What Happened To Diablo Could Happen To Us Too...

General Discussion
1 2 3 8 Next
Don't take it lightly and don't just laugh at the videos and reaction videos online. It could and might happen to us some day. So beware and let it be known we don't want a damn mobile Warcraft game.
Believe me. I'm not laughing.

It is very rarely that I feel this disappointed in Activision-Blizzard as a company, but since Blizzcon I've felt nothing less than severe disappointment.

Save for Warcraft III Reforged. That was the one bright spot.
Blizzard is run by suits now.

It isn't a question of 'could' but 'when'
I wouldn't mind a Warcraft Mobile Game. Am I the only person here who likes Mobile Games? You can play them on the go! What's not to like?! Microtransactions, sure w/e, but there are some good ones out there.
Hyping a community for a year that something big was coming then taking their entirely PC based game and giving it an intellectual successor only on mobile is insulting. To add insult to injury, their response was "What, don't you guys own phones?"

11/03/2018 08:59 AMPosted by Mortex
I wouldn't mind a Warcraft Mobile Game. Am I the only person here who likes Mobile Games? You can play them on the go! What's not to like?! Microtransactions, sure w/e, but there are some good ones out there.
It will happen. Its just timing now. One dev plays on a tablet and that isnt far off from a phone.

WoW is on a timer.
Blizz has totally disconnected from their customers , it's like they want to fail...
Hyping a community for a year that something big was coming then taking their entirely PC based game and giving it an intellectual successor only on mobile is insulting. To add insult to injury, their response was "What, don't you guys own phones?"

I recall there were rumors that the new president of Blizzard, J. Allen Brack wanted to look into mobile gaming. Is that true?
...why do you care so much? And beyond that, why is it such a big deal that they came out with a mobile Diablo? They have to try new things with their properties; only when they don't will they be truly failing. Look at HotS and Hearthstone, for instance. Just... new things with their existing properties.

I'm going to check it out. If I like it, I'll play it. If not, I won't. If they released mobile WoW, I'll do the same thing: check it out and if I like it, I'll play it.
You can play them on the go! What's not to like?!

am i the only one who pays attention to my surroundings while "on the go" instead of zoning out like a baby with keys dangled in front of its face
I see it now. When WoW loses players due to one of its expansions being mobile only, they have Classic WoW to fall back on, forcing players who want to play WoW on PC to stay in a stale expansion, or experience WoW from the beginning.

Then they will justify adding things to classic WoW. Maybe they will try to give another crack at developing WoW, starting from vanilla.
WoW will continue on PC, but it is also moving to consoles in 2019. (I, personally think it won't be until 2020).

Considering the Mobile Diablo outrage, I'm surprised there wasn't more discussion about this. They mentioned it in the 2017 Q3 report. So when they finally announce it publicly, they can say they already gave notice back in 2017.

WoW on Xbox2 and PS5...... Better than a Samsung S11 I guess!
What if I told you Diablo Mobile doesn't rule out Diablo 4 on PC?
I always thought the pruning and GCD was them trying to pave the way for porting this over to consoles.

I still think that.

I like mobile games, but I don't like action/rpg type mobile games. The controls are too clunky. If phones had some sort of controllers like the switch, I would probably really like a lot of those games. Mobile games are great for puzzles or "city builders," though.

I was prepared to be disappointed once I learned "D4 isn't going to be announced." But I think the big thing is that this mobile game was meant to be the highlight of BlizzCon. It's the "big new thing."
Their already testing the waters with the wow companion app. Just a matter of time before it has microtransactions. Cant really blame them though as long as people are stupid enough to spend money on that trash.
11/03/2018 09:08 AMPosted by Onorlus
WoW will continue on PC, but it is also moving to consoles in 2019. (I, personally think it won't be until 2020).

Considering the Mobile Diablo outrage, I'm surprised there wasn't more discussion about this. They mentioned it in the 2017 Q3 report. So when they finally announce it publicly, they can say they already gave notice back in 2017.

WoW on Xbox2 and PS5...... Better than a Samsung S11 I guess!

Console is for sure coming.
11/03/2018 09:07 AMPosted by Deddard
...why do you care so much? And beyond that, why is it such a big deal that they came out with a mobile Diablo? They have to try new things with their properties; only when they don't will they be truly failing. Look at HotS and Hearthstone, for instance. Just... new things with their existing properties.

I'm going to check it out. If I like it, I'll play it. If not, I won't. If they released mobile WoW, I'll do the same thing: check it out and if I like it, I'll play it.

The Diablo community is starving for any kind of new content. A mobile exclusive release gives nothing to PC gamers- which is what the Diablo community is comprised of. This announcement after such a long content drought was not taken well.

It would be like WoW not releasing a new expansion for 6 years and then releasing a mobile WoW spin-off game without giving anything to the original WoW base.
hole.io is a fun mobile game. I played it once while on an airplane recently, and might play on the flight home, but that's it. I have a nice gaming computer with a nice monitor and a ps4 connected to a 65" tv, why would I play a mobile game instead?