Aimed shot is the issue with MM

Hunter
Aimed shot is tied to too many modifiers/procs. It makes the spec unreliable. It completely breaks MM's ability to burst specific amounts with timing. Most of the time you will get half decent procs, a large minority of the time you will get horrible procs and a small minority of the time you will get godly procs. Aimed shot varries from 30k-100k crit damage with my spec and gear. That is ABSURD!

At least I can keep rolling the dice on my rogue :''(

What I want to add is that if aimed shot had reliable damage, people would complain less about wanting to cast while moving. People would feel less terrible about standing still and casting aimed shot if when they did, it mattered.
Hopefully, all of the projected changes on the 8.1 PTR will go live.
11/03/2018 04:24 PMPosted by Nuskurghain

Why? They don't make aimed shot any less terrible. Even the new rapid fire trait still requires aimed shot for procs.
11/03/2018 06:16 PMPosted by Mofuggaz

Why? They don't make aimed shot any less terrible. Even the new rapid fire trait still requires aimed shot for procs.

I agree.

In what way? Not that I'm inclined to disagree.
11/06/2018 07:44 PMPosted by Nuskurghain

In what way? Not that I'm inclined to disagree.

Aimed shot has a 15% chance to reset CD on rapid fire with the trait.
Which means if you run the new garbage lethal shots you have to make sure aimed doesn't reset the CD on rapid before you cast arcane otherwise lose a potential lethal shots proc.

Making the spec extremely clunky.
11/06/2018 08:08 PMPosted by Mofuggaz
Which means if you run the new garbage lethal shots you have to make sure aimed doesn't reset the CD on rapid before you cast arcane otherwise lose a potential lethal shots proc.

I see. It's probably meant to get us away from using so much Steady Shot in the rotation by putting more emphasis on Rapid Fire and Arcane Shot.
11/06/2018 10:39 PMPosted by Nuskurghain
11/06/2018 08:08 PMPosted by Mofuggaz

I see. It's probably meant to get us away from using so much Steady Shot in the rotation by putting more emphasis on Rapid Fire and Arcane Shot.

Yes but no thought was put into it. They saw how steady shot functioned with lethal shots and with no regards to the aftermath just removed it.

I'm fine with removing things but a have !@#$ing plan afterwards before you do it.
11/07/2018 05:52 AMPosted by Mofuggaz
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Yes but no thought was put into it. They saw how steady shot functioned with lethal shots and with no regards to the aftermath just removed it.

I'm fine with removing things but a have !@#$ing plan afterwards before you do it.

Yeah. If you pay attention to PTR notes and dates, it becomes glaringly obvious that MM is on the lowest of priorities... Even though its represented through logs to be one of the worst.

I loled so hard at this.
11/08/2018 01:01 PMPosted by Pochecha

I loled so hard at this.

I legit did as well.