With Classic WoW, Time To Increase Subscription?

General Discussion
If I am going to pay more a month I had better damn well get more than what is provided in Live. Holy crap BFA sucks. As for paying for a classic server or two I would contribute to that but Blizz wants to give it out for free and that is there choice to do so. Maybe I would pay more a month if Blizz went back to making wow an MMORPG instead of the M+, wanna be esport crap it is today.
$25 for those who play classic
$15 for those who just play the live game.

Works for me.
Can't tell if this is a troll or not.
Blizzard would employ economists to make profit estimates regarding subscription rates. If they thought they'd bring in more revenue with an increase in the rate, they would have done so already.
Considering WOW is sporting 10 million less subs than at peak Im sure there is enough room for classic without extra cost. Blizzard is only doing Classic to generate more subs anyways. I personally know I wouldnt pay $40 a month to keep up my 2 subs.
No I don't care one bit about Classic.

Keep your high payment fantasies to where it is actually needed to support the classic servers: SEPARATE subscription for classic
No, because this is all around the priciest MMO on the market as it is and Blizzard's top competitors in the MMO market are not slouches these days.
11/04/2018 05:12 AMPosted by Kamiski
For over 10 years Blizzard has kept the price the same despite inflation and their game expanding. With WoW Classic, their server cost has increases making it harder to keep up with the servers. With a sub increase Blizzard can then assure that servers can run smoothly for new game launches. With a $19.99 sub increase, you will be paying $10 per game instead of $15 per game, paying less overall per game. It is time for Blizzard to finally increase their outdated subscription price to keep up with inflation and server cost to assure we get max quality services.

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA
GO BACK TO YOUR PRIVATE SERVER AND CRY THERE
11/04/2018 06:20 AMPosted by Bolgg
For over 10 years Blizzard has kept the price the same despite inflation and their game expanding. With WoW Classic, their server cost has increases making it harder to keep up with the servers. With a sub increase Blizzard can then assure that servers can run smoothly for new game launches. With a $19.99 sub increase, you will be paying $10 per game instead of $15 per game, paying less overall per game. It is time for Blizzard to finally increase their outdated subscription price to keep up with inflation and server cost to assure we get max quality services.

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA
GO BACK TO YOUR PRIVATE SERVER AND CRY THERE

The most amusing thing I see is classic people crying about a subscription when they come to the sudden realization that Non Retail was FREE and had no obligation to support them.
11/04/2018 06:11 AMPosted by Drolvarg

Works for me.

$5 for Classic
$20 for retail

If I only want to play old content I already paid $15 a month for years ago I should get a discount. By paying the $15 at one time plus tge $5 now it would be fair to increase retail to $20 a month.
11/04/2018 06:23 AMPosted by Machomadness
11/04/2018 06:11 AMPosted by Drolvarg

Works for me.

$5 for Classic
$20 for retail

If I only want to play old content I already paid $15 a month for years ago I should get a discount. By paying the $15 at one time plus tge $5 now it would be fair to increase retail to $20 a month.

But why should players who were happy with current WoW be forced to pay for something they never asked for?

Let the Classic players who demanded Classic servers actually put in effort to support the server.

15 Dollars for Current and 15 for Classic.
I think Blizzard would lose more revenue by increasing he monthly sub. They would lose a lot of subscriptions and the related microtransaction revenue.

Still, they do need to do SOMETHING to fix their awful lag. Can’t even run IoC or Southshore vs Tarren Mill without the game gumming up. Whatever Blizzard has done to their coding over the years, it’s making performance much worse.
I think they'd know more about they're servers than anyone and if they can afford the upkeep. I get that inflation would make the price go up, but honestly I don't think we can say if they need more cash flow to keep up with classic. If they don't increase the price it's probably for a reason.
11/04/2018 05:14 AMPosted by Dosao
It would be fair to put a seperate 15 dollar sub for classic so that those of us who don’t want classic need not play it.

That's not how things work.

Dude, seriously stop trolling and Shut Up.
11/04/2018 06:28 AMPosted by Xargaryen
11/04/2018 05:14 AMPosted by Dosao
It would be fair to put a seperate 15 dollar sub for classic so that those of us who don’t want classic need not play it.

That's not how things work.

Well:

1. Separate server
2. Separate game
3. Separate functionality
4. Separate effort required to create that
5. Separate sub

That's exactly how things work.
When a new product or service is added to your current product or service without increasing the price, this is called a value-added product or service. It comes at a loss to the product or service provider. If a provider (Blizzard) chooses to lose money to increase my entertainment, I ain't going to complain.
11/04/2018 05:16 AMPosted by Speçies
It is clear that they have made it known that an active sub is all we need to play Classic. End of story.
^This.

OP, if you want to send Blizzard extra money, I'm sure they won't mind. Just don't imagine the rest of us want to hop on that wagon.
I wonder if the cost for blizzard to run wow hasn't decreased in this same time.
I would not Mind if Blizzard increases the subscription to something like $20 for BfA + Classic, BfA players who complain don't understand what a Premium gaming experience classic is, they will understand in time