Flying: Why must we wait until 8.2?

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 23 Next
You didn't have to work for it in TBC, Wrath, Cata or even MoP and they were very well-received.

Just because something is well-received doesn't mean every single decision were all perfect. WotLK had one of the worst raids in history (And Cata wasn't well-received in the slightest).
Here's a thought, why don't they make flying specific combat/quests/etc and actually make it a true part of the game instead of just some side thing.
11/05/2018 08:21 PMPosted by Sonagen
11/05/2018 06:18 PMPosted by Ohenzo
Besides, by the the time flying is released the new content will likely be "no fly" anyways.

Such blatant disregard for customer satisfaction and experience would never 'fly' in
the real workplace world. And the hubris demonstrated by developers who seem to not care in the least what their community thinks astounds me.

Except the vast majority of players did vote and respond in favor of no flying at all. It should have been removed from all zones and content but a small vocal few have ruined it for all of us.
Really? When did we ‘vote’ on flying?
The "blatant disregard for customer satisfaction" is part of the Activision/Blizzard corporate culture. You have to have that mindset or you can't work there, obviously. Look at what happened at Blizzcon - that's a window into their world, and it's an ugly, attitude-filled drama land of egos and personalities battling each other and the customers. A complete 180 to how Blizz was 10 years ago, and the sub numbers prove it.

All they're doing now is riding on past success and squeezing blood from the stone that's left of the customer base. Good god they can't even make Warcraft 4, they have to re-do WC3 instead because they have no idea how to make a good game today.
I'm tired of being unable to fly.
I can understand while leveling but not at max level.
It should be added at max level for gold.

It is not being added right away because of a personal preference on the part of a developer or a group of powerful developers.

Wish the devs would be honest and actually tell us why they take away a game design that I enjoy when those that hate it are always, always, able to use ground mounts as intended. Of course that would mean they care about their customer enough to communicate with them, and NO, a customer service rep blue is NOT the same.
11/05/2018 06:25 PMPosted by Voidarcane
I enjoy not flying until the X.2 of the patch like in Legion, I get to explore the world it seems larger, and by the time X.2 roles out when I'm leveling more alts I can just fly by the boring stuff where I have already seen everything for the 10th+ time leveling characters to 120.

Fyi I already have 8 120's....

Wait a minute. First, how the hell can you have eight 120s and not have explored 'the world' yet? Second, I have explored 'the world' already on my single 120 and I am ready for flying right now. This all or nothing !@#$ has to go with Blizzard.
11/05/2018 06:32 PMPosted by Orienn
How many threads are we going to see a day about this topic? The horse is deader.
Because of nonsense like:
11/05/2018 06:40 PMPosted by Därkmist
Flying damages immersion.
11/05/2018 06:32 PMPosted by Orienn
How many threads are we going to see a day about this topic? The horse is deader.

Until they stop this nonsense. I chuckle at the posts. But on the side I do miss flying.
11/05/2018 07:14 PMPosted by Därkmist
11/05/2018 06:48 PMPosted by Mordritch
Now say that without crying. Also, you could just use your ground mount in order to save your almighty immersion. But you know .... can’t have any logical thinking in these forums.

I enjoy flying as much as the next person. It makes farming so much more palatable. That being said I don't have to like what they do to understand why they do it amd accept their reasons as completely valid. How would you like it if you poured your soul into a project that took thousands of man hours to complete just to have someone ignore it. Flying made sense for BC, wrath, cata and Mop because of the terrain, but they have been designing away the NEED for flying since WoW and have made it strictly a convenience. The compromise is pathfinder.

I get your opinions and all that jazz, but when you post... it couldn't possibly be more useless.
The devs said flying was a mistake...well, the current lead dev said this. You know, the guy who has cratered WoW so badly they stopped reporting sub numbers and want to Skype with unsubbers to find out why. You know, the guy who thought Azerite armor was a great idea, who thought Island Expeditions were exciting and who thought Warfronts was compelling content. Maybe he;s not the best judge of whats best for the game. Also, they said years ago affing arena was a mistake and yet not only is it still here but they balance PvP around it and sponsor tournements.

