list
Let's not be foolish, the damage pumped out by ride the lightning and forked lightning made our incomplete spec into a monster, without them we'll be awful.

Those pvp talents were toxic and need changes, removal, (maybe not the ability to stack), sadly there will be no follow-up buffs so shamans will either change specs or classes to compensate.
11/02/2018 11:19 AMPosted by Tolvashoc
Let's not be foolish, the damage pumped out by ride the lightning and forked lightning made our incomplete spec into a monster, without them we'll be awful.

Those pvp talents were toxic and need changes, removal, (maybe not the ability to stack), sadly there will be no follow-up buffs so shamans will either change specs or classes to compensate.

so the toxic pvp abilities are what made ENH viable, and by your own admission their removal makes the ENH unviable.

doesn't seem so toxic to me-- they are talents needed and required to compete.

Its Blizzards fault that they cant design this class to do great damage with baseline abilities-- yet you advocate so.

Blizzard has a history of NEVER compensating what they do when nerfing abilities.

This class, along with the WW monk has been the red headed step child of this game for quite a while now.
What a retarded joke of a rework of talents.

That stupid crap they came up with it's just useless. You never know what is going to happen when you use your abilities.

Time to stop playing this sh*tshow the devs call "game". Go on, bring up more boring content and keep destroying the classes. You are going to destroy WoW at this rate by the next expansion. You already did a pretty good job alientating 50% of the playerbase with your flawed vision of the class design and moves like this you call "balance".

Im pretty sure everyone will be happy playing your crap with specs that revolves around 4 buttons. Then you can go full phone-game mode like the idiots at Diablo and get 150k dislikes on your videos.
You forgot to put that Ancestral Resonance is now going to extend zerk to 60 seconds which mean your new pvp talent should allow you perma lust from what I understand
It is true that at the moment all enhancement brings is amazing burst damage but to be honest. Warriors damage can be on par and they have better damage mitigation.

Windwalker Monks are still strong contrary to what people think. Their mobility is still very strong (on par with Demon Hunters if not better).

I really honestly believe that Enhancement needs some kind of shield spell that can't be dispelled. Rogues can literally light you up in seconds.
Ancestral Resonance current works in a scaled down fashion for the 1 min pvp bloodlust. I'm assuming new ancestral resonance will work similarly. So if it extends bloodlust by 50% from 40 to 60 seconds. I would guess it will extend the pvp version from 10 to 15 seconds.

Revised: I just checked PTR. Ancestral Resonance doesn't extend the pvp version of bloodlust at all. It's still 10 seconds. I guess ancestral resonance is now a pve only trait.
I just can't believe they are nerfing shamans again while DH still does everything we do but better. It's like they don't even play the game
11/05/2018 09:09 PMPosted by Terhya
I just can't believe they are nerfing shamans again while DH still does everything we do but better. It's like they don't even play the game

They do, they play dh's