"Lost Honor" Cinematic

Story Forum
Prev 1 3 4 5 11 Next
I want my Horde back, too, but if my choices are between Sylvanas partisanship for Scourge Lite “Horde” or rehashing the rebellion plot of MoP with an Orc who is already beyond redemption, I think I’d rather just unsubscribe or RP my way our of this hot mess.

I'm curious at this point how many Horde players would totally jump ship, betray the Horde and play on the Alliance if given the choice.
11/02/2018 12:19 PMPosted by Nairdrix
We're really doing this crap again, aren't we? Does Blizzard want to kill their own game? I get the the Alliance is delighted, as are the OMGHONOR Horde players, who somehow look past all of the atrocious things Saurfang has done, INCLUDING his pivotal role in the War of Thorns. But did this story really need to happen twice? For Christ's sake, man. -sighs deeply- I'm not unsubbing yet, but this is looking like my last expansion, one way or another.

I haven't read "A Good War", but others have also reported how he eventually agreed with Sylvanas that Teldrassil had to burn.
he didn't he agreed that the war had to happen, but he was disgusted by the tree burning
11/02/2018 12:16 PMPosted by Galka
Also, Anduin's narcissism, that he thinks the war would have ended had Saurfang went for a killing blow rather than a blunt-end uppercut, is mind blowing. He thinks the entirety of the Alliance would pack it up and go home without him leading the way?

Yeah, clearly the Alliance is incapable of doing anything without him.

*looks at the Lordaeron disaster*

Yeah, totally...
11/02/2018 12:00 PMPosted by Merìngue
I would not say "with" is the correct word. More likely parallel.

He and Anduin want the same thing. Anduin absolutely releases him to work towards that purpose. But we have yet to see any confirmation that there is any shared planning. More generally working towards the same goals.

I just can't see the Saurfang following Alliance planning. And I don't see the Alliance just doing what he wants. But 'allies with shared purpose' is probably the best way to describe them.
"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of fanboys suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced..."
I can't believe there are people on this board who didn't see this coming. It sucks, but the Horde existing on the Alliance's sufferance is less offensive to me than remaining the Scourge.
11/02/2018 12:21 PMPosted by Lkilled
I hope he ends up neutral.
I hope he ends up dead, with Sylvanas raising him as the primary 'donor' of an orcish style abomination, before she is killed by Anduin and the Horde becomes a series of segregated client states of the Alliance. I don't know about you fellas, but I sure am ready to lick some boot.
11/02/2018 12:25 PMPosted by Meldaea
I can't believe there are people on this board who didn't see this coming. It sucks, but the Horde existing on the Alliance's sufferance is less offensive to me than remaining the Scourge.

Better a mindless slave then a quisling.
11/02/2018 12:26 PMPosted by Darethy
:-)

Nothing has happened that we haven't already assumed to be 100% true for more than a month. The only news is that Blizzard at one point said internally "the Horde are going to love this new cinematic, oh yeah!," which is really weird.
11/02/2018 12:27 PMPosted by Grandblade

Or a human paladin.
11/02/2018 12:27 PMPosted by Galka

Nothing has happened that we haven't already assumed to be 100% true for more than a month. The only news is that Blizzard at one point said internally "the Horde are going to love this new cinematic, oh yeah!," which is really weird.
I mean a ton of Horde did. Saurfang's spine grew adamantium. He wants to kill the Traitor Warchief.

I am down as heck. Grab your sword, fight for the Horde.

You'll get over it. Now how about some root beer?

https://gfycat.com/teemingfatherlyaegeancat
11/02/2018 12:27 PMPosted by Galka

It means they ahve a really poor understanding of the player base I think. Kazala and I have talked about it before, but essentially its the idea that the themes Blizzard had been transmitting are not what had been received by the players. This leads to divergent expectations of the story between the player and the developer.
11/02/2018 12:28 PMPosted by Darethy
11/02/2018 12:27 PMPosted by Grandblade
... :-)

Or a human paladin.
11/02/2018 12:21 PMPosted by Æschere
I want my Horde back, too, but if my choices are between Sylvanas partisanship for Scourge Lite “Horde” or rehashing the rebellion plot of MoP with an Orc who is already beyond redemption, I think I’d rather just unsubscribe or RP my way our of this hot mess.

I'm curious at this point how many Horde players would totally jump ship, betray the Horde and play on the Alliance if given the choice.

Not I.

The only thing more uninspiring to me than the Horde rehashing the same stories over and over again is the Alliance.
on one hand, the alliance is helping the horde clean up their mess because spineless green turds can't get their !@#$ together. again.

on the other, Diet Arthas and her fan boy salt

so conflicted
Story implications aside for a moment...

I am impressed at yet another actual cinematic being delivered during an expansion. I'm curious as to how many more there will eventually be in total. It is clear that they have invested a lot into this current narrative.

It is just a shame that they've chosen such a bizarre and volatile direction to take the story as it greatly overshadows the immense amount of production and talent involved in said cinematics.
:D
Story implications aside for a moment...

I am impressed at yet another actual cinematic being delivered during an expansion. I'm curious as to how many more there will eventually be in total. It is clear that they have invested a lot into this current narrative.

It is just a shame that they've chosen such a bizarre and volatile direction to take the story as it greatly overshadows the immense amount of production and talent involved.
I think this is a good silver lining for anyone. That they're producing so many leaves open a wide door for any content, dwarf, night elf, troll, tauren.