FYI, WSG + AB Remastered

Battlegrounds
WSG and AB have updated graphics in 8.1.5.
Are they changing the maps or just the graphics?
11/02/2018 04:07 PMPosted by Yarrow
Are they changing the maps or just the graphics?

Sounds like a graphics update.

I think they said they tried to keep all the geometry the same.
Check out some screenshots:

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/8125-World-of-Warcraft-What-s-Next

Map layouts seem the same, graphics are updated similar to how Arathi Highlands was updated recently, some of the buildings in AB are quite different (stables has an interior where the resto leaf is now), WSG looks pretty faithful to the original I think.
Is it just the angle of the ss, or did they reconfigure the stumps in mid for WSG?
probably got it remodeled in a newer engine... gooood shyt
To the average BGer these will mostly play the same, but anyone who pays attention to detail will definitely notice a difference with the new buildings in particular. Especially Farm in AB looks very different. Top of Horde tunnel in WSG looks like it will no longer be used for clever manuevers to dodge Alliance O. Will be curious to see if other details of WSG go unchanged too many of which gave the BG it’s character imo.
This hurts
Graphical updates are cool, but I would certainly hope that at the same time they will address some of the terrain glitches that have been exploited over the years, and make it impossible for some of the new classes - <ahem> Demon Hunters - to go places they aren't supposed to.
I'm glad they're showing some TLC to our existing maps :)
Just an update. I was hoping for an additional 40 man bg (WG, TB), and a new 10- 15 man bg.
Looks pretty good - Has a Kul Tiran vibe to it
11/02/2018 07:33 PMPosted by Karenthi
Graphical updates are cool, but I would certainly hope that at the same time they will address some of the terrain glitches that have been exploited over the years, and make it impossible for some of the new classes - <ahem> Demon Hunters - to go places they aren't supposed to.

Yes same here, Will never forget a Random BG where our team was constantly getting the DH FC down, but was leaping from platform to platform making our team run all around their base. Not to mention other glitches too where they can leap up the GY or get life-gripped up there

Same goes for Deepwind
I hope they fix terrain glitches and make things that should LoS do so.