I kind of want to try Diablo immortal

General Discussion
I dunno. It seems like a concept that could be fun.

I mean, I can understand why fans might be disappointed but I'll give it a shot
I'll download it. Play it until the first paywall/advertisement for premium currency. Delete it.
Everyone will complain before they try it, and secretly download and game at work, on the Metro, in Walmart etc...and then come to a blizz forum and complain how to make it better.

PS My dog's name is Evie...she is cute too.
There's a game called Crusader of Light. It is very much just that game reskinned. The company they outsourced to made the former game, and just reskinned it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FHLkGfzacs

So have fun with that I guess.
do what ever ya want mate.

i won't judge ya.

11/02/2018 10:26 PMPosted by Yagababa

Evie?

What breed of a cute doggo?
Sweetie you may want to lay low, your dignity is already in question.
I probably will download it. I don't usually play games on my phone, actually usually my phone is turned off... lol

However it looks interesting. I like the gap content bit. I would prefer to see that content on the actual game as an expac for sort of time warping into the past. But I'll probably give this a try.

Not what I was hoping for, but it does look intriguing.
11/02/2018 10:26 PMPosted by Yagababa
Everyone will complain before they try it, and secretly download and game at work, on the Metro, in Walmart etc...and then come to a blizz forum and complain how to make it better.

Lol keep telling yourself that.. All five you just keep plugging your ears and saying it's fine over and over.

Fanboys are the worst.
11/02/2018 10:28 PMPosted by Xenya

Or evolve into Umbreon or something.
11/02/2018 10:18 PMPosted by Eevee

I dunno. I think you work for Blizzard because no one with a brain in their heads has any interest in this trash.
Gotta feel bad for the Blizz employees losing sleep tonight.... especially the guys running the Diablo Q&A tomorrow.
I'll play it, but I won't pay for any microtransaction stuff. Feels like a bit of a swing and miss. I wasn't expecting Diablo 4, but I was expecting something more than a mobile game.

Edit: I just watched the gameplay footage and kind of looks like Diablo 3 lite mobile. I'll probably pass unless something new about it grabs my attention later.
Why wait ? try Crusader of Lights, it is the SAME game. Immortal is just a put D3 assets on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54gEz-FfdQ0
I would wager >90% of the people in this country of the US has never heard of diablo and will continue crushing candy and farming and catching pokemon on their nightly walks lol and the majority of people who know about Diablo play it on PC and from the immediate reactions seen the concept of mobile is DOA with them.they better pray the Asians buy it cause it WILL flop here.
There's already so many good mobile games though. It's a tough market and people aren't so willing to get out their credit cards anymore to buy stuff in a game they probably won't be playing next week
11/02/2018 10:38 PMPosted by Thera
Why wait ? try Crusader of Lights, it is the SAME game. Immortal is just a put D3 assets on it.

Have a source that its just a reskin? (I'm genuinely curious not refuting you)
11/02/2018 10:28 PMPosted by Xenya

I'll own it. They didn't announce any allied races. I'll eat that crow.

My money's still on Vulpera for 8.2 though
11/02/2018 10:41 PMPosted by Kaizoku
11/02/2018 10:38 PMPosted by Thera

Have a source that its just a reskin? (I'm genuinely curious not refuting you)

11/02/2018 10:28 PMPosted by Lockoclock
There's a game called Crusader of Light. It is very much just that game reskinned. The company they outsourced to made the former game, and just reskinned it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FHLkGfzacs

So have fun with that I guess.
11/02/2018 10:30 PMPosted by Pripyat
11/02/2018 10:18 PMPosted by Eevee

I dunno. I think you work for Blizzard because no one with a brain in their heads has any interest in this trash.

If I worked for Blizzard, Nisha would be warchief
Id try it if I hadn't already played multiple mobile games with the same control and gameplay, its not engaging, and putting a diablo skin on it won't magically make it good.

11/02/2018 10:41 PMPosted by Myracle
There's already so many good mobile games though. It's a tough market and people aren't so willing to get out their credit cards anymore to buy stuff in a game they probably won't be playing next week

ACtually this won't matter, 99% of current Diablo players could never touch it, if they get enough whales to pump cash into it, the lower dev costs of farming mobile dev to another company and the amount you can make with a small amount of players dumping idiodic amounts of money into the game means the game can be a financial success for the business even if the game is played by a tiny amount of players and even if every review score was crap.

This business model makes money without making good games, so why put in the effort, blizzard only makes games to make money, not because they love games, those people left the company years ago.