Flying: Why must we wait until 8.2?

General Discussion
Prev 1 15 16 17 23 Next
11/07/2018 08:41 AMPosted by Demontê
Because flying is a gloried version of /noclip and the only reason it's still in the game is because you whiners can't stand the thought of this game even remotely being challenging.

Remind me again how flying magically completes content for you? Is there a special button?

Edit - also you talk about a challenging game when you've done NOTHING challenging yourself. What a joke.
11/05/2018 09:16 PMPosted by Charax
...Oh, I must have missed the report that stated X number of players unsubbed because of flying. Are you going to invent facts now for your argument?
I don't need to invent facts. It happened. It wasn't a coincidence.
Correct. Some want us to believe that the dev team (and, specifically, Ion) did a 180 on flying in WoD because only a miniscule number of players wanted flight. That would be the "guffaw of the day" ... an extremely small number of players forced a video game studio to reverse itself on personal flight. Kinda like that "minority" of players that forced Blizzard to back off on the RealID proposal a few years back.

Don't you just LOVE it when truth is twisted, or completely ignored, because it doesn't fit the fantasy some live in? lol
...I don't need to invent facts. It happened. It wasn't a coincidence.
Correct. Some want us to believe that the dev team (and, specifically, Ion) did a 180 on flying in WoD because only a miniscule number of players wanted flight. That would be the "guffaw of the day" ... an extremely small number of players forced a video game studio to reverse itself on personal flight. Kinda like that "minority" of players that forced Blizzard to back off on the RealID proposal a few years back.

Don't you just LOVE it when truth is twisted, or completely ignored, because it doesn't fit the fantasy some live in? lol

So Ion announced "no flying going forward" only to reverse that decision 2 or 3 weeks later. That's not a coincidence. That's the outrage of a community that forced them to change it.

Pathfinder is a petty spiteful result of the players not allowing Blizzard to remove flying.
Time is money friend.

11/05/2018 06:18 PMPosted by Ohenzo
Besides, by the the time flying is released the new content will likely be "no fly" anyways.

Such blatant disregard for customer satisfaction and experience would never 'fly' in
the real workplace world. And the hubris demonstrated by developers who seem to not care in the least what their community thinks astounds me.
i want flying now to be honest.

i do think i just say something that flying will be working in the new zone though too.

still too long of a wait though.
Besides, by the the time flying is released the new content will likely be "no fly" anyways.

Such blatant disregard for customer satisfaction and experience would never 'fly' in
the real workplace world. And the hubris demonstrated by developers who seem to not care in the least what their community thinks astounds me.

oh look, another person who thinks theyre entitled to flying
11/07/2018 01:06 PMPosted by Autoth

oh look ! another blizzard shill!

seriously have you ever questioned how you sound?

Had pathfinder done for a while now. Why is flying still straight up time gated?

Yeah, idiot! You've only:
killed an old god
eliminated a multi universe demon annihilation threat
witnessed the rise and fall of the Drakkari empire
tamed countless beasts and dragons for your personal mounting pleasure
smashed countless dungeons in mythic plus or otherwise
stopped the lich king and his thirst for power and dominion
defeated Illidan
freed Illidan
watched Illidan destroy Xera and later sacrifice himself to save countless others
Watched as deathwing ravaged Azeroth and bravely fought and destroyed him
and then you time travelled countless times
somehow saved Grom Hellscream (may be the greatest warchief ever)
Oh yes and something with Panda's and flying serpent dragon things

But don't you dare feel like you can fly!
11/06/2018 12:21 PMPosted by Velara
11/05/2018 11:13 PMPosted by Asmo
...Agreed.

I'll do you one better. Let them turn flight off with a 30 day cooldown to turn it back on.

I'd love to see if anyone actually used it. BUT WPVP. Boo hoo you can dismount people.... again!

Since WPvP is now exclusively phased, Blizzard could disable flight.

Another option, is take one of the many empty servers and make it no flight only. Offer free transfers ON to that server. If you ever want off you can pay $$ to Blizzard for that service.

I say give the no-fliers what they want.

