I kind of want to try Diablo immortal

General Discussion
Its just so disappointing that Diablo is going this direction.
I don't really care for mobile gaming, I don't dislike blizzard going into the mobile market, but the only new diablo being worked on is for mobile? It hurts.
I would download it but I don't have a phone, apparently.
11/02/2018 10:42 PMPosted by Lockoclock
11/02/2018 10:41 PMPosted by Kaizoku

Have a source that its just a reskin? (I'm genuinely curious not refuting you)

11/02/2018 10:28 PMPosted by Lockoclock
There's a game called Crusader of Light. It is very much just that game reskinned. The company they outsourced to made the former game, and just reskinned it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FHLkGfzacs

So have fun with that I guess.

I can kind of see it. But there are a limited number of ways to make a multi-button interface on a mobile game with a map in the top right. Aside from the button interface its how the PC version would layout too. Do we know for a fact that D:I was outsourced to a Chinese company?
11/02/2018 10:45 PMPosted by Momimfotm
I would download it but I don't have a phone, apparently.

Lol, okay, that one made me laugh
11/02/2018 10:45 PMPosted by Kaizoku

I can kind of see it. But there are a limited number of ways to make a multi-button interface on a mobile game with a map in the top right. Aside from the button interface its how the PC version would layout too. Do we know for a fact that D:I was outsourced to a Chinese company?

Yarp. It was confirmed given to Netease a chinese developer. They made the game Crusader of Light and then slapped Diablo assets on it and called it a day. Mostly.

Aye, they announced they have been partners with NetEase for about ten years and that they outsourced the project to them and provided them with art assets to use for Immortal.
11/02/2018 10:28 PMPosted by Hawkéns
do what ever ya want mate.

i won't judge ya.

11/02/2018 10:26 PMPosted by Yagababa
PS My dog's name is Evie...she is cute too.

Evie?

What breed of a cute doggo?

Small Munsterlander

Here's her pic running:

https://www.flickr.com/gp/canvasbackdrake/h8qU08

And just hanging out

https://flic.kr/p/oCKbkh
Honestly I think most people would not have cared if they didn't kinda leave this for the last announcement as well additionally the only thing for Diablo. Even when Bethesda announced Fallout 76 they were smart enough to give a simple sky shot and then said they were working on Elder Scrolls 6.

It is just something that was hyped up too much and mobile games are not something you get hyped for, they just kinda exist.
11/02/2018 10:49 PMPosted by Chiseri
Aye, they announced they have been partners with NetEase for about ten years and that they outsourced the project to them and provided them with art assets to use for Immortal.

And who in their right mind thought it was a good idea to drag that dead rat in front of a crowd of the most rabid PC gamers in the world and pretend they would be excited for it?

11/02/2018 10:51 PMPosted by Sevaira
It is just something that was hyped up too much and mobile games are not something you get hyped for, they just kinda exist.

Yeah, presenting it as one of their flagship items on day 1 of Blizzcon was a mistake. This should have been some quiet little "oh by the way" launch

Here's the wiki page with that game credited to it as well
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NetEase#Games
Here's their page showing the release for Diablo
https://game.163.com/
and so on.
11/02/2018 10:51 PMPosted by Kaizoku

And who in their right mind thought it was a good idea to drag that dead rat in front of a crowd of the most rabid PC gamers in the world and pretend they would be excited for it?

11/02/2018 10:51 PMPosted by Sevaira

Yeah, presenting it as one of their flagship items on day 1 of Blizzcon was a mistake. This should have been some quiet little "oh by the way" launch

The crowd's silence spoke volumes...as well as the many "boos" they received.
11/02/2018 10:52 PMPosted by Lockoclock
Here's the wiki page with that game credited to it as well
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NetEase#Games
Here's their page showing the release for Diablo
https://game.163.com/
and so on.

Thanks!
Believe it or not a lot of mobile games would be great games if you could buy them upfront and never be pestered with microtransactions, premium nonsense and gambling. But since we're talking about Activision here... yeah, I wouldn't count on being able to skip it even if you want to pay 60$ for it.

The problem is that it's more profitable to give the game for free and have all that garbage in it. The "whales" alone make it worth it.
Believe me, I'm not expecting much, but I'll play up to the first paywall and see how I feel.
11/02/2018 11:00 PMPosted by Eevee
Believe me, I'm not expecting much, but I'll play up to the first paywall and see how I feel.

It's being done by Netease. Based on what I looked at from past games that's gonna be about 5-15 minutes if you burn through the tutorial stuff or a few hours if you do it super casually.
To be fair, the game looks good for a mobile game. It is trash, but its good looking trash if you know what I mean.

Its just the fact of it being limited to awful-crap mobile controls and the 101% likehood of it being plagued with microstransactions/gacha/all the lovely moneyscam things mobile games have what really hurts it.

The only way I see this working is if it becomes one of those very rare pay 2 play mobile games with no in-game extra transactions like the mobile ports Square did of Final Fantasy games.
But yeah I guess it will still be a neat game to play on the toilet at least...
11/02/2018 10:31 PMPosted by Snikrot
Gotta feel bad for the Blizz employees losing sleep tonight.... especially the guys running the Diablo Q&A tomorrow.

I don't.

My most feverent hope is one of two things.

A.) No one shows
B.) Everyone shows and they spend the entire time asking the devs how they could be this idiotic.
Welll I dip my feet in most moble games, I would not try this one out.

F/GO any one

I just hope it won't go Gacha level.....please last thing I Need is diablo Gacha
11/02/2018 11:07 PMPosted by Pointyends
11/02/2018 10:31 PMPosted by Snikrot
Gotta feel bad for the Blizz employees losing sleep tonight.... especially the guys running the Diablo Q&A tomorrow.

I don't.

My most feverent hope is one of two things.

A.) No one shows
B.) Everyone shows and they spend the entire time asking the devs how they could be this idiotic.

"So wait, it's NOT an out of season April Fool's joke?"

Someone please ask this. It'd be the perfect followup.
I can only imagine it becoming a P2W game.