FYI, A.I. Bots

Battlegrounds
Lol. Oh my god i am laughing so hard. This will help Alliance more since we will just follow the npcs leads and use them as cover lol!
11/02/2018 04:28 PMPosted by Crypticcross
I'm intrigued and think it might bring a lot more people into PvP. Especially if we end up eventually getting blended BGs where bots and players play together against each other.

if i'm yelling at someone i want them to hear me.
What if they've already been secretly testing their A.I. bots in bgs?
If the bot jukes my kick, then I will understand true fear
11/02/2018 05:54 PMPosted by Lafs
Inc "but horde has better AI's!"

LOL
11/02/2018 04:18 PMPosted by Bigbadbrooza
alliance will finally have a chance at winning BGs now
^ indeed, lol
11/02/2018 04:42 PMPosted by Forums
I think they're probably starting with players vs. bots first.

It's kinda like PvE, except the NPCs won't just stupidly focus on your tank. They'll go for your healers or chain CC them.

Seems to me we had an encounter in a late BC dungeon that was like that. I seem to remember that the PVE raiders hated it. The PVP folks were like, "hey, that was easy."

11/02/2018 05:52 PMPosted by Forums
I wonder if the bots get access to extra information that players don't normally have (e.g. the location of stealthed players and where they're headed towards).

They better not. It's bad enough that they get instantaneous reflexes and zero lag, and maybe perfect coordination as well. They don't need much AI to make fighting it worse than fighting a multiboxer - a multiboxer which is immune to normal multibox disruption techniques to boot.
This is pretty cool, some of us have been been asking for this as a solution to leavers and lack of healers. I can kind of see why they chose Arathi Basin brawl since visibility is very limited which would normally give players significant advantage over AI.

Will be curious to see if they allow these into rated PvP or PvE to reduce queue times.
Hey this could be good for people to fight on roads, test out a macro or two, new pvpers, etc...
There's always been bot farmers in bgs. They're really annoying to fight because they maximize their rotations for maximum survival and are unjukable with 0 latency and interrupt instantly. Then you get the chinese knock off bots that just suicide into 6 guys every time. Neither one is fun to fight with or against. I really hope this is only for that brawl and not going to be standard going forward, pvp is for fighting other players, pve is for fighting AI.
11/02/2018 10:12 PMPosted by Fredphelpsxx
There's always been bot farmers in bgs. They're really annoying to fight because they maximize their rotations for maximum survival and are unjukable with 0 latency and interrupt instantly. Then you get the chinese knock off bots that just suicide into 6 guys every time. Neither one is fun to fight with or against. I really hope this is only for that brawl and not going to be standard going forward, pvp is for fighting other players, pve is for fighting AI.
Tbf, those were non blizzard bots meant to make money. I doubt Blizzard is going to make rank one bots lol
I hope they're a bit sarcastic with their implementation and have Death Knight AIs that /yell Get over here when they death grip.
think outside the box

what if Blizz uses bots to fill out the premade vs premade matchups, in an effort to create the long sought after ' solo queue ' ?
Next level AI = you boot a bot from bg, and they open a ticket and make a forum post complaining.

Then I'll be scared
There are way to many players subscribed and playing wow, just ask Ythisens. They don't need to fluff up the visibility in order to shore up the lack of players, ask Ythisens. Surely you are mistaken.
With Bots being a thing, that means they'll go for the objective.

I don't see how this is a bad thing.
If anyone remembers the Legion World Quest brawl (Black Rook Rumble) in Val'sharah, It will prob be similar to that. Where if there was no players in the arena, random Elite classes would spawn for you to complete the quest. Just hope they can actually put up a fight instead of being 2-3 shot - I personally welcome this change, will be interesting - Unsure if they'll be able to do player type stuff though like Cap a base, Run a flag, etc.

I actually doubt it lol. Who would want a bot to pick up the flag and run a certain route that Blizz assigned them to? which could lead directly right into a pack of Horde/Alli

They'll prob just work as defenders, and maybe assaulters as well when someone is holding flag in base, or attack certain bases...but highly doubt they'll be able to cap bases etc... we'll see though
The day I lose a WSG because "Sneaky Pete" got a crucial flag return while I'm on the EFC is the day I'll retire from this game and take up solitaire on an ipad or something.
Blizz has bots right now
First we get AI enemies, next will be AI team mates...then the lowly solo queuer will never have to interact with a human again.