Give us fliers what we want.

Everyone happy.

WRONG! It wasn't the players that had the problem with flight, it was the devs, some of them anyway. What they had a problem with was having to put in the extra work it took to take flight into consideration during development. In other words, laziness. I despise laziness.

Semper Fi!
Oh, look. Another professional victim who, when victimized by Blizzard, proudly yells "Thank you, Sir! May I have another?"
11/06/2018 12:21 PMPosted by Velara
11/05/2018 11:13 PMPosted by Asmo
...Agreed.

I'll do you one better. Let them turn flight off with a 30 day cooldown to turn it back on.

I'd love to see if anyone actually used it. BUT WPVP. Boo hoo you can dismount people.... again!

Since WPvP is now exclusively phased, Blizzard could disable flight.

Another option, is take one of the many empty servers and make it no flight only. Offer free transfers ON to that server. If you ever want off you can pay $$ to Blizzard for that service.

I say give the no-fliers what they want.

Give us fliers what we want.

Everyone happy.

I'd be fine with no flying in warmode. The only time it was done right in my opinion was MoP. Flying in the leveling zones and grounded in the max level areas.
flying in 8.2 in the new zones.
https://www.wowhead.com/news=288498/latam-content-creators-interview-with-jeremy-feasel-and-paul-watkins-flying-in-n
These threads are starting to take up too much bandwidth. Pathfinder was a compromise back in WoD so we would be able to fly. It was used as the standard in Legion. Guess what, it is being used as the standard in BfA. It is a safe bet you will see this cycle repeat in any future expansions.

Regarding end game no-fly zones, they have been around since BC. The repeating argument regarding Tanaan Jungle being a flying zone has no merit. It was driectly attached to the continent and had no loading screen as a transition. If it was made no-fly, we would all plummet to our deaths as we got too close.

Timeless in MoP was an island and being flight free was part of the setting, similar to the continuous mid-day. It was separated with a fatigue expanse with a rather small zone to cross depending on your speed. It could be considered a flawed loading screen.
...cause.
11/07/2018 05:52 PMPosted by Alael
These threads are starting to take up too much bandwidth. Pathfinder was a compromise back in WoD so we would be able to fly. It was used as the standard in Legion. Guess what, it is being used as the standard in BfA. It is a safe bet you will see this cycle repeat in any future expansions.

Regarding end game no-fly zones, they have been around since BC. The repeating argument regarding Tanaan Jungle being a flying zone has no merit. It was driectly attached to the continent and had no loading screen as a transition. If it was made no-fly, we would all plummet to our deaths as we got too close.

Timeless in MoP was an island and being flight free was part of the setting, similar to the continuous mid-day. It was separated with a fatigue expanse with a rather small zone to cross depending on your speed. It could be considered a flawed loading screen.

Pathfinder was the petty spiteful time gate the devs put into WoD because the players didn't allow the devs to take out flying going forward. It was never a compromise.
Imagine if the "We want flying NOW" community were just as passionate about things that matter in game, like the desire to improve upon warfronts and islands.
11/07/2018 06:13 PMPosted by Itsblock
Imagine if the "We want flying NOW" community were just as passionate about things that matter in game, like the desire to improve upon warfronts and islands.

Maybe if a major part of player freedom and fun wasn't used as a time /played metric boost we would focus on other things.
Because they measure the game by a "time played" metric now. Flying likely reduces time played on average, so they want to avoid it as much as they can. They wanted it outright gone, but the backlash to that was too strong, so now we can fly only when the content is basically done anyhow.

This is what's gonna keep happening now that everyone with heart at Blizzard is gone and it's getting assimilated properly into the "money > gamers" policy of Activision.
11/07/2018 05:57 PMPosted by Ryuk
Pathfinder was the petty spiteful time gate the devs put into WoD because the players didn't allow the devs to take out flying going forward. It was never a compromise.

This is what I kept saying in Legion. Splitting it into two parts, on top of the most pointlessly hazardous and confusing terrain designs I've seen in a game, made it so obvious that they were being spiteful toward us for standing up to them about it.