Flying gives an unfair advantage when gathering mats...so does stealth, should we delete that? So does better gear since you can kill mobs faster, should we disable raid gear outside of raid zones? So does someone who has more time, should we limit time your able to gather mats? Besides, its only true if both gatherers start gathering on a race track type course.

Its their game...yes, but its our money. We can tell them their wrong, just as you would if they came out today and told you everyone is getting race changed to Leper gnomes.

The only reason we have Pathfinder is because Ion is a spiteful [REDACTED].

Wrong.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/4568-Hotfixes-for-December-5th-No-Flying-Poll-DLC-467

Stop using this link.

1) This link is not related to the current content- this was done 3 expansions ago.

2) This particular poll was easily circumvented. I'm pretty sure I voted a couple of times on that one. It wasn't a valid poll back then and it definitely isn't valid now.

3) See point 1.

Its even less relevant when you consider that its a poll from a month after launch. A time when it would barely matter.
11/05/2018 09:12 PMPosted by Charax
11/05/2018 09:10 PMPosted by Graewyn
You got anything else? Because mocking you is going to be the easiest thing I do all night.

You can try mocking me but I am actually quite good at debating. Bring it on, my salty friend. I will gladly swat down your arguments.

The fact you tried to offer up an mmo champ poll as any sort of "proof" means, no, you aren't.
Except the vast majority of players did vote and respond in favor of no flying at all. I

..when was this? Other than in your imagination........
Let's suppose you could fly right now, how would that make you log on for longer?

The amount of flight paths in every zone is already borderline ridiculous, top it off with the short cooldown on Flight Master's Whistle and you can already semi-fly directly from quest to quest.

The requests for flying early in the game are so unreasonable, given the accomodations we have already been provided, that I suspect trolls that just cannot wait to fire up their bots to gather mats.
11/05/2018 06:18 PMPosted by Ohenzo
Besides, by the the time flying is released the new content will likely be "no fly" anyways.

Such blatant disregard for customer satisfaction and experience would never 'fly' in
the real workplace world. And the hubris demonstrated by developers who seem to not care in the least what their community thinks astounds me.

Can't wait to read your crying flying thread next expansion titled: " Flying: Why must we wait until 9.2?"
11/05/2018 09:24 PMPosted by Gnomest
Lol. I am happy there will be no flying for a good long while. WPvP will take a hit when it comes out.

Yes, 6-12 horde running at level 120 killing ally players in Darkshire that are trying to level is incredible wpvp. Flying enabled this very moment wouldn't make any different in this case.
11/06/2018 06:28 AMPosted by Leowulf
Let's suppose you could fly right now, how would that make you log on for longer?

The amount of flight paths in every zone is already borderline ridiculous, top it off with the short cooldown on Flight Master's Whistle and you can already semi-fly directly from quest to quest.

The requests for flying early in the game are so unreasonable, given the accomodations we have already been provided, that I suspect trolls that just cannot wait to fire up their bots to gather mats.

I would do my emissary quests, explore while I'm flying to them then log onto an alt and do it again and again and again and again. I have 5 120s and doing a set of emissaries on one is boring enough without flying. I have to get on a flight path which robs control of my character and wait to play. When I fly I'm actually playing the game instead of waiting on a non interactive flight path.

I'd also level the other 13 characters I have sitting at 110.

Like I've said in earlier posts I'd do a LOT more if we could fly.
So I can save ~6 months of subscription fees while I play games I already own and wait for the implementation along with all the end of expansion catch up mechanics?
Wish ppl would stop parroting the stupid blizzard line about ‘immersion’.

It’s only because they run out of content too fast with flying that they have time gated it . I wonder why Blizzard cannot be honest about the reason instead of thinking that it’s players are brain dead.