Do you like the new Shadowbolt?

Warlock
Or do you prefer the old fashionated skull bolt
No. I want not the last iteration but the one previous from BC and Vanilla.

I also want the sound effect back.
fugg no. !@#$'s so %^-. in raids and/or high keys it's a whatever filler, but in pvp you literally never see a lock cast it. Some locks that stream don't even have it on their keybinds haha
Skullbolt for days.
Nope ... I do not like it.

I mainly just want the original sound of Shadowbolt back. This new one sounds like a marble in a frying pan. :(
Tbh I want drain life back, but skull bolt was better looking IMO had more of a warlock look to it.
I like the new one, but if you gave me back the old glyph that made it into 3 smaller bolts twisting together, I'd totally want the old version back.
11/03/2018 07:14 PMPosted by Menemies
in pvp you literally never see a lock cast it. Some locks that stream don't even have it on their keybinds haha

Cause they're probably aff. Most aff locks run DB in pvp which takes SB pretty much out of the picture.
I miss the skullbolt so much - and considering how much time I spend casting SB in raids and dungeons I would love being able to bring it back -
just put it in as a glyph and allow us to choose.
Current shadowbolt looks like a dainty little fairy firecracker you'd set off in your coming out announcement.
skull bolt looked way better. I also dont like how the new one kind of arcs out. should just go right for the face. just in it. all over it. the whole face. that would feel a lot more like a warlock.
11/09/2018 04:50 PMPosted by Baalial
Current shadowbolt looks like a dainty little fairy firecracker you'd set off in your coming out announcement.

Thats funny, because it's damage is about the same. V___V
I might be the only one but I personally don't mind it. It would have been better if they just visually updated the previous version though.
I like the new one, personally, the fel embers are a neat touch.

Now demonbolt, that thing needs a rework...and green fire to match the rest of the demo spell effects.
I get jealous when ever I run into an mob or NPC that cast's SB cause they all use the old one and its beautiful and makes me really sad.
Sometimes I let them hit me in the face with it just so I can look at the animation.

also the worm guys in underrot have a much cooler version of Deathbolt that actually has a skull in it. makes me really salty - cause IM like what... why doesnt shadowbolt or even deathbolt.... look like that.
Old shadow bolt not only looked better, it also sounded much cooler.
Yea I like it. They did a good job of differentiating Shadow Priest shadow spells from the Warlock shadow spells.

It's unpredictable trajectory in flight is also pretty rad as well.
11/03/2018 05:50 PMPosted by Tragik
No. I want not the last iteration but the one previous from BC and Vanilla.

I also want the sound effect back.

This. I could live with the new animation if we had the old sound effect still but this just ruins it outright.

At least we'll have it back in Classic.
Yes. I like the sound effects and animations for all of the spells for the warlock now.

Affliction in general sounds very Affliction-y because of the disembodied whispers and agonized screams you can hear, plus the shadow effects are really cool.

The skull was neat, but it was kind of a secret aspect of the old shadowbolt. You only really know that it was there if you slowed footage down or looked really closely at it. The new one is neat because of it's unpredictable trajectory. So, I don't really miss the old animation.

If anything it's the animations for Deathbolt and Haunt that are kind of weak.
I feel like what they did was take the graphics of Azerite (the particle effects you see whenever you do the Champs of Azeroth quests) and just made them purple.