MDI - Guess what DPS classes will dominate!

Battle for Azeroth Items and Classes
lmao imagine playing a shaman or priest and wanting to dps.
Rogues may as well delete every other melee dps really
Tank: Blood DK
Ranged: Frost mage
Healer: Disc priest
DPS: Rogue / DH

Every single comp.

Method NA is trying to run with something other than a disc priest but they're going to lose to free marsy as result.
MDI I don’t think is a good indication of viability. Being a competition people will bring what is optimal. We all know optimal comps and imbalances in different roles.
11/03/2018 02:21 PMPosted by Sybille
MDI I don’t think is a good indication of viability. Being a competition people will bring what is optimal. We all know optimal comps and imbalances in different roles.

“Don’t nerf me, bro!”

And yet in the arena tournament you see a variety of comps being played. Some specs are clearly better than others, but most classes have representation even at the highest level.

The MDI is showing us just how imbalanced the classes are right now in pve. There are clear outliers, and in the case of tanks, it has been known for awhile that blood is completely overtuned both numbers wise and kit wise, but blizzard doesn't care.
11/02/2018 11:29 PMPosted by Ashenan
11/02/2018 11:28 PMPosted by Aethevale
Its true this will be a sore spot for some, but honestly at this point the fact they can't balance tanks better than this is just a complete joke.

Got to ask, was it this bad in Legion?

No, it hasn't been this bad since BC.
11/03/2018 03:31 PMPosted by Quard
No, it hasn't been this bad since BC.
Yeah, the BC MDI was much better than this one.
They are certainly not on the level of Rogue, Demon Hunter, and Mages for those same keys but they are not trash as many seam to think either.

I think this comes from the low and mid range keys where burst dominates. After a certain point, trash isn't at 50% on global 5 and sustain classes have a chance to ramp.
11/03/2018 08:02 AMPosted by Vaerume
I've always wondered how you can not care about someone's response while responding to it.

Not so great with reading comprehension are you? That or you're strawmanning me which is entirely possible too. I didn't say I didn't care about his response. I said I didn't care about a specific opinion he provided because it was hyperbolic biased garbage. If you tell me that you think the Earth is flat and I believe you are sincere, I can simultaneously laugh at your position while not caring that you believe what you believe because it's ridiculous. It's not confusing or complicated.

11/03/2018 08:59 AMPosted by Aethevale
They are certainly not on the level of Rogue, Demon Hunter, and Mages for those same keys but they are not trash as many seam to think either.

Yep. Affliction isn't hot on trash packs, can still do really well pending traits and cooldowns but does very well at bosses. Better than either of the other specs. Demo ramp isn't great for bosses but it can do really well on trash, more often though I feel like it's every other pack I do really well just because of the ebb and flow of imp spawns/implosions and then it's mediocre on bosses. Haven't done much with destro this xpac.

I's not only a MDI problem.

Have a look at the overall statistics of M+ Keys:

https://raider.io/mythic-plus/season-bfa-1/all/world/leaderboards#role=tank:mode=all:minMythicLevel=15:maxMythicLevel=99
Ok elephant in the room, Nyhila get a life bro.

More to the point, I agree balance is garbo but I would make the argument MDI is not exactly what I would call a good place to base balance off. Its speed runs at 13. I myself am more interested in highest key made in time and what comps make that up. As of right now there are three healers that are doing well with two tanks and a handful of DPS. I think the main distinguishing factor between these classes and the rest is two fold. Raw damage and utility.
I think blizz pruned some specs way too hard when they started taking away utility. Example, prot warrior. Put aside they their mitigation kit is pure !@# for a sec, they massively lack in useful utility. No Vigilance, no mocking banner, no reckless banner. That a lone disqualifies them from being used but add back their $%^- mitigation and rotation and voila you see the problem clearly. Bears are in the same boat.