Classic Demo made me appreciate Retail more

Classic Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
I’ll leave this here in case you feel the need to step to this.
11/05/2018 05:45 AMPosted by Shadowstalkx
After playing the Classic Demo for about 30 minutes I exited and refuse to play the demo OR Classic when it releases. It's like playing a game from the late 90s or early 2000s mechanically. It would be like going back to the original Everquest or Runescape. Yes, it's for some people, but not me.

What it did was make me appreciate Retail so much more. Just the convenience of having the chauffeur mount on my low level alts is HUGE. Not to mention the easier/faster/streamlined leveling approach and so many quality of life improvements. If anything, Classic highlights the good things about Retail.

I tried a single Island Expedition and knew that BfA wasn’t for me.
I congratulate you sir, and I am not trolling one little bit. You could have done what most people from BFA have done and posted a nasty nitpick thread in an effort to derail Classic. But instead, we get honesty.

One of the biggest things us Classic folks are dead set against was brought up directly in your post, level one mounts.

In thirty minutes, what did you accomplish? Maybe you completed one quest after dying at least once. It’s not the same, is it? What you played was a rushed product that merely gave people the feel of Classic but still has at least 6 more months of work. Classic will be slightly more daunting than the Demo. There have been reports that Priest resurrecting players brought them back to full health in the Demo, for example. That’s not Classic! That’s something that still has to be ironed out for the launch.

While I wish you would give Classic a fair shake when it launches, you were provided a glimmer into the fundamental difference from the current game in the Demo.

Some people simply will not have the time for Classic that justifies their time investment. When I stated over and over again in previous postings in this forum that players will definitely not be able to sit in front of their computer for a week and go from level 1-60, I wasn’t just blowing smoke. Classic had a different game philosophy.

I will not disparage the current game other than to say it’s not what I prefer.
You think your post was long, or this one? So I commend you on your honesty and wish you well.
I believe there is a bare minimum level of effort invested in this in hopes that people will remember Vanilla or experience the inconveniences. This way, canceling doesn’t look so bad

That’s my honest opinion.
11/05/2018 06:19 AMPosted by Victorlaw
Oh sod off. At least it's giving people a chance to try the game without actually wasting their money on a second sub they won't be paying. I'm actually okay with this.

"sod off"? I like your debating skills. also wasn't really saying they should undo the combined sub merely implying in a bit of an indirect way it isn't doing classic any favors at least in this case.
11/05/2018 05:58 AMPosted by Wildfetus
I mean, you're a LFR hero - so it makes sense. You're a product of streamlined games. Number crunching and getting into the nitty gritty of mechanics is probably inconvenient for you.

You also have no desire to play games like EVE or Path of Exile. Your dopamine release in games happens in rapid 15 minute intervals.
Damn this sums up retail players, no disrespect if you are a retail player, but he's right.
Was the OP speaking English? It is honestly hard to tell. I mean, I recognize words that I should know, but the message is incomprehensible.
After playing the Classic Demo for about 30 minutes I exited and refuse to play the demo OR Classic when it releases. It's like playing a game from the late 90s or early 2000s mechanically. It would be like going back to the original Everquest or Runescape. Yes, it's for some people, but not me.

What it did was make me appreciate Retail so much more. Just the convenience of having the chauffeur mount on my low level alts is HUGE. Not to mention the easier/faster/streamlined leveling approach and so many quality of life improvements. If anything, Classic highlights the good things about Retail.

That's cool, Classic's not for everyone, I wish you maximum enjoyment in retail. I'm just glad the two audiences are finally getting the option to play the version of the game they prefer.

i appreciate your honesty. enjoy bfa!
Don't poke the troll y'all
Laughs in FFXI
11/05/2018 05:58 AMPosted by Wildfetus
I mean, you're a LFR hero - so it makes sense. You're a product of streamlined games. Number crunching and getting into the nitty gritty of mechanics is probably inconvenient for you.

You also have no desire to play games like EVE or Path of Exile. Your dopamine release in games happens in rapid 15 minute intervals.

Behold, for I am... THE ALPHA GAMER.
If you look at his profile you can see achievements going back to 2008.

It was an obvious troll as is. I'm honestly surprised how easy it is to troll these forums

Im going to play both. My guildies and i had a good ole time haha. we still are actually.
You can tell Classic is going to be good when the casuals start complaining about it in the forums.
This opinion is minority. You appreciate a full game compared to a demo. Invalid comparison. Vanilla is at max level.
11/05/2018 07:25 PMPosted by Dundimbor
If you look at his profile you can see achievements going back to 2008.

It was an obvious troll as is. I'm honestly surprised how easy it is to troll these forums

How do his achievements make him a troll?
11/05/2018 06:19 AMPosted by Victorlaw
At least it's giving people a chance to try the game without actually wasting their money on a second sub they won't be paying. I'm actually okay with this.

You know what also gives them a chance to try the game without wasting their money on something they won't be playing?

A 10 day free trial.

one time when I was working at a nursing home there was an old man standing in his room smearing !@#$ all over himself. this is the equivalent of seeing that
Honestly, I think its great he has come to terms that he cant handle Classic. I think that's great. One less kid clogging up the Classic realms with complaints. Hopefully a lot of others also got a piece of Classic reality and will also be honest enough not to play the game because they realized this type of game play isn't for them.