Why not sell Flight in the game store?

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 Next
No... why are idiots trying to find ways to pay Blizzard for things they should already get and used to get? Must be mass amounts of lithium being dumped into the public water supply.
No, just...no.
No. !@#$ you, OP, for trying to turn the game into Pay to win.
10/31/2018 10:28 AMPosted by Moontíger
Why aren't players just allowed to purchase this ability in the game store for cash?

Because wow is not pay to win.
They'd lose more monthly customers than they'd make from selling flight.

That's pretty much why. I'm sure they've done economic analysis about such things. There is a point where losing too many subscribers wouldn't be worth it.
Pay to Win. Imagine if that system had existed in the Molten Core or Blackwing Lair days, my goodness. This game would have fallen flat on its face before it even had a chance to get up.
Ugh, ERPers. Get off my server.
Take my money plz
I've researched the (rather excessive IMO) questlines and reputations needed in order to unlock flight in such places as Draenor or the Broken Isles, and the question springs to mind:

Why aren't players just allowed to purchase this ability in the game store for cash?

I can virtually guarantee it would be a huge cash cow for Blizzard. You underestimate the number of frustrated players who would rather open their wallet than have to slog through scores of quests and obtain high reputation with multiple factions. I'd personally quite happily pay for this and smile while doing it. Anything to avoid the endless running and trying to circumnavigate mountain ranges and elite foes just to get to the next turn-in.

Just a thought.

Nope. Do pathfinder or don't fly. Pretty clear, cut and dry. I personally love flying and want it in the game so it is either pathfinder or no flying at all.

Also no need for yet another flying thread.
I hate to say it, but I'd be fine with this; I have more money than I have time.
You can say goodbye to more subs if that ever happens.
Why would a consumer ever advocate giving Blizzard MORE money on top of what already give them?
They won't it would shorten content. Adding flight makes the game shorter.
I've researched the (rather excessive IMO) questlines and reputations needed in order to unlock flight in such places as Draenor or the Broken Isles, and the question springs to mind:

I can virtually guarantee it would be a huge cash cow for Blizzard. You underestimate the number of frustrated players who would rather open their wallet than have to slog through scores of quests and obtain high reputation with multiple factions. I'd personally quite happily pay for this and smile while doing it. Anything to avoid the endless running and trying to circumnavigate mountain ranges and elite foes just to get to the next turn-in.

Just a thought.

No.

We should not be able to buy skills or armor from the cash shop. There are plenty of p2w games out there that you can do that with.
I can guarantee you that I would unsub and not come back if they did that. If I wanted BS cashgrabs with disappointing gameplay I would still be playing SWTOR.

Run tell that

Just a thought.

Shut up Meg.
There is way to much p2w in WoW to start selling flying also. Might as well change the name to Areroth Desert Online
11/01/2018 09:34 AMPosted by Warpstone

Because wow is not pay to win.

LoL yah right. Not p2w LOL
10/31/2018 04:28 PMPosted by Aehl
So they cant sell flight for real money but they can sell flying mounts for cash?

Yes, because mounts are a cosmetic thing that offers no new advantage or feature. Sure, the fay dragon changes color, has a unique model, and looks super awesome, but it performs equally to a basic windrider /griffin mount that can be bought with game currency and obtained easily.

That is where the line should be with micro transactions in games: Cosmetic bonuses that do not alter game play.
Because it's a terrible idea.